Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

I was at the park for the first VQ drop and got lucky with group 13, there is a refresh button but pulling the screen down to refresh seemed more consistent. The guy right next to me missed out and he was a vet of the early Rise VQ days so seems like they ran out incredibly fast.

Also was a little weird they let early entry people in the park at like 7:30 and kept everybody else at rope drop until a few minutes before 8:30.

I saw Craig but didn't try to stop him because it was during the mad rush to line up for merch lol.

IMG_20220527_073301407.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of a mad rush for merch, anyone notice if any items sold out super fast? I haven’t notice any I didn’t see but could easily miss some

So all the old tips for us worked this morning! We got BG 12. That’s good and bad as we got to the hotel at 3 am and promised the kids that they could go back to sleep after the BG trial and now we need to head in to the parks for a bit. I guess we will be testing the theory that you can be late to your BG just not early because we’re not going to make it in time :confused3:cool1:

ETA: yes, we were only about 30 minutes late, but even with the range of BG posted, the CM was just stating “boarding groups 30 and less”

Last edited:
I swear virtual was gone in like 5 seconds. I was able to refresh I think 3 times before iLL was gone. Not that I wouldn’t have gotten an error message if I was eligible. We have ressies tomorrow for Epcot. We’ll see how it goes
Same. I literally saw virtual gone BEFORE I even got to hit ILL$. That said when I did hit ILL$, I had many choices. Chose 740pm (yesterday was a travel day filled with weather delays). My payment failed six times but finally went through on an Amex of all things. I think Disney or Chase was having issues processing payments?

Ride was awesome. Hope to ride again on Monday!

I’m so confused. Please help with the rules for ILL. I’m staying off site. Am I ineligible for purchasing an ILL at 7:00 am? Or do I have to wait until park open?

I’m so confused. Please help with the rules for ILL. I’m staying off site. Am I ineligible for purchasing an ILL at 7:00 am? Or do I have to wait until park open?

Correct. Only WDW Resort guests (and a few select other properties I think) are eligible to purchase ILLs (for anything, not just Cosmic Rewind) at 7am.

Yes, as the previous poster stated, you are not eligible until park opening and they will be sold out by then

Thank you for your responses. There are ILLs available at 10:00 CST. I will remain optimistic. If I can’t ride, I’ll return 😀.

Not staying onsite. DME offered me the opportunity to pay $17 to ride at 8:46 instead of my VQ 86.

Or in addition to! It is worth AT LEAST 2 rides! Especially since you’ve already taken a VQ position.

Not staying onsite. DME offered me the opportunity to pay $17 to ride at 8:46 instead of my VQ 86.
Someone else reported getting that offer. It’s seems to be a new tactic to sell more ILL. Those that get a late VQ are offered a chance to buy an earlier slot via ILL. Even after they’ve stopped selling ILL. An important distinction. They aren’t selling ILL to all but will let some VQ upgrade their ride to an ILL

The reason they do this is two fold, to make money of course but there’s no guarantee later VQ spots will get on. If there are delays they could close before all VQ are fulfilled. It used to happen with Rise often at first especially. I do not believe Guardians is nearly as prone to down time. It’s no where near as technical with all those moving parts who coordinate

The reason they do this is two fold, to make money of course but there’s no guarantee later VQ spots will get on. If there are delays they could close before all VQ are fulfilled. It used to happen with Rise often at first especially. I do not believe Guardians is nearly as prone to down time. It’s no where near as technical with all those moving parts who coordinate
VQ 86 had a projected boarding time of 4:55, current projection is2:44. In this case make money is the reason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter