Grand Californian

I did online check-in on Sunday/Monday so when we got there they just verified the info and gave us our room keys. There wasn't a line on Thursday but Friday and Saturday there was a line back to about the fireplace in the lobby.

so you still have to go to the registration desk to check in and get room key cards? (As opposed to being able to directly open the room door with your phone after online check-in?) thanks, we will be there in a week and a day.

so you still have to go to the registration desk to check in and get room key cards? (As opposed to being able to directly open the room door with your phone after online check-in?) thanks, we will be there in a week and a day.
Correct, I don't think DLR has implemented room keys on the phone yet like at WDW has.

Correct, I don't think DLR has implemented room keys on the phone yet like at WDW has.

I wonder if DL intends to upgrade their technology? Last week at WDW it was nice to just receive a text message with our room number and go directly there. You had the option of using you magic band or phone to open the door. I love the magic bands.

I wonder if DL intends to upgrade their technology? Last week at WDW it was nice to just receive a text message with our room number and go directly there. You had the option of using you magic band or phone to open the door. I love the magic bands.
That was the one thing I did like about the magic bands.

It looks like the concierge lounge will be opening on 6/4. I have been checking periodically for an open room 6/4-6/6 and that level of rooms is now open for those dates but there’s no availability before that. I am not willing to pay $1,300+tax a night, but I am sure someone out there will.
Holy cow! That's more than my rate for the Fairytale Suite in DLH (which was Dec of 2020 so was canceled). The FTS includes concierge. I'll probably never be able to afford the FTS now :(

It looks like the concierge lounge will be opening on 6/4. I have been checking periodically for an open room 6/4-6/6 and that level of rooms is now open for those dates but there’s no availability before that. I am not willing to pay $1,300+tax a night, but I am sure someone out there will.
GCH might be opening CL?!!!

Edit- I’m ratcheting down my excitement. I’m recalling a few fake out incidents of this back in the early closure days…

Last edited:
Hi folks! Does anyone know when they start letting GCH guests past security and into the parks? I haven’t seen much data lately, trying to figure out what time to check in and drop off bags (original plan 7:45am).

Hi folks! Does anyone know when they start letting GCH guests past security and into the parks? I haven’t seen much data lately, trying to figure out what time to check in and drop off bags (original plan 7:45am).

I would also love to hear more details about how security works when exiting from GCH.

The DVC office is in the outdoor hallway just before entering the Villas section. There is usually someone standing just outside the door.

DLR/VGC has definitely NOT implemented phone keys. You still need to pick up a physical magnetic key.

P.S. DVC members should stop by the DVC office and pick up your gift package. 👍

Interesting...when you say "DVC office", is that the DVC desk on your way to the rooms (inside the lobby atrium)?

UPDATE : Oops, I see a description in a previous post...I wish you could delete messages on DISBoards, I would delete mine here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter