Grand Floridian or Disney Wish

Grand Floridian or Disney Wish after CBR

• Grand Floridan

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Disney Wish

Votes: 29 93.5%

• Total voters
Do you want more of the same or mix and match? More resort time makes sense, and would be less of a 'hassle' transferring. If you're looking to really maximize different experiences on this trip, then do the Wish. You get resort time and cruise time, and while there is more to going from WDW to the Wish, if you use DCL transportation it's pretty nice.

Personally, I would vote cruise because I love cruising and after that much time at the resorts I think I'd be ready for something different. But it depends on what you're looking for.

I agree with other suggestions of considering a few less days at resorts and a slightly longer cruise. 3 nights are nice, but they can feel rushed. Since you have so much time to 'play' with it might be worth it (but again, depends on what your goal is/what you're looking for . . .)

Also are you aware that CBR standard rooms are excluded from the dining promo?

is that the uk promo. I think I seen somewhere uk guests were able to book standard rooms for this years booking at CBR 🤷‍♂. Could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

If your heart is this set on GF that you are considering paying the insane cash rates, I would consider renting DVC points for a couple nights, preferably the nights that overlap with the late hours on Monday and Weds. It isn't hard to book GF DVC anymore with the new building.

Then you can do both.

Do you want more of the same or mix and match? More resort time makes sense, and would be less of a 'hassle' transferring. If you're looking to really maximize different experiences on this trip, then do the Wish. You get resort time and cruise time, and while there is more to going from WDW to the Wish, if you use DCL transportation it's pretty nice.

Personally, I would vote cruise because I love cruising and after that much time at the resorts I think I'd be ready for something different. But it depends on what you're looking for.

I agree with other suggestions of considering a few less days at resorts and a slightly longer cruise. 3 nights are nice, but they can feel rushed. Since you have so much time to 'play' with it might be worth it (but again, depends on what your goal is/what you're looking for . . .)
So I was planning in doing the 4 night however if I do it at the start it falls on thanksgiving and if I do the 4 night at the end it’s going to work out a week before Xmas pricing. (Based on this years pricing anyway. It’s a lot more and it’s the same weeks next year I would be looking at ) So the extra night would work out a lot lot more.

i don’t want to do it in the middle ill lose dining credit

so it really needs to be the three night I think. We definitely want two weeks in the parks as we have 14 day tickets regardless and I no the girls will love it. Based on how much they already enjoyed it at 13 months.

I’m think three night Disney wish might be best and they can use the kids clubs which I forgot so gives us some adult time too

If the kids are potty trained I would do the cruise, since they have to be fully potty trained for the kids clubs otherwise you have to worry about booking nursery time (I've read can be difficult on Wish?) and paying for it. If they aren't I would do the resort days.

The Grand has a really nice splash area, so I think either way you would have a nice time.

Also, I would consider starting with the cruise since I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the parks on Thanksgiving.

Go on the cruise, especially since you already have 15 days at WDW. All of the Disney ships are great. The complainers are really just nit picking what they like and don't like. I liked the Wish and had just as great of a cruise on it as I have on the others.

If you are choosing the cruise so you can utilize the kids' clubs and have some adult time, I would do it. Just know the Wish will be far more crowded and hectic than GF. You explained why you can't do the 4-night, but, IMHO, 3 nights on a cruise is just not worth the effort of driving all the way to PC and acclimating to a new environment. I've stayed at GF multiple times and went on the Wish last year - I just found the ship to be really chaotic and not relaxing at all.

If the kids are potty trained I would do the cruise, since they have to be fully potty trained for the kids clubs otherwise you have to worry about booking nursery time (I've read can be difficult on Wish?) and paying for it. If they aren't I would do the resort days.

The Grand has a really nice splash area, so I think either way you would have a nice time.

Also, I would consider starting with the cruise since I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the parks on Thanksgiving.
Yeah I thought the same. So think we would fly on thanksgiving, sea world the following day and then disney

I have to agree with several others on here and say cut some of the days in the park and use to do 7 nights on a Disney cruise instead. 15 days in WDW is a long time. A 7 day cruise will be packed with so many activities for all of you, but still relaxing and a great way to wrap up your vacation.

It's a no-brainer for me as cruises are not really my thing and I'd take a trip to WDW every single time over a Caribbean cruise unless it's someplace I really want to see. I may be interested in Cozumel someday because of its history. I also love GF and particularly the villa rooms. I've taken maybe 7-8 cruises in my life and I'm planning one to AK next year but it's more of a way of getting there and an itinerary rather than the idea of cruising itself. Of course, I'm an older adult without children so my situation is also a bit different.

I have to agree with several others on here and say cut some of the days in the park and use to do 7 nights on a Disney cruise instead. 15 days in WDW is a long time. A 7 day cruise will be packed with so many activities for all of you, but still relaxing and a great way to wrap up your vacation.

yeah we did think of that but 15 days isn’t that much for us as we want pool days and plan other non Disney parks to. I no a lot of brits that go to the parks for three weeks

we Have done the fantasy too and it did appeal to try out the Wish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter