guide and tour books are they worth the$$$

fantasmic_01

Earning My Ears
Have been trying to plan a trip to disney world for end of november and some of december have been looking on the internet for best possible deals on tickets and accomadations. Some sites i have come across offer guide and tour books which show how to get the best deals. Curious if anyone has purchased any of these guide books and if they are worth the money. The 2 guide books i was considering was the unoffical guide to disney world 2005 by Bob Sehlinger and Disney orlando on $25 a day by kelly goode. If anyone wants to also maybe recommmend some other book that would be great.

Even though we have been to Disney World multiple times, I still find the Unofficial Guide that you mentioned to be well worth the money -- in fact, I just bought the 2005 edition for our Jan. trip. The book will save you a lot of time, and will make you aware of things that you didn't know existed!

A great website to check for deals is www. mousesavers.com. Another good site for info is www.allearsnet.com. Sign up for their newsletters to get the latest on deals!

Have a great trip!

While alot of people here will swear by them, I find these boards more useful. The guidebooks do not seem to be as updated as I would like. I do, however, enjoy reading them for entertainment purposes. I like the way all the restaurants are listed by $$$ value and I like to read the reviews. But, I would much rather use the info on these boards to plan a trip. JMHO

Most definitely purchase the Unofficial Guide - always can learn more. I also get the Birnbaum's WDW by Kids for Kids for my girls - they really enjoy it.

I've become a Disney planning book addict. I have my bedside table covered in them. I need a support group! ;)

IMHO, the Unofficial Guide and PassPorter are both great. The others are less helpful and (as another poster said) are more for entertainment value.

Both Passporter and the Unofficial Guide are excellent books to have and a must take with you. I buy new ones every year. There's alot of "inside planning knowledge" that many people are just not aware of. Vacationing at Disney is not your "laying on the beach" type of vacation. It can be as active or non-active as you want, but the key to all of it is PLANNING! Our type of planning is what park what day, is there a character meal involved for a meal or not that day, and what restraunt we're eating that night, such as Artist Point, Le Celler, Liberty tree Tavern, Chef de France, V & A's, or Brown Derby, etc. Also, are we seeing Luminations, Famtasmic, or other night activites. We don't "commando style" tour any park. We learned after our very first trip, that everyday, no matter what park we're in, we leave around 1:30-2:30 and head back to the room for an afternoon rest. We 're DVC owners, so its so handy having our rooms on property. We then head back in later in the evening when the crowds are thinner and it's not as hot.

Remember it's all about Planning!!!!!

i found the Unofficial Guide incredibly helpful when i planned our trip. its also just a fun read---gives me a nice does of Disney when i need it :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter