Grand Californian Super Thread

For Disneyland, you'll go through security and into Downtown Disney. Then you turn right and just head over to the esplanade to get into the park.

For rope drop at DCA, I think people recommend using the hotel entrance into the park. For non-rope drop times, I've heard the entrance behind the DVC wing is good for getting into DCA as well.

I don't think there is mobile order for Craftsman, unfortunately. They do have pastries and things that would probably be quick to grab and purchase without much of a wait. But can't confirm as we are not early-risers. Ha!

Dca Rope drop non early entry days for dca is a crapshoot dca vs direct entry.

The dca line can get long and slow sometimes with the screening while dtd direct screening can be earlier and faster once at the gates.

We don't rope drop so back dca our main stop since we are dvc folk. Depends on where gc you are and where you're going otherwise.

Do any of the studios have the non-see through balcony walls? We had one of these in a regular room a few years
ago (didn't like it) and I am making my room request for November soon and am unsure what to ask for. We like the Pixar Pier view and a high floor, but am unsure if I need to specify that we want a balcony (do they all have one?) or
that it has open slats. I have written down that I like the views from 6504, 5504, 5506 and 4506 from the pics I have seen. What would y'all put for a request?

Thank you for the help!

Is the GCH grill the only option at the hotel for quick service coffee in the morning? Thanks.
You can order through room service the night before and they'll bring you fresh coffee in a silver pot in the morning, but it's not cheap.

Edited to add that it looks like it's $12 for a pot. Keep in mind there are various surcharges etc, but might be worth it! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/private-dining/menus

Another edit to add the extra charges: "All orders subject to applicable local sales tax, 19% service charge and $2.00 delivery charge."

Last edited:
You can order through room service the night before and they'll bring you fresh coffee in a silver pot in the morning, but it's not cheap.

Edited to add that it looks like it's $12 for a pot. Keep in mind there are various surcharges etc, but might be worth it! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/private-dining/menus

Another edit to add the extra charges: "All orders subject to applicable local sales tax, 19% service charge and $2.00 delivery charge."
So sad -- coffee used to be --- FREE.

So sad -- coffee used to be --- FREE.

Ok, so maybe I'm missing something....but do they no longer have coffee pods in the rooms? We just used to leave a note for Mousekeeping asking for extra pods if we wanted more than just 1 cup to start the day with.

Caveat: If they're still using Joffrey's pods it was pretty bad tasting so I can see getting a coffee 'to go' if you can't choke it down.

Ok, so maybe I'm missing something....but do they no longer have coffee pods in the rooms? We just used to leave a note for Mousekeeping asking for extra pods if we wanted more than just 1 cup to start the day with.

Caveat: If they're still using Joffrey's pods it was pretty bad tasting so I can see getting a coffee 'to go' if you can't choke it down.
They did have Joffrey's when we were there last month. Mousekeeping brought us more when we ran out.

Ok. Thank you. I was just trying to avoid running to the Anaheim Starbucks at 5:45. We have done that in the past and it’s fine but adds to the morning. I might bring my own pods this time then (Not a Joffrey’s coffee fan. Sorry!) and knowing the DTD Starbucks doesn’t open until after security, maybe trying to make it in the room is best. If that doesn’t work, I guess we will go back to running to the other Starbucks. The lengths we go to to support the habit. 🤣. Thank you for all your answers.

On our last two trips I used bottled water in the coffee maker and while I would not go so far as to say the coffee was great, it was drinkable at least! I also ordered a small carton of half and half instead of using the fake creamer provided.

Just so I'm clear - can I mobile order coffee and quick breakfast items from Craftsman Grill in the morning? Say I pick them up at 6:30. This is an option, correct? I don't want to walk to Starbucks or make in-room coffee. So I was banking on the fact that I could mobile order from Craftsman Grill in the morning?? Or no mobile order??

Do any of the studios have the non-see through balcony walls? We had one of these in a regular room a few years
ago (didn't like it) and I am making my room request for November soon and am unsure what to ask for. We like the Pixar Pier view and a high floor, but am unsure if I need to specify that we want a balcony (do they all have one?) or
that it has open slats. I have written down that I like the views from 6504, 5504, 5506 and 4506 from the pics I have seen. What would y'all put for a request?
You might get more response from the VGC Superthread

If you're going to use the in-room coffee maker, you can buy something at Starbucks and ask for an empty cup and bring back some half-and-half for later if you're going back to the room. I mean, obviously you can get your coffee there, too, but it's nice to have some cream for the times when you want to use the room machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter