Grand Californian

When the pool fills, do they take a waiting list? Any idea what capacity they are limiting the pool to? Curious if they'll allow greater numbers at pool after June 15 (we go June 20)

When the pool fills, do they take a waiting list? Any idea what capacity they are limiting the pool to? Curious if they'll allow greater numbers at pool after June 15 (we go June 20)
I just asked on the way out and she said there’s a waitlist and you’ll get a text when there’s a space for you. I’m not sure the number but we went in around noon and I’d say there were 12-15 groups of chairs open, many without umbrellas. It filled around 1:30. There were a fair number of people with preschoolers who left between 12-1ish.

Thanks for all the info on the pools filling up early afternoon.

So the lifeguards are managing pool capacity; correct? Does that mean there is no "towel saving" happening in the morning? :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the info on the pools filling up early afternoon.

So the lifeguards are managing pool capacity; correct? Does that mean there is no "towel saving" happening in the morning? :thumbsup2
Very little to none. They asked me if we actually needed 4 chairs, we took 2 (which is what we normally do). A family behind us set towels down and left right away to get food at Craftsman and returned 20 min later (presumably the wait for the food, it was mine). So other than very light saving, I’d say it was well managed. I will say, they said one party per hot tub and this was not the case at all. But, I also didn’t see anyone move furniture which they asked us not to do as well. They explained pretty well that this was our spot. They didnt ask us which location we’d like to be in but did mention the main pool area near the slide was full. I’d imagine you could choose of choices were to be had. But we had good seats with an umbrella and a table. We we’re happy with where we were placed.

Very little to none. They asked me if we actually needed 4 chairs, we took 2 (which is what we normally do). A family behind us set towels down and left right away to get food at Craftsman and returned 20 min later (presumably the wait for the food, it was mine). So other than very light saving, I’d say it was well managed. I will say, they said one party per hot tub and this was not the case at all. But, I also didn’t see anyone move furniture which they asked us not to do as well. They explained pretty well that this was our spot. They didnt ask us which location we’d like to be in but did mention the main pool area near the slide was full. I’d imagine you could choose of choices were to be had. But we had good seats with an umbrella and a table. We we’re happy with where we were placed.

Do they still have the actual tables by the pool, or just lounge chairs? Our family prefers a table.

The many times I've visited WDW, I always enjoyed visiting different Disney hotels and checking out all the different theming that each offered. We love walking around the lobbies, the many different themed pool layouts, restaurants and gift shops. I've visited every Disney Resort at WDW and was curious about the DLR hotels.

The day we arrive (late afternoon) we're going to explore Downtown Disney and visit the many shops. Before heading out to walk through Downtown Disney from our hotel on Harbor, we'd love to stop by first and explore the Grand Californian. Just made a 7pm dinner reservation at Craftsman Bar and Grill.

I know currently the Grand Californian is only allowing hotel guests in that show their room key. Will we be allowed in if I show them our dinner reservation at Craftsman Bar and Grill? Figured I'd be a good way to get a good meal and we can burn it off a bit by walking around and touring the Grand California afterward and then walking around in Downtown Disney.

Has anyone used the entrance to DCA prior to park opening? I am wondering if they hold people at that entrance until 9am or let them in early like at the front gate...

I am honestly shocked 6/4 is still ago for club opening but I hope it happens and we hear back! This would make Grand CA the first disney hotel in all of the US to offer club services! (It appears Grand Floridian is getting ready but it’s not bookable, no announcements.)

Club Level at GCH is a go for tomorrow! Disney has notified TAs, should hit blogosphere soon. Only details so far are CL guests get access to The Veranda which has refreshments throughout the day and a dedicated concierge desk. Current bookings can be modified/upgraded to club level.

(CA for the win btw... WDW won't see it's first CL re-open until 9/16.)

Club Level at GCH is a go for tomorrow! Disney has notified TAs, should hit blogosphere soon. Only details so far are CL guests get access to The Veranda which has refreshments throughout the day and a dedicated concierge desk. Current bookings can be modified/upgraded to club level.

(CA for the win btw... WDW won't see it's first CL re-open until 9/16.)

Yay! I might upgrade at check-in tomorrow... We will see.

I just read thru the recent posts and am still confused (probably am missing something). To confirm, as of today, you can't enter DCA directly from the hotel - only exit from it, right? For park entrance, you're directed to the main esplanade ... but there is a hotel guest line?

I just read thru the recent posts and am still confused (probably am missing something). To confirm, as of today, you can't enter DCA directly from the hotel - only exit from it, right? For park entrance, you're directed to the main esplanade ... but there is a hotel guest line?

You can now enter DCA directly from the hotel. We did so today. They let you in through that entrance at the same time they open the front gates. We entered at 8:10am this morning and were able to go on Incredicoaster 3 times and Toy Story, Silly Symphony, and Emotional Whirlwind all as walk-on rides before the park officially opened at 9am.

No, the entrance to DCA is open for hotel guests. People on a FB group I'm on reported that people start lining up at 7:15am, and they open the entry at 8am.

You can now enter DCA directly from the hotel. We did so today. They let you in through that entrance at the same time they open the front gates. We entered at 8:10am this morning and were able to go on Incredicoaster 3 times and Toy Story, Silly Symphony, and Emotional Whirlwind all as walk-on rides before the park officially opened at 9am.

Excited to hear that they let you in early through the private entrance. What time did you head down there? Was there a long line?

This is fanastic news. This is one of the key benefits of staying at the Grand, IMO. :)

Excited to hear that they let you in early through the private entrance. What time did you head down there? Was there a long line?

We got to Craftsman Grill around 7:30 and it took about ten minutes to order and then another 5-10 minutes to receive our food. We got in line at around 8 and were in by 8:10. They don’t seem to let the line back up much past Storytellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter