Groceries delivered to Resorts?

paslea_pooh

DIS Veteran
We are staying at SSR for the first time since we bought into DVC, we'll be using ME and have no car. How do we get groceries, can we get them delivered from a local market?

thanks

P.S. I've heard about Wegoshop but have also heard some horror stories and they are no longer accepting credit card payments for now.

I used Gooding's in May and was totally satisfied. It was very convenient. I'm not sure if DVC resorts have Bell Services (please forgive my ignorance!), but here's how it works in other "regular" WDW resorts at least. Gooding's delivers to Bell Services. Bell Services calls your room. If you're in, they bring you your groceries ASAP. If you're not in, they store them for you, and leave you a message. Gooding's separately bags and labels anything that needs refrigerating/freezing, and Bell Services keeps that stuff cold for you! When you get back to your room and see you have a message waiting, you call Bell Services and they bring your Gooding's delivery to you. It was EXCELLENT not having to try to schedule a grocery delivery time and then have to stick around the room wasting time waiting for that delivery.

Gooding's also did great with special requests. For example, I ordered like 5 pounds of bananas, but wanted a mixture of ripe and green so that we'd have fresh ripe bananas during every day of our stay, and they came through for us! The website has a limited selection, but they will deliver anything they stock on their shelves. About half the items I ordered weren't on the website.

Your credit card won't be charged until the day of delivery, mostly because they can't know the exact total until the shopping is done. Produce and deli are sold by the pound, so they can't know the EXACT price in advance, and also they may be out of an item and they wouldn't want to charge you for it if they can't sell it to you. When you receive your delivery you'll get the cash register receipt along with your credit card receipt.

ENJOY!

-- Eric :earsboy:

CleveRocks said:
I used Gooding's in May and was totally satisfied. It was very convenient. I'm not sure if DVC resorts have Bell Services (please forgive my ignorance!), but here's how it works in other "regular" WDW resorts at least. Gooding's delivers to Bell Services. Bell Services calls your room. If you're in, they bring you your groceries ASAP. If you're not in, they store them for you, and leave you a message. Gooding's separately bags and labels anything that needs refrigerating/freezing, and Bell Services keeps that stuff cold for you! When you get back to your room and see you have a message waiting, you call Bell Services and they bring your Gooding's delivery to you. It was EXCELLENT not having to try to schedule a grocery delivery time and then have to stick around the room wasting time waiting for that delivery.

Gooding's also did great with special requests. For example, I ordered like 5 pounds of bananas, but wanted a mixture of ripe and green so that we'd have fresh ripe bananas during every day of our stay, and they came through for us! The website has a limited selection, but they will deliver anything they stock on their shelves. About half the items I ordered weren't on the website.

Your credit card won't be charged until the day of delivery, mostly because they can't know the exact total until the shopping is done. Produce and deli are sold by the pound, so they can't know the EXACT price in advance, and also they may be out of an item and they wouldn't want to charge you for it if they can't sell it to you. When you receive your delivery you'll get the cash register receipt along with your credit card receipt.

ENJOY!

-- Eric :earsboy:

Thank You so much for your post. I will definitely be using them. Thank you to meloneyb21 for the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter