Hair braiding on board Fantasy

minniemouse1

DIS Veteran
We haven't cruised for a while but on our last 5 cruises we have had our daughters hair braided on the first sea day on the pool deck. Does anyone know if they still do this and where/when sign up are? Thank you.

They do it on the pool deck, I think Port side near the family pool. You do not need to sign up, as it is a first come first served type of deal. But I think they are willing to take an appointment. They also offer it on Castaway Cay.

Last edited:
We were last on the Fantasy in Jan 2016 and they did take appointments. We signed up on the first night. The hours were posted in the Navigator.
Just off the Dream and hair braiding didn’t seem that popular. My daughter had it done on Day 2. She just walked up and didn’t need an appointment.

It use to be $2 per braid plus tip. I saw them put 22 braids in a 3 year old before so I would always pick what style we wanted then say "no more than 12 -13 braids. That way we could control the cost a bit. I also like the look of a more plump braid on my girls so it worked out well.

3A69ED7F-ECB8-4292-97E8-15C03593521F.jpeg
Here is a picture of my daughter’s braids on our Dream cruise in January. It cost $28, so $2 per braid sounds right. I asked for them to be done on an angle which meant there were a few smaller ones, but that was my choice.

We have our daughters done similar to this but it puts the "part" on the side instead of in the middle so there are a few short braids and one or two longer braids. DD likes it because she doesn't have to "fix" her hair just wash and brush the bottom so she is ready for dinner quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter