Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind going to a standby queue anytime soon?

MerlinandtheMouse

DIS Veteran
Just curious when people think GotG might introduce the standby line? It’s been open for over a year and a half so I figure soon-ish, no?

We love this ride and honestly wouldn’t mind waiting an hour-ish to ride but hate that we’re only limited to 2x a day, the first we have to pay for and the other based on a chance you hit virtual queue quick enough.

It's probably when they think it can handle a standby queue without it being overflowing, which means when the virtual queue doesn't completely fill up on the regular.
Yeah that makes sense. Although, I could be wrong here but doesn’t that usually only happen when another E-ticket opens with enough pull to lessen the demand on the previous ride? With Epcot, I assume that’ll be while?

My theory is that beyond queue management, Disney really likes the virtual queue for guardians because it forces many of us to pick Epcot as our morning park so we have the best possible chance of virtual queue success. If not for the ride, we would spend our mornings elsewhere and amble over in the evening for dinner.

My theory is that beyond queue management, Disney really likes the virtual queue for guardians because it forces many of us to pick Epcot as our morning park so we have the best possible chance of virtual queue success. If not for the ride, we would spend our mornings elsewhere and amble over in the evening for dinner.
Never thought of that that’s valid, thanks!

I guess I hadn't thought of that, how will VQ sign-ups work when park reservations end in January? Will they go back to needing to be physically in the park to get one? I remember pre-Covid standing in line to rope drop TSMM waiting for the VQ to open for RotR with hundreds of other people... sweet memories!

I guess I hadn't thought of that, how will VQ sign-ups work when park reservations end in January? Will they go back to needing to be physically in the park to get one? I remember pre-Covid standing in line to rope drop TSMM waiting for the VQ to open for RotR with hundreds of other people... sweet memories!
Good question!

Oh man, I’m a night owl who has been grumbling for 2 years about waking before 7AM to do the VQ and/or first FP selection….but then at least I get to sleep another hour after my heart rate slows down. Having to actually be in the park by opening hour every day of the trip would be so much worse. 😵‍💫

Oh man, I’m a night owl who has been grumbling for 2 years about waking before 7AM to do the VQ and/or first FP selection….but then at least I get to sleep another hour after my heart rate slows down. Having to actually be in the park by opening hour every day of the trip would be so much worse. 😵‍💫
Saaaame! In my excitement that park pass reservations are going away just in time for my mid-January family trip (semi-excitement since I’m an AP 😒) I forgot about having to be in park now to get on a virtual queue. Maybe they’ll allow everyone to join any VQ at 7am? Long shot but I don’t think I’d mind if they did that.

At this time Disney has not made any official announcements about how VQs will work once park reservations are no longer required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter