Grand Californian Super Thread

It is still H2O products! The shampoo is green, conditioner white, and body wash clear. Same Sea salt scent. I have a picture from the DLH this past weekend. I can't figure out how post pics here
Oh good, I though surely they can't be pushing the cheap stuff for on-property rates! I thought H20 was ceasing production so that is wonderful to hear!

I can't tell from looking at the hotel maps I can find, but are there exits from the hotel closer to the plaza/downtown disney that guests can take instead of walking around from the front entrance? It looks like there is a path in one area, but it's hard to know if there are gates/fences etc.

Just looking at convenient ways to get to DL in the mornings. I will be running over from the conference halls to scan in before the meeting I am attending/or coming back from DL on days the conference starts a little later.

I can't tell from looking at the hotel maps I can find, but are there exits from the hotel closer to the plaza/downtown disney that guests can take instead of walking around from the front entrance? It looks like there is a path in one area, but it's hard to know if there are gates/fences etc.

Just looking at convenient ways to get to DL in the mornings. I will be running over from the conference halls to scan in before the meeting I am attending/or coming back from DL on days the conference starts a little later.

There is an entrance into downtown Disney right next to the convention area. Excuse the crudely drawn arrows, but the blue arrow indicates where you typically go through security to enter Downtown Disney. We’ve also been there when security and the entrance was moved to where the red arrow is, but that was super early in the morning in 2020 so I’m not sure if they are still doing that during early morning hours. The exit from Downtown Disney into GCH will always be at the blue arrow.

C4052034-2FD0-470E-8EAF-C1D2AE83F00E.jpeg

It is still H2O products! The shampoo is green, conditioner white, and body wash clear. Same Sea salt scent. I have a picture from the DLH this past weekend. I can't figure out how post pics here
That would be great! Is it the same scent as always or did they chnage it at all?

There is an entrance into downtown Disney right next to the convention area. Excuse the crudely drawn arrows, but the blue arrow indicates where you typically go through security to enter Downtown Disney. We’ve also been there when security and the entrance was moved to where the red arrow is, but that was super early in the morning in 2020 so I’m not sure if they are still doing that during early morning hours.

The entrance near Starbucks (where the red arrow is) was open for early entry most days a couple weeks back. It was raining one morning and they only had the blue arrow open that day.

There is an entrance into downtown Disney right next to the convention area. Excuse the crudely drawn arrows, but the blue arrow indicates where you typically go through security to enter Downtown Disney. We’ve also been there when security and the entrance was moved to where the red arrow is, but that was super early in the morning in 2020 so I’m not sure if they are still doing that during early morning hours. The exit from Downtown Disney into GCH will always be at the blue arrow.

View attachment 746034
When i was there in February, the red arrow was open for "no bags, no wheels" in the morning. It was a lifesaver as the blue line was LONG.

Well, our “one last trip” staying offsite before our Keys expired turned into staying in a Standard room at the Grand to now Club level all in one day today. That sure escalated quickly! But we’ve never done Club level before at the Grand. I always miss out on nighttime entertainment because I go back to the room with our toddler at around 7pm. I’m looking forward to tucking him into his stroller and watching the fireworks with a glass of wine on the Veranda. Yay!

When i was there in February, the red arrow was open for "no bags, no wheels" in the morning. It was a lifesaver as the blue line was LONG.
Never knew there was an entrance for the red arrow where the gates are usually locked. All the years we've been at GC/VGC too.

Is that only open for early entry+No bags? and queue starting along the conference center breezeway or within the courtyard itself?

Never knew there was an entrance for the red arrow where the gates are usually locked. All the years we've been at GC/VGC too.

Is that only open for early entry+No bags? and queue starting along the conference center breezeway or within the courtyard itself?
When I was there, the blue line was in the courtyard itself and stretched all the way to near the red arrow gate. Right around 7 am, the red line opened for no bag check/no strollers. This was the case for multiple days around Presidents day.

Later in the day, the red arrow gate was locked and only the blue arrow line was open.

Can someone please tell me how much to tip Mousekeeping?
We normally stay in DVC villas and don’t have any mouskeeping but this trip was short notice, so we are staying in the main section of the hotel. Being an Aussie, I have no clue when it comes to tipping the staff there.

When we were there last month, I saw several people eating at the tables in the lobby. And I believe I saw a menu. But I didn't investigate it so I wonder if that's what you're talking about?

Can someone please tell me how much to tip Mousekeeping?
We normally stay in DVC villas and don’t have any mouskeeping but this trip was short notice, so we are staying in the main section of the hotel. Being an Aussie, I have no clue when it comes to tipping the staff there.
We usually tip $5-10 per day, more on the days when we request something like blankets or more toiletries.

I have not heard of this, can you give us more info?

I'm looking for more info. Saw a post on Twitter of the menu, and the person was just sitting in a lobby chair with a drink. Read that it was an attempted to discourge lobby loitering. Wondering if you now need to order food or drinks to sit in parts of the lobby.

I'm looking for more info. Saw a post on Twitter of the menu, and the person was just sitting in a lobby chair with a drink. Read that it was an attempted to discourge lobby loitering. Wondering if you now need to order food or drinks to sit in parts of the lobby.
Who posted on twitter?trying to find it.

I like the idea of discouraging loitering by non-guests, but it seems like this method also negatively impacts those guests they're trying to please.

If this is what they're really doing, couldn't that possibly encourage more people to go there?

Yeah and non-guests can just as easily sit down an order food, I imagine. So not sure how that would even work.

I admit, I thought it was strange to see people sitting in the lobby eating food. It took me a few days to realize there was actually a menu. I thought people got food from somewhere nearby and just brought it in.

I wonder who takes your order/delivers the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter