Grand Californian Super Thread

Has anyone used either of the laundry rooms lately? What are they like? I've never done laundry in a hotel before but might want to next time. Do people stay in the room while their clothes are washing/drying? Probably a dumb question but like I said...I've never done laundry at a hotel.
I haven't specifically at the Grand, but I have at lots of the other DVC properties. Disney utilizes a wonderful service called Laundry View, so you can see what machines are available when you want to wash (without having to walk down the hall with a big load). https://www.laundryview.com/home/75...IAN-HOTEL-&-SPA/GRAND-CALIFORNIAN-HOTEL-&-SPA

In the DVC laundry rooms, people do not wait for their laundry in general. With as many machines as they have available at the Grand, I'd guess most people don't sit in the laundry room there, either. However, I do set a timer on my phone for the wash time and then the dry time, so that I'm back as the cycle ends so as not to take up a machine someone else needs to use.

I haven't specifically at the Grand, but I have at lots of the other DVC properties. Disney utilizes a wonderful service called Laundry View, so you can see what machines are available when you want to wash (without having to walk down the hall with a big load). https://www.laundryview.com/home/75...IAN-HOTEL-&-SPA/GRAND-CALIFORNIAN-HOTEL-&-SPA

In the DVC laundry rooms, people do not wait for their laundry in general. With as many machines as they have available at the Grand, I'd guess most people don't sit in the laundry room there, either. However, I do set a timer on my phone for the wash time and then the dry time, so that I'm back as the cycle ends so as not to take up a machine someone else needs to use.

Thanks! Very helpful. Glad to hear I wouldn't need to sit down there. We take a break every afternoon so being nearby isn't an issue. But if I had to actually stay in the laundry room, our son would really struggle with me being gone any length of time. We plan to drive next time and will be arrives with several days of dirty laundry so it would be really nice to get some of that done partway through.

Snagged a magic key holder discount for the end of April. Before the discount, the standard room for one night with taxes and fees was $745. The discount dropped it to $596 with taxes and fees. Still not cheap, but a good price for the Grand, and I’m splitting the cost with my sister. So excited!!!

Snagged a magic key holder discount for the end of April. Before the discount, the standard room for one night with taxes and fees was $745. The discount dropped it to $596 with taxes and fees. Still not cheap, but a good price for the Grand, and I’m splitting the cost with my sister. So excited!!!
Similarly, I got a Cast Member friend and family discount from a friend. Still expensive but was 40% off.

Hi all,
Got a wild hair and was able to snag a club level GCH stay for a quickie visit Mar 16-18. We were just there in August 2022 for our first family visit and we had such a great time that, well, you know... I think we may have caught the Disney bug. :)

Questions for you experts:
Is there anything newish in terms of club level offerings?
-Do you know if it's still just coffee from 6:30-7am, then breakfast? We'd like to get rollin' for EE!
-Do they still offer the grapefruit Sculpin IPA? I hope so, for it has become our official vacation beverage, haha.
Anything else new and interesting at GCH?

Generally speaking, I see that park-hopping starts earlier, we have new parades/shows, and the new ride (newly without a VQ)... in DCA, the food and wine fest should be fun...
Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, and Monsters Inc were closed during our last visit - our kids will love them!
What else?!
Since the last trip was our first visit, we did EVERYTHING: WOC dessert, F! premium dinner, parade seating, etc. We'll take a more relaxed approach and will have 3-day 1-park tix with G+.

It feels nice to be back. Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if there is any tea making facilities in the room, with takeaway paper coffee cups.? Also are there wine glasses, if we take a bottle back to our room? Thanks

Can someone please tell me if there is any tea making facilities in the room, with takeaway paper coffee cups.? Also are there wine glasses, if we take a bottle back to our room? Thanks
Hotel rooms with K cups of Tea or coffee as well as disposable cups w/lids.

not sure of wine glasses in hotel room. Villas have FULL kitchen ammenities (yes wine glasses) but older coffee maker and a sampler of tea bags.

Question about entry/exit from DCA. DO they check your bag on the way in and the way out? If so, does this take very long? I'm wondering if it would be annoying having to go through security multiple times a day.

Question about entry/exit from DCA. DO they check your bag on the way in and the way out? If so, does this take very long? I'm wondering if it would be annoying having to go through security multiple times a day.
They only check bags when going into the Disney Bubble (into the parks or Downtown Disney) so going into the hotel from any entrance (front of hotel, DCA or Downtown Disney) there is no bag check.

Just going into the park, not out.

We were there in early February and never had to wait more than a few people. However, we never got up early for rope drop and I'm guessing it's more crowded at that time.

Split staying upcoming between DH and GC. Do they still offer moving luggage over or need to haul ourselves?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter