Hakuna Matata Hearts and flowers!

Oh my, I totally missed the party! I am so sorry, I really wanted a scoop of cherry garcia!

I'll have to read back to see what a great time you all had. On the bright side, I'm here in time to help clean up. I'll grap a hose and start on the patio...

Maria

Julie: Ahhhh, the fabled Zebra Domes. I'd love to try them sometime, but they're not vegetarian.

I don't think there's any actual zebra meat in the zebra domes. :rotfl:

Seriously, I imagine it's the gelatin that poses the problem? I am currently trying to get my dad to try to make zebra domes (He likes to cook, bake, etc. and he lost his job in Dec, so he has a lot of time on his hands right now.) for my DD. She can't have the ones at Boma due to her food allergies. If he is successful, I'll have to ask him if there's something to substitute for the gelatin. My best friend is a vegetarian and she would love zebra domes too. If he has any success, I'll let you know.

Good morning Team!

First, Thanks to all the other teams for stopping by. I was really conducting research that you all helped me with nicely! I was trying to figure out where all the best goodies are in the World!! So, again thank you, I feel safe knowing I will be gaining weight in January!!! :rotfl: Like I need that! :upsidedow

I am in taper. Probably has something to do with my food obsession at the moment! I am going for a bike ride in a few minutes. Should be fun.

Everyone make a great day or yourselves!! -- btw, my recent research on what kind of clothing you wear....I took Lynn's advice and tried Skins. I'm hooked. I have a half pant, recovery tights, shirt and sleeves! Thanks Lynn!:love:

Hi everyone! Quiet day here ... I'm off for a 1/2 hour of training after work. DF's mom's birthday is this weekend. I was going to help them to get a cake but then I realized that I'd probably end up eating a good portion of it. They like the grocery store bakery cakes which I know I won't eat as much of :)

Jack - The contest is only for US residents... boo!! What about Canadians... especially with our dollar!

Julie - I once looked up the recipe for Zebra Domes but it looked complicated. Let us know how your dad makes out with them :)

Connie - I thought sweets and treats at Disney were calorie free.... don't I wish! I was thinking last night about the ice cream social. We should all get together and order the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream! That would be fun :laughing:

Have a great day team!

Hi TEAM! :wave2:

We have so many post it's hard to keep up with who ate what and where!
Thanks for the ideas some I will definitely try like the Slimfast one. Connie, do you know what the best ratio of protein to carb should be to re-fuel our bodies after a race, long walk, etc? :confused3

Lots of fog today - Roads were icy – it warms a bit, melts the snow, and then it freezes during the night. :sad2:

Made it to the gym again this morning- bike and some upper body weights, and stretching. I paid the extra fee to get a 24-hour passkey. It will be especially useful on weekend when they do not open until 9:am and close at 3:pm and when I have to go in early before they open during the week. :yay:

Went through a McDonald’s drive thru late Tuesday night for a coffee and was given back $5 too much, so I had to take that back this morning. As a Thank You they gave my little Hagen a Mc Nugget Happy meal…Nice! :upsidedow

:wave:

Julie - I once looked up the recipe for Zebra Domes but it looked complicated. Let us know how your dad makes out with them :)

Vicky, I agree, the recipe does look complicated. My dad likes a challenge though and fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), he has the time right now. I'll keep you posted...:goodvibes

Good morning team.

I had an awesome group walk this morning. It was pouring rain when I first arrived but stopped just before everyone started arriving. The temp was in the 50s and the conversation was great. We even had a new walker start with us today. We walked 6 miles at just under 12 mpm pace.

Margie when I finish my workouts I like to eat something soon and I go by what sounds good rather than the protien carb mix. It is always something healthy though.

Have a super day y'all.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Connie, Enjoy the taper!

Vicky, That sounds like an excellent recovery idea!

I did 4.25 miles in 35 minutes. It was nice to be back outside and I picked a relatively easy course with some rolling hills.

Best,
Jennifer

Crazy couple of days/ weeks at work last two were 65 hour plus. work outs fell short. No sleep last night thinking too much about work, good long day of meetings and I was appointed Team leader till the position is filled, so I will be doing a bunch of admin stuff grants etc etc etc, hope to sleep tonight,

Chocolate Mike is my fave recovery drink.

Luncheon and early evening of drinks for the departing team leader, Lynn will be driving if we don't get a ride home.

I hope the wind is calm in the morn as I would like to get in a 5K

Sunday we are off to Denver, I have an office computer to pick up, The the zoo for fun and maybe a late picnic from a picanic basket Boo Boo. The there is a PADI Inst. Meeting update that evening and then drive home to start the week.

Darn! Did I miss your ice cream social? Darn work has been keeping me away from all the fun things this month. Maybe I'll catch the next one. What flavors of ice cream did ya'll have? :teeth:

Connie - 2 more weeks until you know what! :rolleyes1 I hope you are better trained than I am. :laughing:

Connie, you are welcome!

I survived my first day of training for the Census job, and the 65 mile drive to CO then back, but I get paid for the travel time! We got done early today, so I got home in time to walk dogs before dark. I was going to get up early and walk, but the wind was blowing 30-40mph, so I slept another 45 min instead! I also got in about 2 miles at lunch time. I also do not have to go back tomorrow, today we did mostly paperwork, next week starts the actual training.

Have a great evening everyone!

Good Morning Team!

Am I the first one up this morning? It will be cold here today, with possiblility of snow, I will need to get the dogs out for their walk before it gets ugly!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning! Especially you, Lynn!!! :flower3:

We do seem to be the first ones up. but I have been taking care of the business and watching the birds and other stuff.

Yup, just two weeks 'til Little Rock! Then another month and week to Oklahoma City and then begin adding miles to 13.1 in preparation for GOOFY training!!! :scared1: The closer it gets the more I wonder, "Am I nuts or what???"

Hubby is home from work today. He got a whole two days this week. Good thing I am a scrooge and miserly sort! I paid off everything and had a sizeable bank account before the big bust.

Y'all make a great weekend! And don't forget...It's almost a new month. I will be posting our miles and time as I get them and updating after the first!!!

Love ya! Connie

Good Morning everyone, hope this finds all well.
Well we had our family meeting and the final vote was three to zero ( I could not vote) to stay where we are. While the offer was good, I think it would have cost me far more than I would ever be willing to give up. That being said, the People we met in Wyoming were some of the nicest anywhere I've been and I'm grateful having met them. It is a beautiful area, but my family would miss the ocean too much. But who know's what the future will hold....... Thanks for listening,

Jack

Most of our snow is gone, the roads are clear…and it looks like it could be good walking out side for next week! :sunny: :hyper:

Gym this morning, bike, added the elliptical, stretching, and lower body workout. No, I am not all energized and ready to go anywhere except for a nap! (Like that is possible) :upsidedow

Connie – happy tapering :woohoo:

Lynn – have you been to the doctor about your knees? pixiedust:

Jack - :goodvibes Oh, What a relief when the decision is finally made.

Sounds like chocolate milk might be the favorite drink for the majority...

Holy Makerel!! I haven't been in to see my team in FOREVER! I feel bad...and I'm feeling very guilty as I haven't been out to run at all. Between the Buffalo issues, my boss being out of the office and a shift bid at work I have been running around like a crazy person. I had a 15 hour work day yesterday because they sent me to our headquarters in Houston to meet with upper management to re-write some of our policies regarding vacations. I'm just beat today and not able to concentrate much on work. Sooooo..I figured I'd come in to see my team and try to catch up. I'll go back and read the posts, but I just wanted to say 'Hi' first and foremost!!

Question...does anybody else have reservations on using tax returns to pay off bills? We swore up and down that every dollar was going towards the wedding bills, but now we are thinking Disney might be in order. We work SO hard to not have fun every once in awhile!!! I do feel guiltly for even thinking that though. :sad2:

Holy Makerel!! I haven't been in to see my team in FOREVER! I feel bad...and I'm feeling very guilty as I haven't been out to run at all. Between the Buffalo issues, my boss being out of the office and a shift bid at work I have been running around like a crazy person. I had a 15 hour work day yesterday because they sent me to our headquarters in Houston to meet with upper management to re-write some of our policies regarding vacations. I'm just beat today and not able to concentrate much on work. Sooooo..I figured I'd come in to see my team and try to catch up. I'll go back and read the posts, but I just wanted to say 'Hi' first and foremost!!

Question...does anybody else have reservations on using tax returns to pay off bills? We swore up and down that every dollar was going towards the wedding bills, but now we are thinking Disney might be in order. We work SO hard to not have fun every once in awhile!!! I do feel guiltly for even thinking that though. :sad2:

Hi- There are sooo many deals right now for Disney it almost seems illogical not to take advantage of them..... If you can :idea:

A bit chilly this morning-but getting ready to go for a nice easy walk :goodvibes

The topic of the week is Michelle O's arms & her exercising schedule-a nice positive fitness encouragement :upsidedow

Hope everyone has a great weekend, training, easy tapering, relaxing, or just having fun!

Connie, I ended up Feb with 79 miles and 42 total hours of exercising. I'll PM it to you also.

Tomorrow starts a new month and a new chance to start doing everything right. Eating properly, seeking the positive people and avoiding the negative ones, exercising regularly and welcoming spring. March is a wonderful month to recharge.

Eva, yes dear use some of your money for fun. Disney Marathon weekend will be even more interesting since several of us from Disney Running are going to be wearing Kilts. That should be a riot.:upsidedow

Have an awesome day y'all.

Spring Dreaming Panda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter