Groceries...

belly_uk

Earning My Ears
Anyone know how to get to Goodings from FW and how long it would take?
I'm staying at FW in 2 weeks time, but am not hiring a car.
Also, is it any good as a grocery store ?

Thanks...:)

Hi belly,

Sorry, it's off property so unless you hire a taxi I don't know how you could get there with out your own vehicle. Goodings is only about 20 minutes away from the campground though. Anyway, don't panick because Fort Wilderness has two great convient stores right there that have just about anything you need from steaks to donughts. And, most of the stuff hubby and I usually bring with us, so we don't even use their store very often.

Hope this helps...Mmketeer

Like Mn said, not really any way to get directly to he Goodings without a car. It is in the Crossroads shopping plaza, which is across the street from Hotel Plaza...

If you REALLY need to get there and wanna save on some taxi fair, my advice, take the Disney Trasportation bus from FW to Downtown Disney, and then take a taxi from there (DD) to Crossroads. That way the majority of your travel is free. It can't be but 1/2 mile to Crossroads from DD. And taxi's are always waiting around the Downtown Disney area, especially the West Side section.

But the stores at FW have just about everything you need, not at local grocery store values, but it would easy to get anything there.

How are you getting to FW? Some of the Towncar services will make a 30 minute grocery stop at a Publix--much cheaper prices than the Trading posts or Goodings.

Barbara
173 days to go

Hi,

We're taking the Mears shuttle from the airport. We did consider a limo, but, well, it's not really us, and I doubt we'll be finished in 30 mins..
Anyway, thanks for all the info. I think we'll get a cab as suggested and find our way to publix, which I've never heard of before (one of the reasons I want to go :) )

Thanks again..Just 12 days to go!

There is a Publix very close to the main entrance of the MK...I'm sorry I don't remember what street it's on, but it's a major one!
We actually shipped all of our can/dry goods FedEx and carried on our meat (previously frozen) in a cooler. So, all we had to get from the Publix was salad stuff, eggs, pop and beer.
We found the trading posts to be extremely expensive and almost no availability of fresh produce. It's okay for frozen pizzas, chips and the like...but again...expensive.
Crowsie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter