Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

I'm not a religious guy at all, but I'm still PRAYING that they drop the VQ before our planned ten day WDW trip this October! I can just see us coming out of ten full park days without even getting one ride on the new coaster...

If I want to play the damn lottery, I'll buy a scrath off ticket!

As for ILL, I just know they'll all be gone in 1.4 seconds. So what are the odds that we'll have a standby line by October?
I think Rise of the Resistance debuted 12/5/19 and finally went to standby 11/22/21. Ratatouille, by comparison, debuted 10/1/21 and went to standby 1/10/22. My guess is that GotG will fall somewhere in between for conversion from VQ to SB. The demand for GotG will be higher than Rat was. We had decent luck with VQs but don't normally like to reserve EP days.

I think Rise of the Resistance debuted 12/5/19 and finally went to standby 11/22/21. Ratatouille, by comparison, debuted 10/1/21 and went to standby 1/10/22. My guess is that GotG will fall somewhere in between for conversion from VQ to SB. The demand for GotG will be higher than Rat was. We had decent luck with VQs but don't normally like to reserve EP days.
This isn't entirely accurate, it was 9/23/21 that it went to standby.
But I agree, that I don't expect GotG to be standby anytime soon.

Has it been released yet how fast the coaster is? Ive got two girls that are very hesitant. They have not ridden RnR or Space Mountain. They both love big thunder and seven dwarfs.

Has it been released yet how fast the coaster is? Ive got two girls that are very hesitant. They have not ridden RnR or Space Mountain. They both love big thunder and seven dwarfs.
I'm unsure of how fast it is but I would say it feels like a combination of Space Mountain and Everest with a little bit of Escape from Gringotts at Universal (in terms of the rotating ride vehicles). I don't think the backwards launch is as intense as the one at Rockin. It's definitely more intense than Big Thunder and Mine Train.

How are the drops specifically on this. I very much dislike the drop on 7DMT (yes I'm a drop baby😅) but forced myself to do it. I love big thunder mountain and have no problem with those drops and have 0 problem with motion sickness/turning cars/backwards launch but just hate the drop feeling itself.

I know people have compared it to Space but I haven't gotten to ride that yet.

Last edited:
I can remember being 16 and being terrified of the Pirates of Caribbean drop . I was very worried about Cosmic Rewind but kept telling myself the lap bar meant it was not going to be very dangerous . I went on it twice so far and will have one more preview chance with castmember friend. I would describe it as thrilling but not intense and so much fun!
Apparently the castmembers at final boarding can place you in a certain row number if you ask them for the safest journey cause you are first time .

Also expect this to be so popular they won’t need single riders or standby ever! At least until Tron arrives …

Am I right in thinking we're a day away from this opening and still don't know the pricing for the $ILL?

Am I right in thinking we're a day away from this opening and still don't know the pricing for the $ILL?
I would not necessarily expect to know the actual price until they go live. When Genie started in October, all we got was a range until they went live that first day.

My understanding is that it's going to open as a virtual queue, which will give them time to figure out what they can charge.

Also expect this to be so popular they won’t need single riders or standby ever! At least until Tron arrives …
The single-rider line is usually the opposite - they open it if the ride is popular (ie, when the line is long). For a lot of rides, the single-rider line is closed if the standby line is under 20 minutes.

But the truth here - with newer coasters (two seats per row), Disney has made a single-rider line unnecessary. They now split all parties into even-numbered groups and odd-numbered groups, then put 2 odd-numbered groups together. (Slinky Dog does this and doesn't have single-rider. Guardians does the same - I don't remember seeing a single-rider line.)

My understanding is that it's going to open as a virtual queue, which will give them time to figure out what they can charge.
They already know the VQ is going to fill up in under a minute tomorrow morning. There aren't really any statistics to learn tomorrow - they could easily set ILL at $20 and it would sell out. (The surprise would be if they set it at $20 and it didn't sell out.)

Didn’t see a single rider line either. They do call out for groups of 2 or individuals to fill a car before they send it off, but that is when you’re already at the loading point.

They already know the VQ is going to fill up in under a minute tomorrow morning. There aren't really any statistics to learn tomorrow - they could easily set ILL at $20 and it would sell out. (The surprise would be if they set it at $20 and it didn't sell out.)

This is the question. Are they going to leave money on the table (they did with Rise which could have been 20/25 or more) or are they going to go for it with “surge” type pricing and take the flack.

When I rode as a single rider, at the end of the queue they simply stood us singles to the side and pulled from us as needed, if we waited more than 1 car, they put 2 singles together, so you weren't standing there long.

When I rode as a single rider, at the end of the queue they simply stood us singles to the side and pulled from us as needed, if we waited more than 1 car, they put 2 singles together, so you weren't standing there long.
When I rode for our preview they put the single riders down one lane and the rest of the riders down the other. I was put with another single rider right away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter