Grand Floridian online check-in room request

moreisgood

Falling in love
Has anyone out there tried to check-in on line yet?

We're staying in a 2 BR lake-view in November, and our online check-in window is opening soon. I'm wondering what the room request options are, and what I should request.

For a better chance of making the correct request you should make your request with MS, not online.

:earsboy: Bill

I can't read your mind, :goodvibes what do you want?

Crystal ball broken today? Have the Gilligan's Island sunflower seeds all run out??? :rotfl:

I thought you might speculate on what may be good at GFV, since you seem to have seen more of the plans than most people.

With a Lake View - would a high floor be good? Thoughts on the elevator locations vs. room locations? Stuff like that.

Crystal ball broken today? Have the Gilligan's Island sunflower seeds all run out??? :rotfl:

I thought you might speculate on what may be good at GFV, since you seem to have seen more of the plans than most people.

With a Lake View - would a high floor be good? Thoughts on the elevator locations vs. room locations? Stuff like that.

IMO high floor is always good for views. VGF is really a small building with the elevators at the top of the "T". The left side of the T is lake view. The top and right side are standard views. The bottom of the T is Grand Villas.

My guess is that it's less than a 5 minute walk from the lobby to the farthest room. There are only 10 rooms down the length from one end of the building to the other.

IMO high floor is always good for views. VGF is really a small building with the elevators at the top of the "T". The left side of the T is lake view. The top and right side are standard views. The bottom of the T is Grand Villas.

My guess is that it's less than a 5 minute walk from the lobby to the farthest room. There are only 10 rooms down the length from one end of the building to the other.

Thank you! That gives me a much better idea of what to expect. So, other than high floor, it doesn't sound like there's a big different in location of the rooms.

Thank you! That gives me a much better idea of what to expect. So, other than high floor, it doesn't sound like there's a big different in location of the rooms.

The lake views are pretty clear on what you will see, the standard views, not so much. Until the construction is completed and resort occupied, the sight lines for the standard view rooms are hard to guess.

I don't think that you will be able to see the MK, if you could, there would be an MK view. :goodvibes

The lake views are pretty clear on what you will see, the standard views, not so much. Until the construction is completed and resort occupied, the sight lines for the standard view rooms are hard to guess.

I don't think that you will be able to see the MK, if you could, there would be an MK view. :goodvibes

Doesn't Disney clarify a MK view as an unobstructed view of MK, not neccessarily a "side shot" from the balcony? I am also staying at VGF 2 br lake view in November and I am wondering if the top floors will have a "glimpse" of the castle. Not a deal breaker, just curious. Thanks! :wave2:

Doesn't Disney clarify a MK view as an unobstructed view of MK, not neccessarily a "side shot" from the balcony? I am also staying at VGF 2 br lake view in November and I am wondering if the top floors will have a "glimpse" of the castle. Not a deal breaker, just curious. Thanks! :wave2:

Disney IMO has always taken advantage of the views. At several resorts we have had to be on the balcony looking through trees to see a water view.

The VGF lake views do not face towards the MK, they face away from it towards the wedding area and the Poly resort.

No, Disney has never qualified what is meant by a specific view category. As an example: Space Mountain and Splash Mountain are part of the Magic Kingdom. If you can see the tops of either of those attractions, does it qualify as an MK view?

I think there will be villas at VGF from which you'll be able to see the fireworks at MK. I very much doubt that there will be any views that will include Cinderella's Castle.

I just booked a studio lake view and asked for a room near the laundry facility. The CM told me the laundry will be on the first floor only. That could totally compromise my lake view. I decided to wait and see what people say about the resort once they start staying there and then make my request afterward. We're not going until April, so I've got time.

I just booked a studio lake view and asked for a room near the laundry facility. The CM told me the laundry will be on the first floor only. That could totally compromise my lake view. I decided to wait and see what people say about the resort once they start staying there and then make my request afterward. We're not going until April, so I've got time.

Don't understand, how does the laundry on the first floor compromise your view?

Don't understand, how does the laundry on the first floor compromise your view?

If I request being near the laundry room, I'd likely be assigned a room on the first floor. Perhaps compromise may not be the right word -- my assumption is the view would be nicer from a higher floor. It's really my own personal preference. I'd much rather be on a higher floor.

If I request being near the laundry room, I'd likely be assigned a room on the first floor. Perhaps compromise may not be the right word -- my assumption is the view would be nicer from a higher floor. It's really my own personal preference. I'd much rather be on a higher floor.

My guess is that the laundry will be close to the elevators so being on an upper floor would still be an easy walk to the laundry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter