• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians of the Galaxy for ride chickens

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
Hey everyone. My family and I were lucky enough to get a boarding group for Guardians and I had done some light research on this ride before hand just making sure it didn't go upside down and to just get an idea of what we would be experiencing. I can easily handle rides like slinky, big thunder, test track, flight of passage. But everest for example is very borderline for me. Tower of terror or rock n roller coaster are too much. One of the biggest surprises for me was that it is a roller coaster. When reading about this ride online, I don't recall reading anything about it being a roller coaster. So I was a bit thrown off about this and therefore when I realized i was on a roller coaster, my anxiety and nerves kinda hit me. I'm partially glad I didn't know this in advance because I might not have gotten on at all. That being said, I did survive. It is intense most of the time, chaotic and loud and pretty dark. At some points you can see the track and how it turns and you realize you are pretty high up in the air. You do feel like your twisting and turning a lot and you cannot see much of where you are about to go next. So my thoughts on this is that i liked it but I don't know if I'd go on again because it did scare me. I honestly got off the ride saying OMG I can't believe I just rode that because it was different from what i expected. I honestly thought it was just a ride that goes along a track close to the floor and the seats tilt to the sides while going through different scenes and that it was fast. But for anyone who isn't sure about what they will be experiencing, I just wanted to give my thoughts so you aren't caught off guard if this isnt your thing. For the most part, my family of 6 enjoyed it except for my 13 year old son who was terrified and most wished they could go on it again.

On a side note, we booked our passes at 7am and i know how much the app is glitchy so I took a screen shot just in case and luckily I did because later on when I went back into the app, it only showed it for 5 of us and was missing one person. When I got to the boarding area, I spoke to a Cast member and explained to her what had happened and she didn't even ask to see the screen shot. She automatically took care of it and added the 6th person to our boarding group. Cast memebers are amazing!

I know the feeling! We did know it was a roller coaster, but we weren't prepared for how dark and intense it would be. Only DH and I rode it, partly to preview it for our adult kids, who don't like intense rides. DH felt a little motion sick, I was fine by just looking whatever way the car faced, and the cool air blowing on me. We were lucky and had the Blondie song that we liked, so that helped. We're glad we went on once, really enjoyed the humorous moments with the Guardians. Not sure we'll go on again though. We were both shaking when we got off from how intense it was.

I was very shaken from my first ride on Guardians. Didn’t get up the courage to ride it again until 10 months later. Second ride felt much more manageable because I knew what was coming. Even managed a third ride in the same trip. Got to see more, cry less on each ride lol.

I lean on the ride anxious side. It’s not what I’m experiencing that bothers me, it’s more a fear imaging what’s to come.

After slowly adding scary rides each trip, I got more comfortable after learning exactly what to expect. One issue solved then another replaced it- My aging body along with aging coaster tracks like Space Mtn and RnRC. They’d slam my spine around too much.

To me Guardians is butter smooth and complete ecstasy the whole time. Something about it I cannot get enough.

Putting this out there for those with similar issues. I’d say at least give it one try. It is a work of soul touching art.

I took my mom. When it was over I looked at her & said "well?". She says "I didn't know it was a roller coaster".

I was like MOM what did you think was happening in the loading area & when we were getting in the car & what was going to happen? She said I don't know I just went with it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: We still laugh to this day about that.

I admit I don't watch ride videos prior. I take my motion pills & go with it. I like coasters though so not much will bother me as long as my Dramamine works. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Also the seats are bigger & comfortable compared to other rides so I definitely enjoy that 5 minutes I get off my feet!

I'm trying to get the courage to ride it again this summer. I was so disoriented the first time I rode it. Not nauseous, disoriented. Like my brain couldn't comprehend what was going on. I hated it.

Everyone else in my party loved it, so I'd like to try it one more time to make up my mind.

I have neck issues so am wondering if it’s a jerky ride that has sudden stops or is it pretty smooth?

I understand wanting to be surprised by a ride, but I'm really curious. if you read about Cosmic Rewind beforehand, how did you not know that was a rollercoaster? Were you reading comments just on this site or actual news and/or blog sites about it? I just typed "cosmic rewind disney" into Google, and the first six results have "coaster" in the first sentence.

I was very shaken from my first ride on Guardians. Didn’t get up the courage to ride it again until 10 months later. Second ride felt much more manageable because I knew what was coming. Even managed a third ride in the same trip. Got to see more, cry less on each ride lol.
I think I left my soul on that ride LOL! I screamed my head off, while laughing hysterically LOL :)

We were on it last March. I hated every second and will never go again. To me it was too jerky back and forth, up and down, too unpredictable, too loud, too everything. I love tower of terror and rock and roll roller coaster but hate Everest and space mountain. I was nauseous for an hour after.

I understand wanting to be surprised by a ride, but I'm really curious. if you read about Cosmic Rewind beforehand, how did you not know that was a rollercoaster? Were you reading comments just on this site or actual news and/or blog sites about it? I just typed "cosmic rewind disney" into Google, and the first six results have "coaster" in the first sentence.

If you are asking me, my mom is not a Disney fanatic like us :laughing: I have the AP, I take her around the parks when she visits, I say what do you want to do, here's a new ride & off we go. To be fair we were jumping topics while in line talking about all the rides & new things & what not so she was just like whatever going along with it.

Heck, the ads for it played the song "Love Rollercoaster" by the Ohio Players...

Glad you survived.

We were on it last March. I hated every second and will never go again. To me it was too jerky back and forth, up and down, too unpredictable, too loud, too everything. I love tower of terror and rock and roll roller coaster but hate Everest and space mountain. I was nauseous for an hour after.
This is similar to my experience. I didn't find it jerky, but the unpredictability and intensity got to me.

I had also done a lot of research on Cosmic Rewind, and I saw a lot of people ranking it as equal in intensity or even slightly less intense than Everest. So I thought, well I like Everest! So no problem! My only absolute no-gos are ToT and RnRC.

To me, GotG was SO much more intense than Everest that it wasn't even comparable, and aside from a few seconds in the middle where you're just going straight while facing forward, there was no respite from the curving and car spinning and pressure. I still had fun, it's an amazing ride, and I'm glad I went, but I'm not sure I could handle it again. I thought almost immediately up[on the ride staring, "Oh boy, this was a mistake."

I thought it was pretty smooth. I would say Space Mountain is more jerky and throws you around even though it's not as fast.

I have neck issues so am wondering if it’s a jerky ride that has sudden stops or is it pretty smooth?
I don't remember it being jerky but there is spinning (not teacups fast but it spins) and ...well it may put pressure on your neck. There's no side to side jerkiness.

I read about the ride beforehand and had seen videos but it still completely surprised me with how you feel like you're just moving through the air without knowing where you're going. I think the rear of the ride is a different experience somewhat from being towards the front but I can't remember how now!

I rode Everest the day after cosmic rewind and Everest actually seemed more tame and less intense. I did not like the feeling of flying around in the air on Guardians. It did not make anyone in my group sick at all. But the feeling of being so out of control and like my body had been picked up by a tornado and flying around seemed too intense. I feel as though Everest is the ride that is my limit but this one seemed worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter