Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it more as in the younger generation does not know them as well as other movies that they can add. :) They don't have to take anything away ..just add something that maybe they would know :)

I don't know why the younger generation has to "get" every single thing, though. Fireworks, ok, sure. But there already is so much for the younger generation all throughout WDW, and the adults and older folk need something THEY can relate to.

Like a track-less attraction through a magic movie theater run amuck. I could totally get behind this idea!
The fact is, there are a ton of things they could do to make it a great ride. Hopefully, they know what they're doing...

I really liked The Great Movie Ride, but I also like new things.

I'm going in July and will ride this several times to say goodbye. Yes, maybe the younger generation can't relate to some of the movies but it's the feeling the ride gives me that makes it such a part of HS. When I'm on this ride I'm just lost in it....I can't really explain it, but something happens that makes you feel a part of the old Hollywood, a part of the past that came before the great films of today. I hope they can replace it with something warm and familiar for everyone.

I like new things. I just don't see why they have to level the classics in order to pave the way for new
Thank you. Hope it's still open late September

It will be. This is just a rumor.

I actually was so p.o.'ed that I sent a long email to Disney a couple days ago. They got back to me and said that no such plan was in the works.

I like new things. I just don't see why they have to level the classics in order to pave the way for new

It will be. This is just a rumor.

I actually was so p.o.'ed that I sent a long email to Disney a couple days ago. They got back to me and said that no such plan was in the works.

While I'll agree with you that this is just a rumor as of now, Disney wouldn't tell you in an email if that powers that be are discussing this anyhow. Only time we'd ever get a reply from Disney about something closing is if has been formally announced in some form or fashion.

We just got back a few weeks ago and the only enjoyable part of this ride for me was The Wizard of Oz. Just way too cheesy. I miss Hollywood Studios (and Universal) being active working studios. This place was magical to me growing up when it was. This trip just felt like another amusement park.

We just got back a few weeks ago and the only enjoyable part of this ride for me was The Wizard of Oz. Just way too cheesy. I miss Hollywood Studios (and Universal) being active working studios. This place was magical to me growing up when it was. This trip just felt like another amusement park.
Just go to Universal Hollywood then.

• Blue Sky: A rumor is classified as “Blue Sky” when it is supported only by a single public source, or multiple sources that are providing conflicting information. While rumors frequently contain misinformation, “Blue Sky” rumors typically refer to projects that Disney is seriously considering for development in some form, at some undefined point in the future.

I hope if they are changing to a new ride they are still going with the "Hollywood theme". I'd love to see the new ride be about not only Mickey, but Walt Disney as well. It could show how he came to Hollywood and first created Mickey. Then it can go through the mouse's early movies and then eventually ends with the later versions of Mickey seen on Disney Junior and XD.

I wouldn't mind if they updated with more recent movies at the end of the ride, but still keep or change the classics to some other classics. There are tons of classics out there. Def. keep the Wizard of OZ...wouldn't really care if Tarzan went...LOL. Just don't toss out everything! And yes, I know it's a rumor but sometimes those rumors do come true.

I don't think the problem with GMR is the movie selection. I think it's the ride vehicle. Get rid of the "moving theater" and make them smaller so the sets are closer together and it would be a better ride.

Disney - MGM Studio was my favorite park, Back Lot Tours, Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, Ghost Busters impromptu Ambulance appearances, Who wants to be a Millionaire, Power Ranger street appearances, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, Indiana Jones, Muppets 3D Adventure, and of course The Great Movie Ride. I appreciate the addition of the Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, however have not felt the other change outs have been positive. I suspect an update of GMR would be a good thing if the focus remains, at the movies, and includes all the classics older and newer. The imagineers have limitless resources to work with in classic movies, just hope it does not turn into a cartoon ride.

Heard a rumor that Great Movie Ride at Disney Studios is closing. Will it still be open in September? I wish it would stay I love this ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter