Great Luggage Tip

TIGGER36027

Earning My Ears
I am sure Im late with this idea, but I will share it anyway.

When you pack your suitcase, put a couple of sheets of Snuggle or Bounce fabric softener sheets in there. It makes your clothes smell so good and not all "luggagey" :)

Got any more?

;)

We like to take things like a can opener, paring knife, corkscrew and such cause we always take snacks and treats to keep in the room. I've tried packing them in ziplock bags before but the bag didn't hold up too well. This trip I came up with the idea to pack them in my DS's old plastic lunchbox - hopefully that will work much better. Also thought of some other uses for old lunchboxes such as a first aid kit, travel case for art supplies for the car ride or for those action figures that we just can't leave home without, kid's toiletries case or a carryall for a Gameboy and all the games, trading cables, etc.

Anyone else?
:)

Good idea about the old plastic lunchboxes. I bet those would be great to put all my film and camcorder supplies in and then put them in the suitcase to eliminate carrying so many pieces of luggage. HHHHHmmmmmmm...

Thank you crusoe2:pinkbounc

I put all of my smaller items (film, socks and other smaller pieces of clothing, etc.) in to a ziplock baggie. It takes up less room in the suitcase, so that you can fit more. Work this in reverse when you return; put all of your dirty laundry in the dirty laundry bag from your WDW resort, and use the baggies for small souviners you've collected on your trip.

Who's next?

This has been posted before, but bears repeating:
Make sure you have your name and destination address INSIDE your suitcase too.
Just in case tags are ripped off on the outside, the airline will know where to contact you. So if you are headng to Disney, put your name and phone showing where you will be staying -- inside and outside of your luggage.
Just a precautionary measure.:)

If just two of you are travelling, (say DW and DH) pack half of your clothes in each suitcase. That way if your luggage goes missing, you still have clean clothes and underwear to get you through a few days, til you can wash or your luggage is recovered.

Tig

Like the idea of the Bounce sheets - never would've thought of this one.

Great Pigby! Im glad you can use that tip!

Also, if you take a hanging bag with you, chunk a few in there....makes it smell good in there too!!!

I prefer Snuggle over Bounce...smells better. But that is just MHO. :)

9 DAYS TO GOOOOOO!!!!!!

Luv2Roam - you are so right about putting your address on the inside of your luggage. Also another tip is to also put an address tag on any carry-on luggage, backpacks, jackets, etc. that you may carry on board. I worked for an airline and one of our biggest problems was bags, backpacks, sweaters, etc., that were left behind. We would usually take note of the seat where it was found and try to track the passenger that way but as we all know, bags and other items stored above a particular seat does not always mean that it belongs to the person sitting in that seat. Also, I suggest that you not pack keys in your checked luggage - it it happens to get lost you might be locked out!

Another tip (not really luggage related) is to bring those tablets of laundry detergent with you. It's always cheaper to bring laundry detergent with you but liquids and powders can be messy. I recently took a short trip to Tampa and brought those along. They worked out great - they don't take up much room and they don't leak! Between my laundry tablets and the great tip on the dryer sheets, I'll be all set!

This is not entirely a luggage tip, BUT a keep the magic tip.

I read a post about this about a year or so ago, and thought it was good to remember.

Buy a new shampoo, lotion, or something with a fragrance that you don't normally buy. Use it on your trip in WDW, then when you get back home, switch back to your regular stuff. Then when your feeling that WDW blues/withdrawls, get it back out for a quick pick you up. One suggestion was Fantastic Sam's hair care products if you don't normally use them. It smells like coconuts and our sense of smell can trigger happy memories.
Gerri
roflmao.gif

Luv2Roam - Your idea about putting your contact info. <i>inside</i> your luggage too is a great idea! I didn't waste anytime and printed something out to put inside my suitcase. You never know what will happen and it's better to be safe than sorry! Thanx~

Beverly Lynn gave us that 'address in the luggage' tip last year. She worked for US Air. During the last Christmas season she had several HUNDREDS of pieces of luggage she could not match up with passengers because no ID was INSIDE. She suggested travelers put the address inside showing wherever your destination was.
For example, don't have your home address when you are going to WDW. Because of course they would try to contact you at your home. So on the way to WDW, I had papers showing the phone number/address/stay dates for the resort we stayed at.

also be sure to put a copy of your tickets in your luggage. That way if you lose the originals, this copy will help WDW replace them quicker. (not my idea, someone else posted idea)

This isn't always feasible, but I used to have a matching luggage set where the slightly smaller bag fit into the larger one. We packed the smaller one full of our clothes (short trip, 6 nights) and put the entire bag into the empty bigger bag. Then we had an entire bag free for souvenirs!

We always roll our clothes (rather than folding) to prevent wrinkling when the luggage shifts. When we buy breakable souvenirs, we roll shirts or whatever around them, or if it's small and wrapped with tissue, stuff it into our shoes.

Other tips borrowed from friends on on this board:
* If you're bringing something prone to wrinkling, try putting a piece of tissue paper on it before folding or rolling. It might help ease the wrinkles.
* For kids (or even adults), put daily outfits into their own large ziploc bag, then you can just pull one bag out at a time without fussing.

I've used the ziplock trick for the past several vacations! It works great. You can put a shirt, shorts, unders, socks, hair thingys (if you have a girl) - anything in there and they just pull out which bag they want for the day! The plastic lets things slide easilly and the clothes don't wrinkle or end up a mess if what they want is not "on top"! Ziplock also makes a 2 gal size bag which is great for adults!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter