Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

My gang arrived at 815 today. Held at Seuss for a while walked with determination to ride. They are still in line at 10:20. Ride has been running consistently as far as they can tell. Just got text they are loading next

815 is too late to arrive unless you plan to run push or shove I was hoping they’d be done by 10 at the latest

My gang arrived at 815 today. Held at Seuss for a while walked with determination to ride. They are still in line at 10:20. Ride has been running consistently as far as they can tell. Just got text they are loading next

815 is too late to arrive unless you plan to run push or shove I was hoping they’d be done by 10 at the latest

Yeah, unless you wait at the IoA gate during the whole EE period and also even prior to that, you're not going to be in the "done by 9:30" category, which a lot of people have reported to be done by if they get there well before even EE starts to wait.

They said it was worth the wait

They also noted that the whole rope drop experience was much better than our experience last year with Slinky at WDW.

Report from last Friday's experience. Arrived at Universal and entered the line about 11am. It was reported a 210 minute wait all morning before we arrived and as we entered the line. Line moved along until 12:45pm and the weather took over (lighting in the area) causing us to have a delay SEVERAL times. Finally rode at 3pm but it was worth the wait. We actually rode again later that night. First time I rode in the sidecar, second time the motorbike. If you are a thrill seeker, ride the motorbike. Going again in two weeks and praying we get to ride again.

We get there in about four weeks. Is it just me or does the DisBoard news and the app info (which I try to check at least a couple times a day) suggest Universal is finally shaking out the bugs on this thing? (Or am I fooling myself?)

We get there in about four weeks. Is it just me or does the DisBoard news and the app info (which I try to check at least a couple times a day) suggest Universal is finally shaking out the bugs on this thing? (Or am I fooling myself?)
We're there in a week and a half so I sure hope so!

Let me put it to you this way, there is a lot that can change in four weeks. That's essentially another month. While Hagrid's isn't 100% (I would consider it 100% when it can run fully open til the park closes), it is has improved incredibly since it's start. I would think by that time frame the only issue you should have is the weather.

We are going in just over two weeks. I am thinking the right way to go on this is (at the moment!) is to go for rope drop and straight to Hagrid's. Does that sound right to y'all?
We have no trouble getting up and there for rope drop. I think we could relatively easily get there for 8:00 AM.
I expect we might do this for more than one morning depending on how it goes and how we like the ride.

We are going in just over two weeks. I am thinking the right way to go on this is (at the moment!) is to go for rope drop and straight to Hagrid's. Does that sound right to y'all?
We have no trouble getting up and there for rope drop. I think we could relatively easily get there for 8:00 AM.
I expect we might do this for more than one morning depending on how it goes and how we like the ride.

We were at rope drop this morning. We got there about 8:10am. It didn’t seem too crowded at that point, but it filled in pretty quickly about 10 minutes later. We opted to go left to Hulk while almost everyone else went right to Hagrid. The opening was delayed until about 9:30 ish. Then the wait time instantly went to 210 minutes. I’m not sure what the delay was, but it wasn’t weather related.

So I don’t know. The wait time did go down to about 110 minutes some time in the afternoon, but then the ride went down due to rain. I’m no expert, just relaying my experience today.

Last edited:
The wait time app said it was a delayed opening first thing again this morning. At about 9:30am, it opened with a 210 minute wait. It’s not weather related this morning.

Ok, we’re attempting it this morning. Should get to IoA at 8 or shortly thereafter. Noticed that the app shows “Closed” - other rides have wait times or “opens at 9.” Is this typical?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter