Grand Californian

I've been waiting since 8am and it still says over an hour! I'm excited to see others get through. It gives me hope!

Very excited just got GCH online took over an hour but got it. Not excited about the price but happy to be back. My reservation is for August and I am out of state so hopefully I can get in the park but if not will enjoy the hotel.
Congrats! Fingers crossed you can enjoy the park too!!

Last edited:
Done! I still have over an hour on my phone and a few minutes on my laptop, but I tried to transfer to my desktop and I lost it! My iPad once again came through first (it came through first on the 12th for park reservations as well. I was hoping for a suite as there are three adults and my special needs son does not like being in the same room with us (LOL!), but they didn't have any available.

My dates for June 1-4 (3 nights) had the following prices for 3 adults:
Standard View $756
Woods-Courtyard $782
Deluxe Partial View (the one we went for) $840
Downtown Disney View $882
Premium View (not available!)

My total for the three nights with all the taxes was an absolutely obscene $2948.40 OUCH.

Can we all cross our fingers that my waitlist for VGC comes though? Please?

I had to put $982 down for a deposit with a 5 day cancellation. NOTE that to make reservations you have to declare that you are a California Resident, which I am.

Oh no! I didn't think you had to be a California resident to make reservations at the hotel. I'm not going until November and was hoping they'd be letting out of staters in by then.

Oh no! I didn't think you had to be a California resident to make reservations at the hotel. I'm not going until November and was hoping they'd be letting out of staters in by then.
I should have taken a screen shot as I checked out, but just like the tickets you have to attest that you and all the people in the room are CA residents.

I booked the hotel with tickets, but it is still making me wait in a queue for reservations. I have been in a queue since 6:45 this morning.

Done! I still have over an hour on my phone and a few minutes on my laptop, but I tried to transfer to my desktop and I lost it! My iPad once again came through first (it came through first on the 12th for park reservations as well. I was hoping for a suite as there are three adults and my special needs son does not like being in the same room with us (LOL!), but they didn't have any available.

My dates for June 1-4 (3 nights) had the following prices for 3 adults:
Standard View $756
Woods-Courtyard $782
Deluxe Partial View (the one we went for) $840
Downtown Disney View $882
Premium View (not available!)

My total for the three nights with all the taxes was an absolutely obscene $2948.40 OUCH.

Can we all cross our fingers that my waitlist for VGC comes though? Please?

I had to put $982 down for a deposit with a 5 day cancellation. NOTE that to make reservations you have to declare that you are a California Resident, which I am.
Thanks so much for posting. I will leave the queue now as those prices as way to rich for my blood lol.
Have a wonderful time and I will cross my fingers you get your VGC!!

I should have taken a screen shot as I checked out, but just like the tickets you have to attest that you and all the people in the room are CA residents.

My reservation was made over the phone and they verified my address. Didn't say anything about CA residency, but kind of obvi with my zip code. : )

Speaking of improvements we wish the website would make... wouldn't it be nice if there was a notice that was like "still not done with your reservation? click this button to extend your time by 5 minutes" instead of hitting a blank screen then making you go back to the start of the line...

I was able to book Labor Day Weekend in about an hour....We have a far less pricy reservation at the Trop as a back-up, but wanted this one just in case the "hotel guest" button on the reservation page actually means something when the dates are released. We had to cancel our June DVC room as it was before the possibly "magic" June 15th date when CA is supposed to re-open. We didn't want to sit at the hotel and look longingly into the parks as we wear the mark of shame (AZ).
Mike

I tried to book GCH for three nights this morning and it would only give me the ticket option of doing 2 day park hoppers (or no ticket). I increased to four nights and then I had all the multi-day options. Just curious why it wouldn't let me do 3 day tickets like I wanted. I book four nights, but can't really afford that (going to probably cancel).

Yikes was going to do GCH but now seeing that it is $850/night... that is tough to justify with shortened hours and no EMH... I still might do it though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter