• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Great DVC Buyer's Resource - Field Guide Book

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
I just started reading this ebook which another Disboarder mentioned ... which I think would be super helpful for anyone considering buying DVC. To be clear, I am sure most, if not everything in the book, is available somewhere online but this would have saved me hours and hours of searching for information! It has links inside the book to make it easy to use, and some very cool photos of resorts that helped me visualize layouts better. It's 700 pages so a bit like drinking from a firehose instead of a faucet - but with the links built in, I could just find something of interest and click on it, rather than read the book cover to cover. I'm not affiliated with this book or author. Just found it helpful.

https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/dvc-field-guide $13

I just started reading this ebook which another Disboarder mentioned ... which I think would be super helpful for anyone considering buying DVC. To be clear, I am sure most, if not everything in the book, is available somewhere online but this would have saved me hours and hours of searching for information! It has links inside the book to make it easy to use, and some very cool photos of resorts that helped me visualize layouts better. It's 700 pages so a bit like drinking from a firehose instead of a faucet - but with the links built in, I could just find something of interest and click on it, rather than read the book cover to cover. I'm not affiliated with this book or author. Just found it helpful.

https://www.dvcfieldguide.com/dvc-field-guide $13

I'm looking into the Grand Californian and I know that in many ways, it's a completely different ballgame than the WDW resorts. Do you think this would still be helpful for me? Did you find it was best to read it on a computer, phone, tablet? I wonder if it would work on my kindle paperwhite.

I think the author/website owner posts on here. I know they’re on Reddit and a couple of the DVC FB groups. The availability charts on the site are better than the ones that used to float around here.

I'm looking into the Grand Californian and I know that in many ways, it's a completely different ballgame than the WDW resorts. Do you think this would still be helpful for me? Did you find it was best to read it on a computer, phone, tablet? I wonder if it would work on my kindle paperwhite.
Yes, it's DVC purchase and use focused - not just the WDW locations. Covers every DVC resort with the same info - although probably needs a better diagram for Grand Calif. (updated in the New version! and new Disneyland Hotel DVC added!) I think it is still helpful for general info. I read it on my computer (that's where I happened to download it). File is a pdf, but huge, too large to email? So might be good to download where you want it unless you have an easy way to transfer files.

Last edited:
New version came out in the last few days - includes Disneyland Hotel info. I swear I am not related to this author but I LOVE these Guides! (P.S. They even updated the map for Grand Californian - so helpful).

Since the 2024 update is out, how often do people feel they need to get an updated version?

I know it's not that much, but I kind of wish there was a discount for previous purchasers.

Since the 2024 update is out, how often do people feel they need to get an updated version?

I know it's not that much, but I kind of wish there was a discount for previous purchasers.
I got a newer version when Disneyland Hotel was added, the author seems to keep it really up to date - which I find worth buying at least once a year vs outdated info I find online (or from well meaning, but entirely wrong lol, people on FB for example). I think it's updated 2x a year, I'd recommend getting a new version if you're buying more points (helps with decisions), or thinking of booking a trip at alternate resorts - just the diagrams have helped me sooo many times. I put it on my Ipad this time - great reading before bed instead of scrolling Instagram lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter