• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Salad and Snack Low Fat.......

webmomom

DIS Veteran
Frozen Waldrof Salad

1 can 8oz crushed pineapple
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 sugar
2 1/2 cups chopped red delicous apple
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 stalks of celery chopped
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup mini marshmellows
1/3 cup reduced mayo
1 cup of reduced whipped topping, thawed

In a bowl open the pineapple and drain and reserved the liquid. In a suacepan over med. heat combine 2 eggs, sugar and the reserved liquid. Cook, stirring constantly until it thickens. When it thickens remove from the heat and let cool down a little.

Chop apples and then add the lemon juice and mix. Add the apples, celery, walnuts to the egg mixture. Stir. Then add the mayo and stir. Add marshmellows and whipped topping and stir.

In a cup cake pan line the pan with cup cake papers. Add the mixture ( I usually fill them high). cover with Alum Foil and freeze.
To serve take out of freezer about 5 minutes before, depending on where you live and what time of year it is. Remove the cupcake papers and you can place them on a plate lined with some kind of lettuce.
They will store in your freezer up to 1 month.
If anyone is on Weight Watchers, these are only 2 points.

They sound great--I'll have to try them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter