guidebook

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
i love to read and keep having this feeling that i need a book on WDW! do you all get these guidebooks? any recommendations? I was looking at "Walt Disney World with Kids, 2003: Including Disney Cruise Line ..." by Kim Wright Wiley

i wanted something like "DCL for Dummies" LOL

TIA
:)

I just received the WDW Passporter 2003. It's a combo resort/parks/dining guide book, plus adds some work sheets in for you to figure out your trip. So far I love it. They have come out with the FIRST DCL Passporter all devoted to the cruise. I've ordered that and it should be in soon.

Just go to www.passporter.com to check out all they have. I have not read any other guides, so I can not advise on them!!

We use the Birnbaums and the Birnbaums for kids. I also love the passporter and I just recieved the DCL Passporter and have just glanced over it but it looks great.

We usually get the unofficial and official guide to WDW. We started using the Passporter this past year( didn't get the deluxe version).

Since we go down a lot without the kids, we also get WDW for Couples by Perlmutter. ( the cover says with or without kids)

They all have their good and not so good points.

We just recently picked up the Official Guide to WDW for Couples (2003) and were terribly disappointed. It was really out of date:confused:

i wanted something like "DCL for Dummies" LOL

There is a "Crusing for dummies" book which we have a copy of.

Ed

I get the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World every year. ;)
Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Sincerely,

Len

I think the Unofficial Guide is the best guide out there. It gives you the good with the bad. I think these guys do the best research on every aspect of the whole place.

No contest-The Passporter. I have gotten it the last 3 years, and the info is insider, up-to-date and relevant. I just got my 2003, and DCL versions (I bought the deluxe version for the first time this year, and I LOVE it!The Passporter . You can also find this on the shelves at Barnes and Noble, although I am not sure if they have 2003 yet. It just started shipping last week.

Enjoy!

I love the Unofficial guide book. Another suggestion I enjoy when I have the time...go to Barnes and Noble with paper and pen, grab all the guide books that catch your eye, a cup of coffee and spend a couple hours "researching". I got lucky a couple weeks ago...had to take the vehicle in for service and BN is nearby so I sat for 3 hours and read all about the mouse.

i think i'll try the passported - but does the any of the editions have both WDW and DCL?

thanks again for all the opinions!! i like the BN/coffee idea!!

The DCL and WDW versions of Passporter are separate. This is the first year that they have published the DCL version, and it is wonderful. I bought the deluxe binder, then ordered fill pages for both the WDW and the DCL books, and put them both in the binder.

Another vote for the Passporter! I love mine dearly! The pockets are so handy for keeping track of things if you are going to write a trip report, and if you get the deluxe version, there are places inside designed to hold credit cards, room keys, passes, etc. I had the pleasure of spending an evening at Pleasure Island with the authors back in 2001, and they're great!

Honestly, I like just about all Disney guide books. My 2nd favorite is probably the official WDW for Adults book, because its very small, but has all the official info like pass prices, standard resort rates, etc.

I have to say that I bought the unofficial Guide last week, and am very unhappy with it. I found it to be extremely condecending at times, and I found that distracting. I also found quite a few mistakes in the book (ie that you can buy/order one day one park passes from TDS - it is incorrect and has been for at least 7 years). You can bet the editor will be hearing from me.

I wanted the Passporter, but Barnes & Noble did not have it. I do like Birnbaum, but usually don't buy a guide book. I only broke down this yr b/c I am taking Grama on her 1st vacation in YEARS & want it to be awesome for her. I gave her Birnbaums for christmas - thank goodness I did not give her the Unoffical Guide! What a downer!

I love the Unofficial Guide, and have bought several versions of it over the years. I like that it's based on research and I like the tongue-in-cheek style. I take everything with a grain of salt though - it gave CBR a not-so-good review, while our friends told us how much they love it, so we're going there anyway. And while it is sometimes a bit cynical, it is also clear they enjoy Disney. And yes, I agree there are a few things out of date, but mostly that is because Disney changed things since the publishing date (like the 2003 version still talks about no early entry). (That's why you use sites like this wonderful one and WDWIG to stay on top of things!):smooth:

What's more important than the tone of the book, is that their touring guides work. I don't follow them exclusively, just learn from them and adapt to our needs.

No one book is for everyone - you have to find the one that suits your style! And with all the great web sites, you'll have lots of free info to augment any book you buy. Based on the posts here, I'm going to go check out the Passporter - I've never seen that one! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter