• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Guardians of the Galaxy Land is possibly coming to Hollywood Studios

disneysource11

Mouseketeer
I’ve been hearing that Hollywood will get Gotg instead of Epcot. Disney likes doing overlays of attractions (Tower) and/or using already established rides (Toy Story) as the first piece to the puzzle. It is much cheaper to have an already constructed ride as the first of 3 attractions for a new area.

Mission Breakout (originally Tower) – It will be like the Cali one, except it comes off the tracks and you get to see different creatures and objects collected by the Collector.

Awesome Mix Coaster (RnR) – random songs are played as you blast off through an asteroid field.

Groot Chutelike the army men attraction in Walt Disney Studios in Paris. The big version of Groot is the centerpiece for this one.

Galaxy Dance Party (villains building) – a disco-like setting where you can meet the characters.

Last edited:
hmm... i wouldn't mind seeing aerosmith out the window, but i seriously doubt this. for one, mission breakout already has random songs from the awesome mix as its gimmick, so it would be redundant to have both it and a RnRC overlay. also, the hollywood tower has basically displaced the chinese theater as the park's central icon, so replacing it would not only throw off the entire theme but also completely negate sunset boulevard. (granted i wouldn't put that PAST them, but still.) and per universal's deal there's a marketing blackout for any marvel content within 300 miles of orlando, so not being able to advertise two of their biggest ticket attractions would definitely be a hassle. i'd be absolutely surprised if this plan came to fruition

I’ve been hearing that Hollywood will get Gotg instead of Epcot. Disney likes doing overlays of attractions (Tower) and/or using already established rides (Toy Story) as the first piece to the puzzle. It is much cheaper to have an already constructed ride as the first of 3 attractions for a new area.

Mission Breakout (originally Tower) – It will be like the Cali one, except it comes off the tracks and you get to see different creatures and objects collected by the Collector.

Awesome Mix Coaster (RnR) – random songs are played as you blast off through an asteroid field.

Groot Chute – like the army men attraction in Walt Disney Studios in Paris. The big version of Groot is the centerpiece for this one.

Dance Party (villains building) – a disco-like setting where you can meet the characters.

First I have heard this, what is your source?

He or She says that their relative works for Disney.

I don't know what the contract says about using Marvel characters, but I love the idea. It is a suitable replacement for both Tower and Rock.

But knowing how slow Disney construction works the Guardians films series will probably be done.

He or She says that their relative works for Disney.

I don't know what the contract says about using Marvel characters, but I love the idea. It is a suitable replacement for both Tower and Rock.

But knowing how slow Disney construction works the Guardians films series will probably be done.
If they touch the studios version of tower I'll riot. RnR probably could use a touch up at some point though

Also they would have to most likely retheme the entire sunset boulevard area if they wanted to do this (or they should at least) and while that's possible it seems like a waste of money when the area is pretty successful as it is right now

If they touch the studios version of tower I'll riot. RnR probably could use a touch up at some point though

Also they would have to most likely retheme the entire sunset boulevard area if they wanted to do this (or they should at least) and while that's possible it seems like a waste of money when the area is pretty successful as it is right now

That's true about sunset, they may not want to change it. But like you said Aerosmith definitely does need some TLC. Steven Tyler still looked like a dude back then, now he looks like a lady.

That's true about sunset, they may not want to change it. But like you said Aerosmith definitely does need some TLC. Steven Tyler still looked like a dude back then, now he looks like a lady.
I see what you did there

Aerosmith is on their farewell tour or going on it shortly, so now would be a prime time to reimagine the ride

Another question about guardians is the staying power. Like I said before it's a fun series and I enjoy the humor, but are people going to still care about it in 20 years?

Another question about guardians is the staying power. Like I said before it's a fun series and I enjoy the humor, but are people going to still care about it in 20 years?

Good question, I guess Disney could always change the cast and keep it going. Rocket and Groot can continue on with new characters. Because it doesn't matter how old Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel get, their just the voices. They could be as old as Stan Lee and keep doing it.

Good question, I guess Disney could always change the cast and keep it going. Rocket and Groot can continue on with new characters. Because it doesn't matter how old Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel get, their just the voices. They could be as old as Stan Lee and keep doing it.
I'm just really curious what they do after the current marvel universe wraps up. Doesn't it "end" after infinity war? What then?

I'm just really curious what they do after the current marvel universe wraps up. Doesn't it "end" after infinity war? What then?

There is at least another 10-15 years of Marvel movies left. After Spiderman and Black Panther this year comes Infinity Wars plus Ant-Man and the Wasp net year. In 2019 another Avengers movie is scheduled (was called Infinity Wars pt. 2 but that changed), a Captain Marvel movie, and a second spiderman in the MCU. Guardians 3, Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, will all be in line after that. The Executive Producer of the MCU has said they have plans through at least 2030.

None of this is to say they should redo that section of the park to be GotG, but the MCU isn't going anywhere soon.

GOTG 3 will be after Infinity War as will new Dr Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies. Lots more storylines to see.

There is at least another 10-15 years of Marvel movies left. After Spiderman and Black Panther this year comes Infinity Wars plus Ant-Man and the Wasp net year. In 2019 another Avengers movie is scheduled (was called Infinity Wars pt. 2 but that changed), a Captain Marvel movie, and a second spiderman in the MCU. Guardians 3, Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, will all be in line after that. The Executive Producer of the MCU has said they have plans through at least 2030.

None of this is to say they should redo that section of the park to be GotG, but the MCU isn't going anywhere soon.

Appreciate the clarification from both of you!

Groot Chute – like the army men attraction in Walt Disney Studios in Paris. The big version of Groot is the centerpiece for this one.

Dance Party (villains building) – a disco-like setting where you can meet the characters.
you and your "sources" don't seem to be doing all that well.....

Per multiple insiders, and Chapek, himself ToT is safe in WDW.
we have one insider with solid history from WDWMagic.com that states WDW may not get GotG at all now, that any marvel push in WDW could be held off, he can't expand on why yet.

RnR is way over due for a redo, and I for one would be really okay with GotG restaged there, especially with the music they use. But have not heard a peep from anyone on this so far.

Where is Groot going to go? By all reports no further expansion is planned for DHS after Mickey, SWE and TSL. Maybe ONE ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter