Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Maybe I am missing something in your plan, but aren't you already past security to get VooDoo donuts?

Possibly. It's been a few years so I can't remember where security is.

Possibly. It's been a few years so I can't remember where security is.

If you're going through security through HRH since you said you're doing that prior to getting your food, yes, you should be able to do security through HRH (if you're just walking to City Walk it's near the Universal entrance), get your eats, and get in line for IoA. You can even bring it into the park. Any food is good as long as it doesn't get onto the ride itself.

Read through some of the thread. So it seems like there is basically no benefit to staying at one of the Universal Hotels if you are trying to ride Hagrid's Coaster? No early morning admission for IoA and you can't use the skip the line pass?

What if you entered early at the other park and then took the Hogwarts train over to IoA? Would that get you there any faster than waiting in line outside IoA?

I've been following this thread since the ride opened thinking that I'm going to be there in December so things will be worked out by then - but at the moment I'm unsure.

Is there still downtime/problems/issues with the ride or is it now just the sheer volume of people trying to ride it, I'm not sure I understand what the issue is now.

@FireflyTrance The Hogwarts Express won't get you to IOA until the queues have reached it, so you're better rope dropping IOA for a "shorter" wait.

We were there Wed-Sat and rode twice. On Thursday we rode around 2pm with a posted wait of 90 minutes, but I think the actual wait was more like 75. Saturday we rope dropped, arrived at the gate at about 8:20. We were near the front of our line, but it moved super slow for some reason and lots of people got in before we made it. The ride showed a delay but we got in line and it started up around 9:15, we were off the ride before 10. I did notice several delays off and on through the week, but it always came back up. We absolutely loved it, totally worth the wait.

Reactions: DLo
What if you entered early at the other park and then took the Hogwarts train over to IoA? Would that get you there any faster than waiting in line outside IoA?

No. The train doesn't leave until 9am, then you have to complete your ride, then you walk the rest to Hagrid's. By then, a lot of people who waited at the gate prior to opening will be ahead of you. On top of that there will be even more guests ahead of you if the train is delayed and doesn't take off exactly at 9am. Essentially if anyone wants to wait for Hagrid's and do it at "rope drop" they'd have to sacrifice their entire (or at least most) EE time and wait at the gate of IoA until it opens.

No. The train doesn't leave until 9am, then you have to complete your ride, then you walk the rest to Hagrid's. By then, a lot of people who waited at the gate prior to opening will be ahead of you. On top of that there will be even more guests ahead of you if the train is delayed and doesn't take off exactly at 9am. Essentially if anyone wants to wait for Hagrid's and do it at "rope drop" they'd have to sacrifice their entire (or at least most) EE time and wait at the gate of IoA until it opens.
Maybe an idea, to benefit resort guests, run the 1st Hogwarts Express from 0830 a couple of times a week. It's not a lot but resort guests would feel they're getting something extra.

Maybe an idea, to benefit resort guests, run the 1st Hogwarts Express from 0830 a couple of times a week. It's not a lot but resort guests would feel they're getting something extra.
Wouldn't be a bad idea since they can't really increase the hours of Hagrid's at this point.

Running the trains early sounds great but since the other park would not be open yet, doubt UO would consider that
It would just be a special for Hagrid's, I'm sure they could accommodate an a couple of trains from 0830 twice a week or so to relieve the queue race.

This is just for EE resort guests - it would be a great perk.

I like the idea but don’t know if UO would be willing to open both parks with full staff for HE for select days of the week

I do remember a few years back they did have both parks open for HE for select days

Never found out why it was only done for a limited time

I like the idea but don’t know if UO would be willing to open both parks with full staff for HE for select days of the week

I do remember a few years back they did have both parks open for HE for select days

Never found out why it was only done for a limited time
It's difficult because 3 hotels already have UEP & priority reservations which are enormous bonuses, and the other hotels have EE and everyone has transport access so staying on site does have its rewards.

I just feel that any kind of advantage for resort guests getting on Hagrids would be such a huge selling point - even if 1 train ran at 0845 it would be hugely advantageous, the trouble would be the queue to get on it while others miss out.

We went yesterday Mon Nov 4th. Did both parks in one day, no express passes, It was a full day but great day. We left our resort at 7:00 and with no traffic we got there earlier than expected. We were in line - first in one of the turnstiles by 7:30. They opened the gates at 8:30 and people ran and ran till the start of the line. No one asked anyone to walk until they got close. We needed up being about 20th or so on line. They did tell us there was a brief delay - on the way to the park the app said opens at 9:00, but when we were waiting at the entrance it changed to closed. Thankfully by the time we wound all around there was no delay. We were off the ride by 9:10. And it was amazing! My kids were a little annoyed at the wait at the gate but once off the ride everyone was so thankful. The line died down to about 90 later in the day per the app, but it also closed about 3:00. We went all day and did almost everything else without express passes. We could have done more but we were all tired and left about 6:30.

Question:
If we are planning rider switch for Hagrid's and we are at the turnstiles before park opening, are we able to go through the queue with a stroller? Trying to figure out the logistics when we go next month. Also trying to decide if our party should just split up and do the ride in 2 sets of 2 instead but realizing park opening may be our best bet as we only have 1.5 days here. DH and I want to make sure our adult kids have fun and the two of us just want to make sure we ride Hagrid's.....the baby will sadly miss out on a lot of the parks since she's probably only going to be 33" tall or so. I haven't heard anyone speak of the queue and whether or not strollers are able to go through it or if it'll need to be parked for the queue.

If they never considered to allow access to IoA for EE for guests in the first place, I doubt they'd run HE at 8:30am for EE park guests now, or anytime in the future in relation to Hagrid's.

Besides, I feel as if it would create more chaos, conflict, and work.

Technically guests at IoA do not get entry into the park at exactly 9am, but are let in a little early in order to line up at Hagrid's, as we have read in various person accounts on this post. If we chose 8:30am for an example and take into consideration when IoA guests are let in and the time HE guests take off and travel time, the two will flood into the park at the same time (this is if HE is not delayed). Which means a lot more work for TMs to attempt to do crowd control, will cause more congestion, and has a higher chance of injury with the amount of people entering the park and the guests who run when told they are not to. I would imagine this already occurs to a certain extent, but would be more chaotic if this would to occur.

At the moment, I feel as if they have it the way it is so people have a fair chance regardless of what kind of guest you are. I find that to be good and fair. People who have EE can either enjoy their hour of early entry as they have always been promised, or they can wait at the gate at IoA like the other guests.

I think the most frustrating thing is that, apart from the bees issue, Universal haven't said anything official about why the ride is having so many issues - maybe if they did people would be more understanding - and I do fully appreciate how complex this ride is.

I think people are just frustrated because although they expect long queues for such a new ride, they never actually know if it's going to be operational AM or PM, so it's very difficult to know what their best plan is - arrive early for rope drop and hope, wait until evening and hope it doesn't close at 3pm...it's just so difficult to predict - and therefore hugely frustrating whether you are a single rider, a couple or a family.

I think the most frustrating thing is that, apart from the bees issue, Universal haven't said anything official about why the ride is having so many issues - maybe if they did people would be more understanding - and I do fully appreciate how complex this ride is.

I think people are just frustrated because although they expect long queues for such a new ride, they never actually know if it's going to be operational AM or PM, so it's very difficult to know what their best plan is - arrive early for rope drop and hope, wait until evening and hope it doesn't close at 3pm...it's just so difficult to predict - and therefore hugely frustrating whether you are a single rider, a couple or a family.

This 100%.

We arrive Friday, 11/22 and are hoping to get to IOA by 12:30. Our plan is to head straight to Hagrid's. Then we plan to rope drop it on Saturday, 11/23. I've been following this thread religiously and I am super nervous about both of these plans!

This 100%.

We arrive Friday, 11/22 and are hoping to get to IOA by 12:30. Our plan is to head straight to Hagrid's. Then we plan to rope drop it on Saturday, 11/23. I've been following this thread religiously and I am super nervous about both of these plans!
Absolutely, we are there early December and feel the same.

The problem is, the more it goes on, the more people panic. I do wonder if Universal have any idea of just how stressed people are feeling/getting.

I know it's only a ride, but come on, this is like getting the golden ticket for the chocolate factory for so many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter