Guardians Monsters after Dark

iheartcoasters

Earning My Ears
Is this ride scary? My son doesn't really like space mountain ghost galaxy, and I was wondering if this was similar. We've been on Guardians before, and he didn't like it but is willing to try it again. We will ride during the day, but I wanted to ride the after dark version too. I don't really want to find a YouTube video because I'd like to remain surprised. If it comes down to it, I will of course. Just hoping for some parental views and opinions. Thanks :)

My four-year-old really enjoys the regular GOTG (she's been on it about six times in the past few weeks), but we didn't take her for the Monsters After Dark overlay, and I'm glad we didn't. The heavy metal "MONSTERS AFTER DARRRRKKKK" song alone would have been way too intense for her. The monster is rather alarming, too. I think she would have been freaked out and then maybe wouldn't have wanted to ride the regular version anymore, either, which would be a shame.

She also loves regular Space Mountain, but we aren't trying Ghost Galaxy for the same reason. YMMV.

My just turned 10 year old rode twice this past weekend (once on Thursday and once on Saturday). Mission Breakout is his favorite ride at this point, but he has some sensory issues so based on what I knew I had him prepared for the worst in terms of noise and strobing lights. The queue was much tamer than expected, but there was a moment that startled him. When we got off he said that he was never riding again. 30 minutes later after we talked about the experience it was suddenly his favorite ride ever. He really liked the song even though he's never been exposed to death metal before this. Also, while he didn't love Ghost Galaxy at age 7 & 8, he loved it this year, but I think part of it was that he knows what to expect.

Monsters After Dark is definitely scarier than GotG imo. And, for what it's worth, Ghost Galaxy is freakishly scary. It's horror movie scary. We just got back and I felt like DL doesn't play around when it comes to the fear factor! We learned that the hard way with our 9 yr old. WDW rides seem milder to me.

Thanks everyone for your replies! This really does help. I'm thinking we will ride during the day and save the after dark version for the last night of our trip. I'll talk with him about how its scary and see if he wants to try. I was starting to think it was a bit scary, when i saw the ads for it. I'm fine with having some scary rides ( I really miss Alien Encounter in WDW) , just want to be forewarned :) :) :)

I think they really pulled back on Ghost Galaxy this year it seems way less scary than it had been 2 years before.

My kids 5&7 loved the MAD version and weren't scared at all (although hear are kids that also loved SMGG from when they were 4 too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter