• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln..what's going with the long refurb?

joseph821

DIS Veteran
Hi.

Lincoln on Main Street is currently closed from April 16th through June 4th (today's last date available on DL website/app.)
Does anyone know what is going with Lincoln?? Lincoln had a major refurb during the Covid closure.

Here is Lincoln refurb history:

• April 16, 2024 to the future
  • Jan 9-25, 2023
  • Mar 14, 2020-Jul 1, 2021
  • May 28, 2019
  • Apr 15-18, 2019
  • Aug 22-Sep 29, 2016
  • Mar 7-Apr 1, 2016
  • Apr 15-May 2, 2013
My last trip during August 2023, the theater was in great condition. I know Lincoln is not a big attraction but it was one of Walt Disney's favorites. I hope they are not messing with it.

My Only guess is to save money

Now, it would be kinda cool if they gave us an update for the attraction but....doubt it

My only suggestion is to maybe run the version from the 90's every now and then with 3D sound to draw in more people but I agree its pretty great as is and not much besides maybe the AA walking around they could do with this attraction

Now, it would be kinda cool if they gave us an update for the attraction but....doubt it

My only suggestion is to maybe run the version from the 90's every now and then with 3D sound to draw in more people but I agree its pretty great as is and not much besides maybe the AA walking around they could do with this attraction
The money savings could be -- but it would be minimal. Only one cast member works Lincoln and that cast member also works the Disney Gallery too. The Disney Gallery is NOT closed so I do not know what is going on.

I remember this! Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I specifically recall a part where it seemed like someone's hair was getting cut? I don't think it was Lincoln. I'll have to look that up unless someone here remembers specifics.

I remember this! Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I specifically recall a part where it seemed like someone's hair was getting cut? I don't think it was Lincoln. I'll have to look that up unless someone here remembers specifics.
Yep

I did it as a kid, I know its not as interesting as new version for many....but the gimmick could bring more people and freshen up the attraction and maybe draw in more people

Yep

I did it as a kid, I know its not as interesting as new version for many....but the gimmick could bring more people and freshen up the attraction and maybe draw in more people
Just spoke with my friend, who is an expert on Lincoln, he said that version was in the 90s, guests wore headsets and heard a Confederate solider Matthew Brady getting his hair cut in preparation to meet President Lincoln. There would a different set..Lincoln sitting behind a desk. Royal Dano was not the voice.

Just spoke with my friend, who is an expert on Lincoln, he said that version was in the 90s, guests wore headsets and heard a Confederate solider Matthew Brady getting his hair cut in preparation to meet President Lincoln. There would a different set..Lincoln sitting behind a desk. Royal Dano was not the voice.
What I would see is a mix, where they do the 3D audio because its fun then end with the Lincoln speech we have now

Then have the normal version we have now as an option as well....I think the 3D Audio could draw in people...its fun. I remember thinking it really sounded like your hair was getting cut

I remember the 3D sound too, was very unique at the time-

https://d23.com/a-to-z/great-moments-with-mr-lincoln/

1713909176825.png

We went to the show with the headphones when my youngest was 4 or 5 and when we came out of theater the cast member complimented my daughter on her haircut. She gasped and her hands flew up to feel her hair. We all burst out laughing.
Too funny! I wonder if that was Maynard!?! Sounds like something he would do. Lol.

We will be there June 3-5, so hopefully he opens back up on time! If not I will have to make do with the talking potato from Potatoland.

On the last trip my junior high daugter fell in love with this attaction as a bit of a history buff. We went 3 times and plan on doing it many more whenever we get back! Hope it opens again and it's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter