Alvera Mistress of Light

The Mistress of Light
Hi!. I'm happy to be here!. Me and my family used to go to Disney Land a lot from 2001-2014. We only stopped due to money issues and moving. I found this board cause I want to get back into the fandom I hope to go to WDW soon. I love pin trading (even if I haven't done anything with it in years) I am currently 24 but will be 25 next month

Hello and welcome Disney Fan!

I used to be a pin trader as well, but I lost a lot of my pins when I got divorced. :-( I need to rebuild.

Hello I’m new here. I’m happy to be here cause I feel like I will learn somethings. I am a married mom of 4 and we are all going for our first time in November 2022. I know Its a long time away but from what I understand the longer you plan the better off you are. WDW 11/2022

Hello I’m new here. I’m happy to be here cause I feel like I will learn somethings. I am a married mom of 4 and we are all going for our first time in November 2022. I know Its a long time away but from what I understand the longer you plan the better off you are. WDW 11/2022

This is very true. AT THE MOMENT, slightly less so since FP+ is out and ADR's are more limited. But keep your eyes and ears open since these things are coming back and there are many rumors circling. The more prepared you are, the better trip you will have!

Hope you have a terrific first trip at Disney coming up and enjoy planning. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

This is very true. AT THE MOMENT, slightly less so since FP+ is out and ADR's are more limited. But keep your eyes and ears open since these things are coming back and there are many rumors circling. The more prepared you are, the better trip you will have!

Hope you have a terrific first trip at Disney coming up and enjoy planning. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!
Thank you so much. We are very excited. I think I’m most excited to tell you the truth. LOL I’m going to try to be as prepared as I can. I have a feeling I finally came to the right place.

Thank you so much. We are very excited. I think I’m most excited to tell you the truth. LOL I’m going to try to be as prepared as I can. I have a feeling I finally came to the right place.

When are you going and for how long? Do you know where you are staying yet? Family makeup? Inquiring minds want to know!

My favorite thing is to plan Disney vacations and talk to people about their Disney plans. That's one of the reasons I joined DVC... so I could always be planning and scheming.

Ummm. that MAY have come out wrong.

When are you going and for how long? Do you know where you are staying yet? Family makeup? Inquiring minds want to know!

My favorite thing is to plan Disney vacations and talk to people about their Disney plans. That's one of the reasons I joined DVC... so I could always be planning and scheming.

View attachment 587546

Ummm. that MAY have come out wrong.
Family of 5. We are going in November 2022. We are staying at a time share property of my dads. Do you know of a travel agent that I can purchase my tickets only through? I would much rather pay a little at a time that all at once. Also I know that with covid wdw isn’t doing annual passes but if and when they do are they only for Florida residents? I have done some research but im Still a newby.

Family of 5. We are going in November 2022. We are staying at a time share property of my dads. Do you know of a travel agent that I can purchase my tickets only through? I would much rather pay a little at a time that all at once. Also I know that with covid wdw isn’t doing annual passes but if and when they do are they only for Florida residents? I have done some research but im Still a newby.

I do not think I can post places to purchase tickets on here other than Disney, and I can't PM you yet as you do not have enough posts. Ask again after you get above 10 and I will PM you. :-)

As far as the plans with AP's.... Only Disney knows. Right now, the only people who can get AP's as far as we know are what are called "Recovery AP's". Basically people who had an AP that expired during the time the parks were shut down.

That said, there has been SOME buzz lately. There are some new AP only discounts being announced which leads me to believe they may be opening up sales of new AP's again. But at the same time, we think AP's might have some changes coming to them, and we do not really know what those are right now.

I do not think I can post places to purchase tickets on here other than Disney, and I can't PM you yet as you do not have enough posts. Ask again after you get above 10 and I will PM you. :-)

As far as the plans with AP's.... Only Disney knows. Right now, the only people who can get AP's as far as we know are what are called "Recovery AP's". Basically people who had an AP that expired during the time the parks were shut down.

That said, there has been SOME buzz lately. There are some new AP only discounts being announced which leads me to believe they may be opening up sales of new AP's again. But at the same time, we think AP's might have some changes coming to them, and we do not really know what those are right now.
We’ll I appreciate the help! I will try to post more. Today marks exactly 500 days left. I’m so excited! Is it wrong to be this excited even though its a while away? Lol

We’ll I appreciate the help! I will try to post more. Today marks exactly 500 days left. I’m so excited! Is it wrong to be this excited even though its a while away? Lol

Don't be silly. Before I was DVC I would pack my bags a month before my trip. I would pack far enough in advance that I would have to UNPACK simply to continue to go work every day, LOL.

For some of us, the road is more fun then the destination. Don't get me wrong... I love being at Disney. It's my happy place - no question about that. But at the same time, it can be hot, humid, and exhausting. As much if not more fun that actually being there is planning on being there. Looking at the rides and figuring out which ones your family might enjoy most, planning the route you will take through the parks, which places you want to eat...

Also if you are there long enough, looking at Disney Springs, and the surrounding areas and all the things to do there! I LOVE the Disney mini-golf! There are so many things you can do in Disney World that 90% of the visitors have no idea you could do. Really fun stuff.

The biggest challenge you will have right now is that Disney TODAY is not going to be Disney 500 days from now. This is more true now than ever before. They are still recovering from the Pandemic. Some things are not open yet. Other things are being changed or redesigned in new ways as Disney evolves into a new post-pandemic world. We still have no idea what the future of Parades or FastPasses or even Line Queues will be.

Piled on top of that is the 50th and all the new and exciting things that will be coming in the next few months and year as EPCOT evolves and they continue to redevelop that park into it's future state, and the other changes that are going on. There are so many projects right now in WDW it's difficult for us veterans to keep them all straight!

It's never too early to be excited about Disney and after you go, I expect you to be excited about figuring out the next time you can go again!

Don't be silly. Before I was DVC I would pack my bags a month before my trip. I would pack far enough in advance that I would have to UNPACK simply to continue to go work every day, LOL.

For some of us, the road is more fun then the destination. Don't get me wrong... I love being at Disney. It's my happy place - no question about that. But at the same time, it can be hot, humid, and exhausting. As much if not more fun that actually being there is planning on being there. Looking at the rides and figuring out which ones your family might enjoy most, planning the route you will take through the parks, which places you want to eat...

Also if you are there long enough, looking at Disney Springs, and the surrounding areas and all the things to do there! I LOVE the Disney mini-golf! There are so many things you can do in Disney World that 90% of the visitors have no idea you could do. Really fun stuff.

The biggest challenge you will have right now is that Disney TODAY is not going to be Disney 500 days from now. This is more true now than ever before. They are still recovering from the Pandemic. Some things are not open yet. Other things are being changed or redesigned in new ways as Disney evolves into a new post-pandemic world. We still have no idea what the future of Parades or FastPasses or even Line Queues will be.

Piled on top of that is the 50th and all the new and exciting things that will be coming in the next few months and year as EPCOT evolves and they continue to redevelop that park into it's future state, and the other changes that are going on. There are so many projects right now in WDW it's difficult for us veterans to keep them all straight!

It's never too early to be excited about Disney and after you go, I expect you to be excited about figuring out the next time you can go again!
I know things are changing and by the time I go it will be somewhat different. We will be there from Sunday to Sunday. I did dig a little into Disney Springs and it seems like there is so much going on there as well. A friend of mine said they even had a hot air balloon you could ride when she went but that was a while ago. I haven’t heard of the mini golf but we are definitely going to want to do something like that.
The kids and I were looking at rides and they like them but they don’t want to ride any rides that go upside down or super high in the air then drop real fast. Any suggestions on that?

I know things are changing and by the time I go it will be somewhat different. We will be there from Sunday to Sunday. I did dig a little into Disney Springs and it seems like there is so much going on there as well. A friend of mine said they even had a hot air balloon you could ride when she went but that was a while ago.

It's called Aerophile. I believe it IS open.
Cirque De Soleil is also a fun thing to brings the kids to. It's currently closed, but we expect it to be open again soon. They had had been making a new show when Covid stuck.
Lots of good shopping and eating to do there. There is also a Rainforrest Cafe and a T-Rex which the kids love (do one, not both - they are basically identical but different animations).

I haven’t heard of the mini golf but we are definitely going to want to do something like that.

WDW has 2 mini golf courses that are Disney owned.
Fantasia Gardens - near swan and Dolphin.
Winter Summerland - Near Disney Springs / Typhoon Lagoon

They each have 2 courses. It's somewhat religious about which one you like (people get very passionate about their chosen coarse). PERSONALLY, I like Fantasia Gardens.

The kids and I were looking at rides and they like them but they don’t want to ride any rides that go upside down or super high in the air then drop real fast. Any suggestions on that?

You won't find a lot of rides like that in WDW. That's more a Universal thing. If you plan to spend a day at Universal, please carefully review the options there.

For WDW, by park the most intense rides:
MK - This one is easy. Really the most intense are SM (mainly it's the dark more than anything else). Big Thunder really does not go very high and does not have any super high drops - most kids take that in stride. Splash Mountain believe it or not as one of the scariest looking drops (but even that is mild).

Epcot - nothing like that in EPCOT, but SIMULATED - yeah. Soarin' is a super fun ride, but if you get scared of heights, it may be tough. I have seen a panic attack or two on there. It's a hang gliding simulator. Watch some videos if it makes you nervous. You and/or the kids are super safe. You are not going anywhere. Motion is gentle, so you can always lean back and close your eyes and it's a gentle ride. but it can be scary.

Mission Space has an intense and less intense ride. It's also a simulator. The biggest issue here is claustrophobia.

Test Track can shake you around a bit - but no high drops.

Of course no one knows about Guardians of the Galaxy yet.

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror - if drops make you nervous, just don't.... Nuff' said.

Rockin Roller Coaster - Has a few loops in it. No big drops. The loops go quickly though.

Star Tours and Millennium Falcon are both simulators that can FEEL like drops. But again, it's simulated.

While we are talking about Star Wars, if your kids are fans - look into the Bot Depot and Savi's Lightsabers. Both experiences are worth it. My kids LOVE their bots. They gave them names and still play with them.

Animal Kingdom -
Mount Everest.... i'll be honest... when you hit the apex and look out over the land, it's BEAUTIFUL.... but it can be a little terrifying as well if heights bother you. Consider it carefully.

FOP - SIMULATED drops. But the ground is never more than 1 foot from you. Otherwise, one of the best rides ever made....

Thank you so so much for all the info! I feel a bit better about the ride situation now. I definitely dont want any major drops so thank you so much for letting me know. 493 days to go!

YA'LL!!! I LOVE this website. Its SO helpfiul.

A LITTLE on ME. LOLOLOL. I have two Tylers in my life. DS12 is Tyler Jr. And my DH is also Tyler. My Tylers are BIG fans of the Disney!!! We go once a year, usually in SEPTEMBER. My DS12 spends ALL day on his computer learning about EVERYTHING disney. Moveis, PARKS, you name IT!!!

HAPPY to be here! YAY!!!

My son has Aspergers (he's on the spectrum). He was super-obsessed with several rides in Disney. Mostly - Haunted Mansion - to the point that he could tell you the entire speech - in JAPANESE (he doesn't speak any Japanese). He also could tell you the differences between the stretching room in WDW and DL (I had no idea they were different, but on one of them apparently the lady has a wedding ring and on the other she doesn't).

The other one was Tower of Terror... which cracked me up because he NEVER wanted to ride it (he got over that at 14). But he used to avoid it like the plague - but he knew everything about it and I do mean EVERYTHING.

In any event, WELCOME to our happy home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter