Grand Floridian

Mellymoo

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at the GF DVC side yes. Myself and my DH purchased into GF last year but haven't stayed yet!

Lots of us have - owners and non-owners. There's a smattering of threads reporting on stays and the owners thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

I was checking this board to see if other people were having problems making reservations. From the minute my contract was completed, I tried to make reservations and there is NEVER availability. None, zero.

I'm lodging a formal complaint with the DVC. They either need to release more rooms or provide an option to cancel the contract.

I was checking this board to see if other people were having problems making reservations. From the minute my contract was completed, I tried to make reservations and there is NEVER availability. None, zero.

I'm lodging a formal complaint with the DVC. They either need to release more rooms or provide an option to cancel the contract.

How far ahead are you trying to book? I was able to get a studio for May at 7 months.

Rooms are declared to DVC as points are sold, from what I've read it's about 75% declared now. It's a small resort, I think availability will always be an issue, especially under 7 months.

We are new GF DVC owners as of last month. We were able to book an early December 2 bedroom from tues-sun, but had to waitlist sat-sun-mon nights. The 7 month window is approaching, and I'm hoping that our waitlist opens up, otherwise we might have to spend the first few nights at Saratoga.
It'll always be tough, I'm told, because it's the smallest DVC resort on the property (??).

We bought the first week it was offered for sale. Then tried to book for the week after the grand opening. Nothing, completely booked (and scratching our heads at how that was possible, only to be told they planned a "limited release" of rooms). Our son tried again for October. Nothing. We tried for December. Nothing. We tried for February. Nothing. I just tried for May. Nothing. Had I know it was going to be so "limited" I honestly would not have purchased there.

We had no problem booking at 7 month window for July. My guess is you are not booking far enough in advance

We had no problem booking at 7 month window.

What the CM told me was that a lot of "wishfull" booking occurs. People will book at their 11 month window at their home resort so they have a place to stay. Then when the 7 month rolls around they rebook at where they really want to stay. This is what opens up rooms at the 7 month mark. It sounds plausible to me, and I'm banking on it so we get our full stay at GF!

We bought the first week it was offered for sale. Then tried to book for the week after the grand opening. Nothing, completely booked (and scratching our heads at how that was possible, only to be told they planned a "limited release" of rooms). Our son tried again for October. Nothing. We tried for December. Nothing. We tried for February. Nothing. I just tried for May. Nothing. Had I know it was going to be so "limited" I honestly would not have purchased there.

You're trying to book a May stay in April? Do you know how the system works?

You can book almost guaranteed 11 months out on your home resort. At one month out, it will almost be impossible except for the larger resorts (SSR and AKV) and even for those it will be for short stays

I booked at the 7 month window for September 20-28 for a dedicated 2 bedroom. Are you looking for holiday weeks? I own at SSR, which I love, but want to try GFVs. Hope you start having some better luck! :thumbsup2

1-2 months out is "last minute" in DVC. Just getting a contiguous stay in some resort at that point often requires playing the "stalking the website" game (checking multiple times a day) and possibly calling daily for Ms to check....and you likely won't get the complete block at once, instead you keep adding day-by-day until you get everything.

Expensive mistake... book now for next March, not this May.

You might want to do some reading on the boards around here. I'm not sure you made a fully informed purchase. I doubt there is anything you can do about it at this point because it is not DVC's fault, but you may gain a better understanding on how to use your membership to its fullest.

What the CM told me was that a lot of "wishfull" booking occurs. People will book at their 11 month window at their home resort so they have a place to stay. Then when the 7 month rolls around they rebook at where they really want to stay. This is what opens up rooms at the 7 month mark. It sounds plausible to me, and I'm banking on it so we get our full stay at GF!

This makes sense... We own at BLT and booked 3 weeks at the 11 month window.

At 7 months we swapped out 2 weeks, one to VGF and the other to AKV.

We love BLT, but fancied a change.

This makes sense... We own at BLT and booked 3 weeks at the 11 month window.

At 7 months we swapped out 2 weeks, one to VGF and the other to AKV.

We love BLT, but fancied a change.

That's what I'll be doing at the 7month window for the first 3 nights...seeing if we can book at BLT, LOL! We love both places.

We have 2 stays coming up...one from a 7 month waitlist for later this month, and one book at 11 months for December!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter