• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians virtual queue.

Do people have success with hotel wifi or turning it off and using cell? I was successful twice with ROTR last time and I *think* I turned off WiFi because that was what was suggested. But I can’t remember for sure.
It didn’t make a difference for me. Was successful with and with out wifi
we have verizon

I'm sure somewhere in these 9 pages it's here, but let's try.....if you forget the extra cost of ILL, what method is the highest probability of getting a slot? At 7am...do you try VQ, or do you just go to Tip Board and get ILL? 2nd...I will be on property at 7am, but my party will not until later...can I still book for my whole party at 7am?? Thank you so much in advance.

I'm sure somewhere in these 9 pages it's here, but let's try.....if you forget the extra cost of ILL, what method is the highest probability of getting a slot? At 7am...do you try VQ, or do you just go to Tip Board and get ILL? 2nd...I will be on property at 7am, but my party will not until later...can I still book for my whole party at 7am?? Thank you so much in advance.
Seems the ILL last a while so I’d say try for the queue for free and then if not you can pay.

I've read that like prior rides, you cannot get VQ for Guardians at 7am, and then another at 1pm. Does this also apply to the EEH VQ for Deluxe Resort guests? Meaning, am I ineligible at the later drop (7pm?), if I received one earlier in the day?

What if I purchased ILL for Guardians earlier? Would that also make me ineligible for the EEH VQ drop?

Lastly, is it possible to purchase 2 different ILL time slots for Guardians, for all the same guests, on the same day? If I remember correctly, 2 ILL per day is the max, but I can't remember if you can use both for the same ride.

Most posts reporting booking both VQ and ILL$ for GotG seem to have 2 people working on it, one assigned to VQ and the other to ILL$. They can be signed in to the same or different MDE accounts, doesn’t matter.

And the 7 AM booking can be done from anywhere in the world that you can connect to MDE. You don’t have to be onsite. So if the other members of your party will have access to MDE and an internet connection at 7, y’all could share booking duties as above. In any case, they don’t have to be onsite for you to book for them.

I've read that like prior rides, you cannot get VQ for Guardians at 7am, and then another at 1pm. Does this also apply to the EEH VQ for Deluxe Resort guests? Meaning, am I ineligible at the later drop (7pm?), if I received one earlier in the day?

What if I purchased ILL for Guardians earlier? Would that also make me ineligible for the EEH VQ drop?

Lastly, is it possible to purchase 2 different ILL time slots for Guardians, for all the same guests, on the same day? If I remember correctly, 2 ILL per day is the max, but I can't remember if you can use both for the same ride.
Yes, you can get a VQ for DEEH the same day you get a 7 or 1 o’clock VQ. You cannot purchase 2 ILL$ for the same ride the same day, only for 2 different rides.

From reports, if you are eligible for EEH, you can try for a BG at 6pm regardless of if you have gotten it at 7 OR 1 and/or have gotten ILL.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. You can get 2 ILLs/day, but NOT for the same ride.

I didn’t get it but the 1 pm boarding groups lasted a lot longer today. I saw at 1:15 they were available when I checked the app (I was going to the Magic Kingdom in the later afternoon and the return time was around 7 pm) and heard an announcement around 2 that they were gone for the day.

Just got back from a week long trip. Our party of 3 got a VQ and $LL on Thursday. I secured the VQ first, then got the $LL

We had a party of 11. Had two days with EPCOT park reservations and was able to get VQ on both at 7am. Did the same steps as before with Rise when that was VQ. REbooted phone, didn't do Wifi, separate ipad on time.gov. Selected everyone for the boarding group.
at 6:59:55 would start hitting refresh on two phones. One would work, then hit join.
Snagged with boarding 9 and then the second day with boarding group 17.
Did a Epcot evening hours with 6pm drop as well. But that one wouldn't let me do all 11 (didn't matter as only 6 wanted to ride).

We didn't do ILL.

AMAZING ride! Was very worried about motion sickness but wasn't an issue at all (I can tolerate Green on mission space but only once).

VQ first
ILL will go fast but they will last longer than VQ.
Best advice have second person do ILL but if there’s only one click it as soon as you’ve done VQ
That method worked for me opening weekend

Confirming, definitely VQ first. If you are good with that, and you get a BG, you are done.
If you're staying onsite you can book ILL right after trying for the VQ.
If you're offsite, the odds are you won't get an ILL because you have to wait until park opening, but definitely try.

as noted re the other question, you can't buy two ILLs on one day for the same attraction, so you're limited to one for GOTG that day.

Once your BG has been called and you actually enter the line, how long is the line taking if riding with VQ/BG rather than ILL?

Once your BG has been called and you actually enter the line, how long is the line taking if riding with VQ/BG rather than ILL?
When we ride last weekend it was 30 min or less each time, the longest being when one side went down. Even then it wasn’t longer than 30 min

PS. I only count till the pre show. I consider the time once you enter pre show “the ride”. Including the booth pre shows

We rode it twice last week. The first time was from the VQ and it gave us a time of 3:40. I'd say it took 30-40 minutes to get on the ride. Later that afternoon, we had ILL. We walked right in and to the first video room. It was way faster.

It was way faster.

But you miss the set up of the whole premise of the ride in the ILL. The pre-show starts what is the ultimate part of the Xandar exhibit - the queue leads up to it and builds the whole themeing.

Will I ride it with ILL? Yes - because I love it. BUT I'm definitely going for VQ (assuming it stays that way through August) because IMHO the queue is an integral part of the ride.

But you miss the set up of the whole premise of the ride in the ILL. The pre-show starts what is the ultimate part of the Xandar exhibit - the queue leads up to it and builds the whole themeing.

Will I ride it with ILL? Yes - because I love it. BUT I'm definitely going for VQ (assuming it stays that way through August) because IMHO the queue is an integral part of the ride.
I wonder if you have paid for ILL but ask to go through the standby if they would really turn you down. I suspect not.

With my trigger finger pilot don-in-law this am, he got BG 38, while I snagged Remy. It was called very shortly after park open. We went at 2:30, and it was no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter