Grocery Delivery Question

OurLaughingPlace

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this post is in the correct forum, so please move if necessary. I have never done a grocery order before. We are going to order from Publix. We are getting it delivered to a Disney Springs hotel, but are then moving shortly thereafter to Beach Club. My question is, do I need to pack grocery bags to move items to our next resort? How do groceries get delivered to us from Publix? Boxes / paper bags / reusable bags? I just want to make sure we can transition (using a taxi or Uber) from one resort to another without our groceries being all over the place. We are getting heavy items (cases of water, juice, alcohol, pop). TIA

We have used both Amazon Fresh and Doordash for grocery delivery. Usually the heavy items like cases of water are not in any bag. The other items are in paper bags. You may want to bring a few reusable shopping bags to transport the groceries just in case.

When we do a split stay at Disney, I try to order just enough for each leg. Instead of a 24 pack of water, only get 12 pack. I also pack a roll of mailing tape….the clear plastic stuff….to reinforce bags or loose wrapping around packs of water.

You may need to consider what you are doing with your groceries before your room is ready. I had heard they will not keep your groceries for you anymore. But I have never tried.

I had heard they will not keep your groceries for you anymore. But I have never tried.
No they will store both refrigerated and shelf stable grocery items at the Disney resorts.. They just no longer move refrigerated items between resorts as part of a luggage transfer since 2021. Just make sure to separate cold items and clearly mark bags.
We are going to order from Publix. We are getting it delivered to a Disney Springs hotel, but are then moving shortly thereafter to Beach Club.
Instacart delivers for Publix using only plastic bags. Large bulk items; packs of water bottles and soda's will not be bagged. How long will you be at the Disney Springs hotel? You should consider 2 separate orders, one for each resort. as @jo-jo indicated above.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter