Great rate at Beach Club

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Should I or shouldn't I?

I called SoG today to see if by some miracle there were some overflow rates at any moderates. of course there weren't, but she did offer me a rate of $199 at the Beach Club. I almost jumped on it before I remembered this was supposed to be a budget trip. Am I nuts for passing that up? I'm so torn on whether i should have taken it or not. Not much I can do about it now unless by some miracle its still there tomorrow.

OMG yes!!!! that is not to far off from the Mods now! with AP rate I paid $265 a night!!

If you can swing the cost, I would jump on it. I had my first stay at the Beach Club in April and loved it. There are so many pluses to staying in the Beach Club. Having the walking trail/boat to Epcot and MGM is fantastic. Plus if you really want to avoid buses and don't mind a little extra walking you can walk through Epcot and get on the monorail to the TTC and then to the MK. One thing I love about the Epcot area (we have stayed at the Boardwalk too and loved it) is being able to run over to Epcot World showcase and catch illuminations or get a delicious dinner at the end of a day.

The walking trail to Epcot is right next to the Beach Club. The grounds of the Beach Club are so nice. The hotel and rooms are bright and cheery. Breakfast at Cape May is so yummy. I find the Beach Club to be one of the easiest places to use the refillable mugs. The gift shop has a soda station in it as well as some delicous fresh sandwiches and gellato! yumm. The pool, Beaches and Cream...I could go on and on.

One warning I must offer.....Once you stay at a deluxe it might be hard to go back to Moderate or Value :) I'm speaking from experience :)

Good luck on your decision and trip planning!

Take Care
Jamie

i've only stayed at deluxe or value, i was wanting to try a moderate lol

we've stayed at CR, ASMu, AKL and now ASMu again. i wanted to try out CBR.

now watch, i'll have decided to take the plunge and when i call back tomorrow it won't be avialable. lol

Outstanding rate, best I've heard. Now go back and book it!

an overflow rate is a discounted rate at wdw hotels when Shades of Green is booked. I tried to book SoG but since they were full, they offered me a rate of $74 at ASMu. So tahts what i originally booked. when i called back yesterday they offered me the overflow rate at BC I was floored with the rate especially since im not sure if i can afford it. bummer! :(

How many days are you going to be there? I splurged of half of our trip (starting friday, hooray!) just because I know my dd will LOVE the pool. So wwhy not change halfway through and get the best of both -- budget and luxury. (BTW, that's $35 less than the AP.)

When do you leave? If you go to BC, we might be there the same time. We're at BC the 7th to the 12th! We can look for you at SAB! (My dd's 8)

if you can swing it financially, I'd take that rate on BC for sure..If not maybe you can do split stay with AS & BC that way you get to experience the BC for a couple of nights. Good luck!

that's an un-heard of rate at the BC these days. We just booked with an AP rate of $234 for 7/2-7/9.

You'll love the Beach Club - the location can't be beat. And, they have the best pool on property. Not to mention dining...the options are endless. You have the boardwalk area, S/D restaurants (which are fabulous I must say), and WS is a quick walk away. Need I say more??

DO IT.

PamNC

Are you taking children? The pool at BC is exceptional. There are mounds of sand all over the place, even inside the pool, for the kids to play in. The whole atmosphere is relaxed and the location can't be beat. You have your own private entrance and exit to Epcot -- away from the hustle and bustle of the front entrance. You can walk or boat to MGM. You can easily watch illuminations every single night if you want. You can grab quick snacks or have nice meals in Epcot countries at your convenience.

As for your main question, YES, $199/night is a good rate, great rate in fact. I'd highly recommend booking it.
:flower:

As others have said..."If you can afford it" DO IT!

Best BC rate I've seen in a long...long time!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

WDW LifeLong Fan said:
As others have said..."If you can afford it" DO IT!

Best BC rate I've seen in a long...long time!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

fairly new to the boards, Having trouble with some acronyms. DH, and SoG. Please help

wvjules,

Did you try getting the military discount being offered between Aug and Oct? I managed to get the BC for a rate of $192.50 (incl tax) which is 40% off the rack rate (stays of 7 night or more). It's 30% off for 6 nights or less. It is listed at mousesavers.com.

TC.

DW mouser said:
WayneDavis DH: disney husband and SOG: Shades of Green

Sorry to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure the D in DH stands for 'dear' not 'disney'. I find these acronyms tiresome. DD, DS, DW - how much longer does it take to type 'daughter, son, wife'? And really, do we need to say 'dear son', 'dear daughter', as if anybody's children AREN'T dear?

OK, pardon my cranky rant. I'll try to behave.

Oh, and to the OP (that's Original Poster for the acronomically challenged), I say take that rate whether you can afford it or not. If you've never stayed in an EPCOT resort, you've got to do it, even if that means putting off your next trip to pay off this one.

Once you have done an epcot resort it is hard to do anything else. I had been holding back for years before I tried the YC. Best trips ever! Last year I went back to the Poly and it wasn't the same. Going to the BC this year. Can't wait!

PS I thought the D in DH also meant Disney.

BostonRob said:
Sorry to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure the D in DH stands for 'dear' not 'disney'. I find these acronyms tiresome. DD, DS, DW - how much longer does it take to type 'daughter, son, wife'? And really, do we need to say 'dear son', 'dear daughter', as if anybody's children AREN'T dear?

As a new timer there is actually a list of abbreviations on this website that lets you know what everything stands for....DH, DS, DD, DW the D does stand for "dear" or "disney" and maybe a few more... :)

Anyway, that is an awesome deal for the BC...... :cool1:

Definitely jump on the $199/rate. Make sure you tell them that was the rate you quoted. Call back ASAP. Remember, you can stay at BC for fewer nights and still get a lot done at the parks because you won't be spending much time on transportation. I also found bus service from Epcot area resorts to MK to be very good. You will not need to rent a car either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter