Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

As I understand it, Deluxe guests can try for the EEH VQ at 6pm even if they got a VQ at 7 or 1. (And you can also buy one ILL so a Deluxe guest could potentially ride it thrice on an EEH day.)
Correct
Each guest can get, at least try for
1 VQ
1 ILL
In addition Deluxe guests can get, or try for
Extra hours VQ
All in the same day, if offered

Is GotG pretty consistently making it through all boarding groups before park close? Or can the later boarding groups expect to possibly not be called as with RotR?

Also...are most boarding groups from the 7M drop earlier in the day before the bulk of 1:00 boarding groups?
It is. It doesn’t suffer from near the down time issues as Rise. Rise is a much more complex ride with many more moving parts that must work in unison. When one piece goes down then whole thing goes. With Guardians it’s more a traditional coaster. While yes a more techy version it doesn’t have so many scenes like Rise does. As long as the cars are running on the track it’s up. So far that’s been going well, knock on wood. It does go down, don’t get me wrong, just not nearly like Rise

It's nothing automatic.

The QR code just takes you to a landing page. If you're on your phone, there will be a link that opens the app, which will open a GOTG Attraction Photos page that tells you how to check your settings.

The QR code takes you here:
http://qr.disneyworld.com/PhotoPassReminderGuardians?r=qr

The QR code:

View attachment 674684

To get to the app page without the QR code, open the app, click on the Map tab, switch to PhotoPass in the dropdown at the top, find Guardians on the app, click the icon there, and click on the title that pops up.

The app page says the following:
Just telling folks how it worked on my iPhone 13proMax which has all permissions set to get other photos, and did get other photos, on other rides
Didn’t scan cube on first ride
Didn’t get first ride photo
Scanned cube
Got all rides photos from that point

I say automatic because I scanned the cube, it opened what needed to be opened and settings were done that needed to be done. Seemed automatic to me. The code took me there without me figuring out where to go myself. My definition of automatic

It is. It doesn’t suffer from near the down time issues as Rise. Rise is a much more complex ride with many more moving parts that must work in unison. When one piece goes down then whole thing goes. With Guardians it’s more a traditional coaster. While yes a more techy version it doesn’t have so many scenes like Rise does. As long as the cars are running on the track it’s up. So far that’s been going well, knock on wood. It does go down, don’t get me wrong, just not nearly like Rise

I think it's "down time" (which seems to be slower time when it goes to one side for boarding) is more related to cleaning protein spills. Having 2 sides helps with that though as if it becomes an issue, they can direct the trains needing cleaning to one side so the other can keep loading.

I think it's "down time" (which seems to be slower time when it goes to one side for boarding) is more related to cleaning protein spills. Having 2 sides helps with that though as if it becomes an issue, they can direct the trains needing cleaning to one side so the other can keep loading.
I’m sure that is some no doubt
I’ve personally experienced both one side down and ride going totally down, lights on, evacuation off both trains/cars/coasters, whatever the vehicle is called
Even when lights came in and our car was evacuated it was back up in about an hour
Though took us about 30 min to get released. Maintenance has to come lock the cars in place before they can let the guests get out

I’m sure that is some no doubt
I’ve personally experienced both one side down and ride going totally down, lights on, evacuation off both trains/cars/coasters, whatever the vehicle is called
Even when lights came in and our car was evacuated it was back up in about an hour
Though took us about 30 min to get released. Maintenance has to come lock the cars in place before they can let the guests get out

I wasn't saying cleaning protein spills was the only reason - it just seems like since most reports are one side down that is probably a lot of the down time. I have no doubt that there will be times it goes down for mechanical reasons - it's a complex machine!

Did they give y'all a re-do after the evacuation or was it "Sorry, but..."?

I wasn't saying cleaning protein spills was the only reason - it just seems like since most reports are one side down that is probably a lot of the down time. I have no doubt that there will be times it goes down for mechanical reasons - it's a complex machine!

Did they give y'all a re-do after the evacuation or was it "Sorry, but..."?
We were walked back in and could ride as soon as it was back up

We were successful at the 7 am drop all three days of our trip! Our perfect VQ record stands! All the old tips worked for us. Woohoo!
Happy for you! Would you be able to share the old tips that worked? This is our first trip back in 3 years and first time using the VQ. Thanks you!

Happy for you! Would you be able to share the old tips that worked? This is our first trip back in 3 years and first time using the VQ. Thanks you!
I’m sure someone has a much more complete and eloquent list on these threads, but here’s a synopsis:

shut down all other apps, open Disney app, make sure everyone is logged in, select your group, make sure you know which is faster WiFi or cell in your area, watch atomic clock or second hand on the Apple clock app, hit refresh at 6:59:58-59 and join as quickly as possible.

I’m sure someone has a much more complete and eloquent list on these threads, but here’s a synopsis:

shut down all other apps, open Disney app, make sure everyone is logged in, select your group, make sure you know which is faster WiFi or cell in your area, watch atomic clock or second hand on the Apple clock app, hit refresh at 6:59:58-59 and join as quickly as possible.
Thank you :). Wondering ... If we have 3 people trying for VQ and ILL is it ok to be logged into the same MDE account? Or should we each have our own?

I did all the above but didn't shut down all apps
I never bother with that, never think to
Disney makes the selection part super easy now (provided everything goes off glitch free). Unfortunately, there's little to do to know if you'll have any party glitches in advance. They are rare, it seems. Advice, if you are missing someone from your party who is otherwise valid (has reservation and ticket) proceed without them. Stop at a blue umbrella in the park, explain the issue. They are typically accommodating and have a way to add the missing member. Don't let the missing member(s) stop you from trying with those who are showing as available
Sometime after 6 AM, open MDE, click VQ, confirm everyone in your party is preselected.
Normal default action for MDE now is to preselect all members of your group who have valid admission and park reservations for that day
Deselect any NOT needing a slot that day
I use Time.gov to track the time vs my apple watch but it needs the 2nd device. Either one works equally as well
The key is be ready at 6:59:59 to refresh the button so at 7:00 on the dot you get the Join Queue button to go live. If you wait for your clock on your device to say 7:00 and then click refresh you are a second behind and some days, that second means you are too late for the Join Queue, they'll be gone by the time you get it

How old are your MBs?

I have many, but I used my most recent ones both times (each less than a year old) & neither captured it. Oh well... It's not end of the world for me, but I since I pay extra for Photopass now it would be nice to get something.

I did finally get a response to the request from almost a month ago & got the 1st picture. I was surprised when that popped up in my pictures yesterday.

I have many, but I used my most recent ones both times (each less than a year old) & neither captured it. Oh well... It's not end of the world for me, but I since I pay extra for Photopass now it would be nice to get something.

I did finally get a response to the request from almost a month ago & got the 1st picture. I was surprised when that popped up in my pictures yesterday.
Yeah they should have worked if they were that new. We only had 1 photo not show up for us personally with brand new bands (purchased in March worn in May) but we stopped by the photopass people in Epcot, told them the time and they found it and linked it up (it was test track).

We had old bands from 2017 but didn't want to worry so much about if they would actually capture all of our photos (which was the primary concern, we knew it would work for park admission) so that's why we got new ones.

On the other hand the guardians ride photo worked for our DISer friend the first time she went on it during an AP preview but it didn't connect to her account when she went during the DVC preview with both being the same day within hours of each other. The DVC preview is the one we went on and it hooked to my account just fine.

I do think there are just weird glitches every now and then but if it was consistent across enough rides I would point to something being up with the MBs itself.

Glad you at least got the first photo!

Thank you to all who answered and offered advice to my questions a week and a half ago. We adjusted plans a bit before our trip and then a bit during so we could have more opportunities on GotG. We ended up riding it 4 times over the course of our six days at Disney World.

Day 1: Did 7AM VQ and got BG 55. Original estimated callback 1:18 became 11:07.

Day 3: Intentionally opted for the 1PM VQ and got BG 125. Callback at 4:40. Also bought a 6PM ILL when it became available at 8:30AM for non-resort guests.

Day 6: Did 7AM VQ and got BG 1 (!!!). Estimated callback back was 8:42 at that point but became 8:10. Scanned in at 9:22.

As a bonus, we got a different song on each ride (September, Conga, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, and I Ran).

Appreciate all the help I got here and best of luck for those with upcoming trips. It's a fantastic ride!

Question, if I am only person managing plans for our group of 7 that will be awake at 7AM tomorrow morning should I try for ILL or VQ first? Does one go away faster than the other?

How long are ILL available for now? Are they going in seconds still like BGs, or do they last a bit longer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter