"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

Thank you for another wonderful trip report. I really enjoyed the way you describe everything. I haven't been to Universal for about 20 years. To be honest I didn't think I would want to take time out of our Disney trips to visit Universal Studios again. You're report has me thinking twice about that. We are going in February and we will be spending time in US and IOA. Can't wait to visit Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Thank you for reminding me that there are many other things to enjoy in Orlando. Loved all the pictures too.
Kim

Oh I think you`ll absolutely love it Kim, I`m thrilled to hear you`re going to visit! You might catch Mardi Gras depending on when you go. And you will see HUGE changes in all the time since your last visit.....I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed it when you come back.....

And thank you, I `m so glad you enjoyed it too, always a pleasure to see you post :-)

Thanks for taking us along on your travels. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip and it’s definitely given me an itch to visit Universal. So glad you got to enjoy some time in Florida with Kyle doing things you all love to do.
Enjoy planning your next adventure🥰

Thanks so much lvp......

Spending time with Kyle was the best.....and yes, you need to get anothe trip sorted out and get back there!!

I`m so glad you enjoyed reading along and thank you for all your lovely comments too and yes, hope to see you on the next one too ☺️

The Hyatt is very nice, seems they`re stopping folks just hangin around anymore, they didn`t used to mind but now they`re checking if you plan to buy food, can`t blame them if folks take up tables and not order anything. I think you`d like it.
My eldest DS family would book it when they’d have a very early or late flights. We’re quite disappointed when they locked the slider to the balcony after an unfortunate incident a few years back.
we did sit on a bench but it was too near the smokers so we vacated to the blazing sunshine which was preferable....lol......I will give Mythos another try when they change their menu, or yes even update it, nothing much appeals anymore.
nothing smells worse to an ex-smoker than other’s smoke. Oh, that menu, where is the suggestion box? The food used to be soooo good.

And, as my husband always tells me I couldn`t spell the words budget or frugal......lol. Guilty as charged ☺️

Good to see you, hope things are good.....how`s your son doing?
Yeah I'm not so good at frugal either...it's an acquired taste lol...

My son is doing well! He is home for about a week and a half more and then will be heading back to Boston. His dad is taking him this time, but my mom and I are going to road trip down to see him and his GF in their new apartment in mid September!! Adulting and all lol

Thanks again for sharing your TR and all the details about everything!! I always love your reviews especially of the restaurants and food! Glad you made it home ok and with those extra tickets!! Will be tough to figure out what to use them for next!!

Yeah I'm not so good at frugal either...it's an acquired taste lol...

My son is doing well! He is home for about a week and a half more and then will be heading back to Boston. His dad is taking him this time, but my mom and I are going to road trip down to see him and his GF in their new apartment in mid September!! Adulting and all lol

Thanks again for sharing your TR and all the details about everything!! I always love your reviews especially of the restaurants and food! Glad you made it home ok and with those extra tickets!! Will be tough to figure out what to use them for next!!

Yes, I don`t like the sound of that taste either....lol.....

Glad to hear he`s doing good!! I do like the sound of your road trip to visit him, Boston sounds gorgeous, somewhere I`d love to visit one day. Hope they`re happy in the new apartment!!

You are so welcome and thank you for commenting along the way, it`s always lovely to have company along the way and I do appreciate every comment everyone makes.

I think we`ll use two of the flights for next September, Kyle is still undecided what to do with his, he has some plans for the next couple of years, he has plenty of time to use it up, but it won`t be to Florida!

Thank you again and hope to see you on the next one too...... ☺️

Thanks for a great trip report! I really enjoyed this one.

Maybe I'll make a guest appearance in the December report! 😉

My eldest DS family would book it when they’d have a very early or late flights. We’re quite disappointed when they locked the slider to the balcony after an unfortunate incident a few years back.

nothing smells worse to an ex-smoker than other’s smoke. Oh, that menu, where is the suggestion box? The food used to be soooo good.

How`d I miss this post??

I remember that incident, our friend Raymond was at the airport waiting to fly that day, utterly horrific.

My dad was ex smoker and there was no one more anti smoking than him once he quit, couldn`t bear to smell it at a distance! I`ve always loathed the smell and fortunately none of our friends smoke so we don`t need to be around it at all. But walking through the parks can be awful if you pass close to the smoking areas.

Yes, we need to bombard Mythos with suggestions, they need to go back to the way they were years ago!!

Thanks for a great trip report! I really enjoyed this one.

Maybe I'll make a guest appearance in the December report! 😉
You`re so welcome, I`ve enjoyed seeing your posts along the way!!

I do hope so, I think we will just manage to meet in the December trip.....next time we need to co-ordinate better so our dates don`t pass so close, look forward to it ☺️

Lovely trip report! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Thank you Cara, I`m so glad you enjoyed it.

Hope you`re doing ok, haven`t seen you for a while, always good to see you and thank you again ☺️

Certainly! You haven't started that report yet have you?

No not yet, although I have been reminded....... 🥰

cv85-S.jpg

Will pop a link on here when I do start it.........:)

Thank you Cara, I`m so glad you enjoyed it.

Hope you`re doing ok, haven`t seen you for a while, always good to see you and thank you again ☺️
Thank you! Doing very well! Got a good report from oncology this summer -- still no evidence of disease. My husband and I are heading up to Maine next month, so I'm looking forward to that. And my second grandson is due in October! I also made the decision to retire (kind of early, as I'll be 54) next summer. I'll plan to work a couple of days a week from home, but I am so thankful to hang up the full-time gig.

Hi Carole and Tom and Kyle!

Sorry I have been MIA! Very busy on my end and along with everything going on with here and the strikes its been rough and i haven't felt like posting much (then again i also didn't have the time!)

What a lovely end to your trip! I always have enjoyed your reports, and hopefully I will feel ok coming back on here some day and see your awesome photos and write ups!

And for everyone I have interacted with because of Carole, this goes for you too: I hope you all are staying safe and having fun. Please feel free to DM me for my social media if you want to keep in touch!

Thanks again Carole!

BH5

Thank you! Doing very well! Got a good report from oncology this summer -- still no evidence of disease. My husband and I are heading up to Maine next month, so I'm looking forward to that. And my second grandson is due in October! I also made the decision to retire (kind of early, as I'll be 54) next summer. I'll plan to work a couple of days a week from home, but I am so thankful to hang up the full-time gig.

That is the best news to hear Cara, fantastic news, you must all be so happy with the findings.

Maine will be so lovely in September, I`m very jealous of that trip and a new grandson 🥰that will be so lovely.

Nice to hear you`re retiring early, you`ll love it I can guarantee it!! Tom said it was the best decision we ever made for him to retire early......now he wonders where he ever had the time to work! But, working a couple of days to suit yourself will be perfect for you. You have so much to look forward to Cara......☺️

Hi Carole and Tom and Kyle!

Sorry I have been MIA! Very busy on my end and along with everything going on with here and the strikes its been rough and i haven't felt like posting much (then again i also didn't have the time!)

What a lovely end to your trip! I always have enjoyed your reports, and hopefully I will feel ok coming back on here some day and see your awesome photos and write ups!

And for everyone I have interacted with because of Carole, this goes for you too: I hope you all are staying safe and having fun. Please feel free to DM me for my social media if you want to keep in touch!

Thanks again Carole!

BH5

Good to see you BH and hope everything works out for you with work and leisure.

I`m glad you enjoyed the TR and thank you for your comments along the way, always nice to read.

I've been gone for over a week - family vacation to Cedar Point, which is a rollercoaster park in Ohio on Lake Erie. Had a wonderful time and the motion sickness pills worked well enough that I did several of the big coasters I had been dreading - though I did fall asleep each time we went back for our midday break. It's an 8.5 hour drive and we are pooped but I got to come home to a finished Trip Report! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and got home safely.

And yes, what is it with people not Googling?!? In the case of our trip, there were huge storms near the end of our trip (tornado warnings blaring at midnight two nights in a row, wasn't good for my nerves for sure, particularly since our first night's sleep was also interrupted by having to evacuate the hotel - some kid pulled the fire alarm!) So there were many people posting to ask if rides were open/was it worth coming/how bad are the crowds now that the weather has cleared. That I get. But basic questions like what time does the park open? 🙄

I've been gone for over a week - family vacation to Cedar Point, which is a rollercoaster park in Ohio on Lake Erie. Had a wonderful time and the motion sickness pills worked well enough that I did several of the big coasters I had been dreading - though I did fall asleep each time we went back for our midday break. It's an 8.5 hour drive and we are pooped but I got to come home to a finished Trip Report! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and got home safely.

And yes, what is it with people not Googling?!? In the case of our trip, there were huge storms near the end of our trip (tornado warnings blaring at midnight two nights in a row, wasn't good for my nerves for sure, particularly since our first night's sleep was also interrupted by having to evacuate the hotel - some kid pulled the fire alarm!) So there were many people posting to ask if rides were open/was it worth coming/how bad are the crowds now that the weather has cleared. That I get. But basic questions like what time does the park open? 🙄

I agree and I think it`s the basic stuff people don`t know that always amazes me so much. I just saw someone post on another site they arrived at the hotel to check in and were "completely astounded and shocked beyond belief" (their words) that they had to pay for parking......I`m sorry I just burst out laughing!! Again, they also didn`t know you could walk to the parks from the hotels.

Glad you had such a good trip and well done for doing the coasters!!! And yes, a midday snooze can be bliss sometimes! But, my goodness tornado warnings and some little monster setting off the fire alarm......yes, not exactly peaceful, but I`m sure the rest of the trip was lovely.

Glad you enjoyed the report though, thank you for your lovely comments along the way too......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter