• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters
Medfield College is from The Absent-Minded Professor and The Son of Flubber, the Dexter Riley trilogy (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him Now You Don't, and The Strongest Man in the World), The Shaggy D.A., and the Robin Williams Flubber remake.

Medford College is from The Misadventures of Merlin Jones and The Monkey's Uncle

Biddle Bible Class is from The Happiest Millionaire
I grew up on the Dexter Riley trilogy and Fred McMurray. Pretty much I saw only Disney movies until I was 12 or so....

Watching TV last night with the family and a Disney commercial comes on showing the Dapper Dans, and I'm pointing at the TV and yelling, "Hey, I talked to those guys back in February!". Cue the family all rolling their eyes.
But, the DDs had just finished a performance and I noticed their hand chimes and spent about 5 minutes with them showing me the 100+ year old chimes and explaining how they work, so I did talk to them.

My level of Dis enthusiasm is not shared amongst the rest of the family. Thank you for listening and understanding.

Last edited:
Saw some fun group costumes this past weekend. My favorites were ride/show cast, including Festival of the Lion King (yes, there were tumble monkeys in full body suits!) and Living with the Land. Very clever, but also pretty elaborate.
I saw pics of the tumble monkeys! So cute! But waaaay more involved than I'd want to run a half in.

Hmm, probably too elaborate for the half, but what about an It's a Small World theme? Everyone could choose a different country to represent and make it as simple/complex as you like.

And we all run better than the original ride animations at this point!

I'm trying to figure out an easy-to-run-in way to pull of a casey's corner CM costume, and failing.
It can't be that different from your League of Their Own costume, or is it?

Hmm, probably too elaborate for the half, but what about an It's a Small World theme? Everyone could choose a different country to represent and make it as simple/complex as you like.

And we all run better than the original ride animations at this point!
There were two girls dressed as the French can-can dancers this weekend -- I think the 10K? Super cute!

For the HALF MARATHONERS: time to choose!

Please pick one idea (you can add a second, but with fewer people to vote, it might be closer, so just one vote will be easier.) We will leave this open for voting through the weekend.
  • old timey sports costumes. (Think of the Goofy Learns Football short.) Football players, cheerleaders, band members, folks in the crowd, etc. This allows for a lot of different costumes of different comfort levels and duplication doesn't matter much.

• Fantasia characters: ballerinas, sorcerer mickey, the wizard, the crocodiles, etc.

• Penguins (and possibly bert/mary) from mary poppins

• old school Epcot CM outfit of all the flags from World Showcase in particular.

• animals from Lion King/FOTLK

• Mouseketeers

• Kakamora (the coconut guys from Moana)

• Zootopia animals

• Villians

• It’s a small world characters

I would probably pick Mouseketeers or Small World, but I am honestly fine with whatever the group picks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter