Great MLK Weekend, but brought back Norovirus

sdprice

Earning My Ears
Just got back from an MLK weekend stay at AKV (Kidani). Loved the Savanna View room and morning coffee with the giraffes, zebras, and Crowned Cranes. CMs there was wonderful.

We enjoyed resort hopping and looking at the newest DVC add-ons to the Polynesian resort.

Spent one day in the parks.

This was our first family trip using the FP+ and we made it work despite setting all of our reservations for the Mountains at MK in the afternoon with a rope drop visit to AK. Walked on to Everest which the kids rode back-to-back then a walk on at the Safari. Lions were up and moving! Walked in at the Finding Nemo show and rode the train to Rafiki's Planet watch, a first for us.

Walked on each of the Mountains at MK with the FP+ and 5 min wait for the Haunted Mansion. Made on-the-fly reservations for the Plaza Restaurant in perfect time to watch the Celebrate the Magic show from our table.

Until I started feeling queasy.

Barely made it back to Kidani before I lost dinner, lunch, breakfast, dinner the night before, last Tuesday's lunch and a little pocket lint. A truly magical experience.

DW drove us back home the next day while I convalesced in the passenger seat.

DS got sick at school yesterday and DD just started her Primeval Whirl. With the exception of a misguided trip on the Teacups, none of us has ever been sick at WDW in many, many trips.

Y'all be careful out there; Noro is alive and well at WDW and is looking for friends.

Weather: Friday and Saturday couldn't have been better. Sunday was windy and cool for Southerners, but bearable. Hardy Pittsburg Steeler fans seemed comfortable in their jerseys and shorts.

Crowds: Mid-level, maybe a bit more than a Labor Day weekend. Did notice several groups of Brazilian teenagers and roving bands of cheerleaders keeping it happy, happy, happy.

Hits: CMs going out of their way giving my visually impaired DD seating and parents allowing her to pass with her cane, walk-ons at Everest and Safari, cooking and relaxing in our DVC villa. The hearing impaired system the resort provided for my hearing impaired DS (great system, thumbs up WDW).

Misses: A few groups of teens oblivious to my daughter's white cane and the Dole Whip I didn't get at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter