Guardians - Cosmic Rewind

Hi I read all the post and still not sure if I will be ok with the ride.
I do not have motion sickness. But I am fearful of roller coaster. It started with the first one I got on when I was 8-- I was floating out of the seat and felt like I would be flying out; since then I developed the fear of ride that move fast and going up and down. I get that way even sitting in a car going 70 miles/hour on a freeway that goes up and down

I can do flying simulator attraction because I can close my eyes. This is a moving ride; so I am unsure. I did FOP; first time close my eyes many times; 2nd time only when the images is passing through narrow cliffs. I finally can keep my eyes open when take off during soaring. I did Rise of the Resistance-- after reading as much as I could and watch the video, I determine the the single short drop is manageable; I probably would not be able to do it had it be multiple or long drops.

Needless to say, I cannot bring myself trying mission space, Everest, tower of terror... not even Slinky. Someone said this ride is "Teacups and Space Mountain had a baby". I love Teacup

Anyone has this kind of "fear" can give me an insight will be greatly appreciated.

The reason I am asking is my husband will not go to ride alone if I cannot go. I think he will really enjoy the ride; but no matter how much I push him, he won't go alone and let me wait for him.

Thanks

Hi I read all the post and still not sure if I will be ok with the ride.
I do not have motion sickness. But I am fearful of roller coaster. It started with the first one I got on when I was 8-- I was floating out of the seat and felt like I would be flying out; since then I developed the fear of ride that move fast and going up and down. I get that way even sitting in a car going 70 miles/hour on a freeway that goes up and down

I can do flying simulator attraction because I can close my eyes. This is a moving ride; so I am unsure. I did FOP; first time close my eyes many times; 2nd time only when the images is passing through narrow cliffs. I finally can keep my eyes open when take off during soaring. I did Rise of the Resistance-- after reading as much as I could and watch the video, I determine the the single short drop is manageable; I probably would not be able to do it had it be multiple or long drops.

Needless to say, I cannot bring myself trying mission space, Everest, tower of terror... not even Slinky. Someone said this ride is "Teacups and Space Mountain had a baby". I love Teacup

Anyone has this kind of "fear" can give me an insight will be greatly appreciated.

The reason I am asking is my husband will not go to ride alone if I cannot go. I think he will really enjoy the ride; but no matter how much I push him, he won't go alone and let me wait for him.

Thanks
I can assure you... you will not get that flying out of your seat feeling. The ride cars are great. Snug around you and the lap bar can go down very tight making it impossible to "fly out of your seat". The drop of rise causes way more out of your seat feeling than guardians will. Plus it's incredibly smooth. Nothing at all like space mountain. I'd say try it. It's worth it.

I can assure you... you will not get that flying out of your seat feeling. The ride cars are great. Snug around you and the lap bar can go down very tight making it impossible to "fly out of your seat". The drop of rise causes way more out of your seat feeling than guardians will. Plus it's incredibly smooth. Nothing at all like space mountain. I'd say try it. It's worth it.
Thank you ... this really helps. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me an insight

I am sitting in my hotel room after an emergency Lyft ride back from Epcot feeling absolutely awful because I made the mistake of reading a review about Guardians saying it was not that bad on motion sickness.

To be clear, I get bad motion sickness. I think the author of the review has only read about motion sickness :-)

Guardians almost killed me. DO NOT ride this ride if you suffer from motion sickness. I even took motion sickness pills “to be safe” - and it still crushed me.

What a terrible mistake on my part! It was an absolute nightmare. I was praying it would end - it felt like the ride lasted 3 hours :-)

Almost everyone else leaving the ride had a big smile and thought it was great. So - again - this is coming from a person that actually gets bad motion sickness. For many, this ride appears just fine.
I am so sorry that you got sick. I get motion sickness and can't ride Avatar or Soarin, in fact I can't even sit in an IMAX theater. I rode Guardians a few times and didn't get sick or nauseous at all and was screaming and singing each time. The brain receptors are different for everyone. I am so glad you are ok. The worst is over for you and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Ok I didn’t think I would try, but I want to soooooooo bad lol!!!!
How long is the ride?
Thanks

I was planning on riding this one when we go in a couple of weeks. Now I am having second thoughts. The rides with screens cause me problems. I can't do Star Tours, even Ratatouille made me dizzy and I won't ride that one again. Sounds like this ride should be a no for me.

Hopefully it's not as bad on the motion sickness as the Simpson's ride at Universal. Never have I ever wanted off a theme park ride so bad in my life!

I was planning on riding this one when we go in a couple of weeks. Now I am having second thoughts. The rides with screens cause me problems. I can't do Star Tours, even Ratatouille made me dizzy and I won't ride that one again. Sounds like this ride should be a no for me.

I think with this ride you have the option to look down/close eyes/not look at the screen if you still generally enjoy rides/rollercoasters. I wouldn't recommend that really at Star Tours or Ratatouille because the screens really are the ride in that case.

This is coming from a person who doesn't get bothered by screens though so I'd just take that into account.

Hopefully it's not as bad on the motion sickness as the Simpson's ride at Universal. Never have I ever wanted off a theme park ride so bad in my life!

Me too! It was the worst experiences. I had a turkey leg right before too. Not had one since! Haven’t been back to Universal either..cause it wasn’t my cup of tea.

So I do not get or have motion sickness but I also am no longer a fan of rides that spin like ones that just spin even Astro orbiter I can skip.
With that if you ride EE and the feeling you get with the start of sharp corkscrew multiple that by 10 when GG of first pulls out and turns and spins it is somewhat disorienting. The rest of the ride the spinning is not that bad and perfectly fine for me. I overall like the ride but prefer a traditional coaster any size loop speed whatever I will ride.... If they do away with the start I would be fine.
For the record I can easily ride GG but I will warn if you are not a fan of things that spin much less get motion sickness the first part can be a little much. I do love the concept in the end but I feel this may be another Mission space in the end where the lines were long for a year and they will be much shorter because many cant ride it.

I am no expert... But my brother gets motion sickness from some virtual reality ride including FOP.... Coasters and things like GG and things that spin he loves. I would compare GG to something that really does spin with virtual reality that can intensify the spin.

I have trouble with screen-based rides too. For GotG I concentrated on looking toward the front of our car and didn't turn my head to look at the screens. I know I missed some of the "action," but it didn't matter to me. I enjoyed the motion of the ride!

So... just got back from a quick Labor Day weekend trip to BLT for MNSSHP and a day in Epcot. Got to finally ride GOTG. So, I mentioned before that I do not do well with spinning rides. I cannot do teacups and something like The Simpsons Ride at Universal was a terrible experience. I had also ridden Crush's Coaster in DLP, which I had thought this was similar to, and I could not wait to get off that ride either...

That said... GOTG was not anywhere near as bad as I had imagined it would be and is an amazing ride. I highly suggest you give it at least one try. It may be one of my favorite coasters there is now (didn't think I'd be saying that!). It is unbelievably smooth.

we did Guardians 5 times last week, even those that hate the speed of Aerosmith or jerkiness of space mountain thought this was fine. The first time is confusing but it's actually a super smooth roller coaster and very enjoyable

I want to ride this SO bad...

...but I think I will totally regret it. I have no problems with FoP or Mission Space (Green, NOT Orange...never tried it). I can do Everest once (that backward uphill in the dark throws me out of whack for a while), and the Teacups and even Astro Orbiter are a no-go. I can't do Space Mountain because it is too hard on my neck. I was wobbly-kneed and needed assistance going down the exit ramp the one and only time that I rode Primeval Whirl at AK. (My family affectionately dubbed it "Primeval Hurl" after I rode it.) I couldn't walk straight for almost a half-hour! Last year, I rode Remy and I was getting really tipsy and disoriented during that ride too. I had to look down at my feet to get my bearings. I can handle Star Tours if I look at the floor, but I also have a touch of claustrophobia so that is really a ride I only do if I am travelling with one of my kids and they need someone to ride with them. (Oh, the love of a mother:hug:)

Based on that, I am almost 100% sure that GotG would be catastrophic for my equilibrium and would probably knock me out of commission for the day. I am SO bummed about this because I was really looking forward to this ride and I was so hoping that it wouldn't be THAT bad.

I want to ride this SO bad...

...but I think I will totally regret it. I have no problems with FoP or Mission Space (Green, NOT Orange...never tried it). I can do Everest once (that backward uphill in the dark throws me out of whack for a while), and the Teacups and even Astro Orbiter are a no-go. I can't do Space Mountain because it is too hard on my neck. I was wobbly-kneed and needed assistance going down the exit ramp the one and only time that I rode Primeval Whirl at AK. (My family affectionately dubbed it "Primeval Hurl" after I rode it.) I couldn't walk straight for almost a half-hour! Last year, I rode Remy and I was getting really tipsy and disoriented during that ride too. I had to look down at my feet to get my bearings. I can handle Star Tours if I look at the floor, but I also have a touch of claustrophobia so that is really a ride I only do if I am travelling with one of my kids and they need someone to ride with them. (Oh, the love of a mother:hug:)

Based on that, I am almost 100% sure that GotG would be catastrophic for my equilibrium and would probably knock me out of commission for the day. I am SO bummed about this because I was really looking forward to this ride and I was so hoping that it wouldn't be THAT bad.
I could have written this myself - exact same responses to those rides - between the backwards & screens & spinning...ugh :(! I hate it but I'm going to give this one a pass - incredibly bummed as it does look fantastic!

I could have written this myself - exact same responses to those rides - between the backwards & screens & spinning...ugh :(! I hate it but I'm going to give this one a pass - incredibly bummed as it does look fantastic!
I have no problems with FoP or Mission Space (Green, NOT Orange...never tried it). I can do Everest once (that backward uphill in the dark throws me out of whack for a while), and the Teacups and even Astro Orbiter are a no-go. I can't do Space Mountain because it is too hard on my neck.
Three on a match here. Even watching teacups can make my stomach flop.

I posted earlier here after i gave G a go a couple of more times on different days (and continued to use the non drowsy Dramamine), it’s become one of my favorites. Still, wouldn’t do it on repeat, even if i could.

I’ve used scopolamine patch on many cruises, however, not a fan of the rebound effect once you’ve disembarked. It hits me as having seasickness on dry land for a few days. :confused3 Switched to just taking the OTC pills when seas are a bit rough.

while taking the OTC pills on several occasions @ G, have discovered that there appears to be a distinct window of opportunity as to the dosing with the OTC That works best for me. approx 1 hour prior to call back time. YMMV.

I rode Guardians twice over Labor Day weekend. I was a little worried as spinning rides are a complete no go for me - no tea cups! Also, I have on occasion had issues with screen based rides, though none at Disney have bothered me in the past. I had no issues with Guardians at all. None! It was so much fun and is so smooth. It's probably my favorite thrill ride right now. I've read that the position of the car you're in can make a difference. The first time I was in a middle car and the second time the very first car, so I don't know if that had any impact on my experience. I cannot wait to ride it again when we are back in Dec.

So I was given this tip from a few people who work there and some friends who also get motion sickness. Ask to sit in the front seat so you can focus on the track, that seems to really help most people.
A better tip would be not to ride it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter