Grand Californian Super Thread

So just how long does it take to get the the Veranda club from DCA or DL?

I've heard it's pretty easy to pop up to the club for a drink or snack and I'm trying to figure out how close it really is. If I'm in tomorrowland, say, it must be 15-20 minutes away? But if I'm in Avengers campus...maybe 10?

When we did club level at DLH there's no way I would have gone all the way back to the hotel just for lunch or dinner, but it seems a bit more realistic at the Grand.

We always miss the desserts because we're at the park, but I'd love to actually try that this time lol. My favorite part of club level is the easy breakfast.

So just how long does it take to get the the Veranda club from DCA or DL?

I've heard it's pretty easy to pop up to the club for a drink or snack and I'm trying to figure out how close it really is. If I'm in tomorrowland, say, it must be 15-20 minutes away? But if I'm in Avengers campus...maybe 10?

When we did club level at DLH there's no way I would have gone all the way back to the hotel just for lunch or dinner, but it seems a bit more realistic at the Grand.

We always miss the desserts because we're at the park, but I'd love to actually try that this time lol. My favorite part of club level is the easy breakfast.
The nice thing about the lounge is it is located right by the elevators. So really once you get back to the hotel there isn't much more walking. I found it very convenient, especially when at DCA. From DLR I would only go back to the lounge when heading back to the room for a nap, or when finished at the park for the night.

Apologies if this has been asked a lot, but I’m searching the archives and can’t find anything super recent, plus a lot of conflicting opinions, and my mind is spinning trying to visualize this…
For early entry into DCA from the Grand Californian, is it still recommended to use the main gates via downtown Disney as opposed to the hotel entrance by grizzly river? What is the advantage of going over to the main gates as opposed to just using the hotel’s gate directly into the park? What time do people start lining up for security at GCH?

Apologies if this has been asked a lot, but I’m searching the archives and can’t find anything super recent, plus a lot of conflicting opinions, and my mind is spinning trying to visualize this…
For early entry into DCA from the Grand Californian, is it still recommended to use the main gates via downtown Disney as opposed to the hotel entrance by grizzly river? What is the advantage of going over to the main gates as opposed to just using the hotel’s gate directly into the park? What time do people start lining up for security at GCH?
Pixar Pier gate is another option.

You're going to find varying opinions on this one, but for me, it depends on what rides are a priority and if I'm able to leave my room a little earlier.

If Guardians or Webslingers is my priority, I stick to the main entrance as they are closer once you enter the park. I line up around 6:30-6:40am at security at the GCH entrance to DTD, and I'm always at the front or close to the front of the DCA turnstiles.

When I have gone through the GCH entrance directly into DCA, it's usually because my EE priority was Soarin or Incredicoaster. I'm in line before 6:30am so I'm at the front of the line. If I get there at 6:30am or after, the line always seem way long, and it's been hit or miss on when they start letting us through and how organized the lines forming are - but I've heard others have great success.

Hope this helps!

For those that have visited recently, is Hearthstone still super busy with usually a line to be seated? When we stayed at GCH last year it was like this every time we tried to grab a drink (even earlier in the day)...it was kind of frustrating.

Our previous experiences were that we could just stroll in and select from our pick of seating (bar or the tables). That was pre COVID though, so I'm wondering if those days are gone. We really missed being able to get our break time cocktail before heading back to the room for a rest after rope dropping! I am hoping we just had bad luck last April (it was spring break season). We are planning on returning this August 😍

For those that have visited recently, is Hearthstone still super busy with usually a line to be seated? When we stayed at GCH last year it was like this every time we tried to grab a drink (even earlier in the day)...it was kind of frustrating.

Our previous experiences were that we could just stroll in and select from our pick of seating (bar or the tables). That was pre COVID though, so I'm wondering if those days are gone. We really missed being able to get our break time cocktail before heading back to the room for a rest after rope dropping! I am hoping we just had bad luck last April (it was spring break season). We are planning on returning this August 😍
They do seem to use the line system now, at least in the times I've been in the last year. They have you line up near the entrance from the lobby. I can't remember the exact setup but I think there is a side for to-go orders and next to it is another line for those waiting for a table. We did this 3-4 times and never had a very long wait.

We were there the beginning of this month for Adventureland Day and had no wait for a table for 3, though we did have to stand in the line (we were first) and wait for someone to seat us.

They do seem to use the line system now, at least in the times I've been in the last year. They have you line up near the entrance from the lobby. I can't remember the exact setup but I think there is a side for to-go orders and next to it is another line for those waiting for a table. We did this 3-4 times and never had a very long wait.

We were there the beginning of this month for Adventureland Day and had no wait for a table for 3, though we did have to stand in the line (we were first) and wait for someone to seat us.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully we can catch a quiet time like you experienced ☺️

This may have been answered already....but is it possible to get in and out of grand californian via the Pixar pier/corn dog castle entrance exit? I saw a TikTok of a guy walking from his DVC room to the park in his robe this way....but he had a dvc villa ground floor with sliding glass door.

This may have been answered already....but is it possible to get in and out of grand californian via the Pixar pier/corn dog castle entrance exit? I saw a TikTok of a guy walking from his DVC room to the park in his robe this way....but he had a dvc villa ground floor with sliding glass door.

Yes, this is the entrance we used to/from DCA the most - great way to come back with a corn dog to eat in the room :D There's an exit door on the ground floor of the DVC wing, you can use it to get back in through as well.

Yes, this is the entrance we used to/from DCA the most - great way to come back with a corn dog to eat in the room :D There's an exit door on the ground floor of the DVC wing, you can use it to get back in through as well.

Do you need a room key to get into that door?
Or do get into the park using that entrance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter