Hakuna Matata: Official thread Part deux

Scott, Lynne, and Lisa ... We are all :cheer2: for you.

Lisa - do take care. :flower3:

Panda...yes, it's great to be outside again ... I did 4.36 miles last night that I can accurately count. :cool1:

I just got home from the gym. (Good workout plus 11 miles on the bike) I have 31.2 miles on the bike this week. It looks like whatever I walk tomorrow will AGAIN have to be on the Dreadmill!

My Taper Week for April 6th Half Marathon starts Sunday.

I could just cry...we are getting more snow. It is wet and very heavy like the 13-inches we got last week. They say 3-5 inches tonight. :eek:

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

Cobbler. I hope you have grove back tomorrow.

Margie don't cry darlin, warm weather will be coming to your iceberg. I would think that dodging them Polar Bears would keep you guys fit up there.

My WKU team is losing to UCLA, so I guess it's bed time. Rest well team.

Sleepy Panda:hippie:

Ok where the heck is everybody? I feel like such a thread hog when I'm the last to post at night and the first to post in the morning, to much time on my hands I guess.

Anyway I got in 2 miles this morning and some stretching, I was pressed for time since I didn't leave for the gym as early as I had planned.

Have an awesome day y'all.

Walking Panda:hippie:

I am here, just trying to catch up work from being on holidays for 2 weeks....makes me wish I was back on the ship that's for sure.

Going to see a few movies this weekend which we don't normally do, I don't find alot of them that great so we usually wait until the DVD comes out. But we are going to see Stop - Loss and Run Fat Boy Run. Hope they are good ones. I was watching the previews for Stop - Loss and it looks really good.

Hope you all have a great weekend

Kim

Happy Friday Afternoon. Yeah!

So much work to do. Just can't get motivated so I thought I would pop in to wish everyone a great weekend, in Atlanta or wherever your training will take you.
I'm up for Around the Bay and there's no snow in the forecast. Another, Yeah!
It won't be a spectacular result but at least I'm out there.

Have a great one, Sue

Sue good luck this weekend, I have a girlfriend and her hubby doing around the bay this weekend, glad the weather improved a bit.

I don't feel like working the rest of the afternoon....who is with me???:lmao:

Looking at great race weather here, today that is cloudy and low 70's. Sunday they are calling for rain.

Expo was nice, wish Garmin was there to take a look at the 405. No new Disney medals on display, Bummer.

Helping sister by shutteling the kids around to stuff.

:cheer2: :cheer2: All Our WISHers that are racing this weekend! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Weather in Michigan was sunny today - managed to get in a very nice 6.14 mile walk. It sure helps the mental outlook to get sunshine instead of snow!

:cheer2: :cheer2: All Our WISHers that are racing this weekend! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Weather in Michigan was sunny today - managed to get in a very nice 6.14 mile walk. It sure helps the mental outlook to get sunshine instead of snow!

Glad to hear you received some sunny weather! :sunny:

Possible rain here tomorrow -- looks like I'll be doing my walking at the mall. Whoohoo! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Scott -- Best wishes in your race. :cheer2: Hoping you have clear skies!

Good morning y'all.

Like Kristen I'm having to do my walking indoors today. Rain again today, and much colder than it was yesterday. It was 65 when I awoke yesterday, this morning 39 degrees.

Ok I'm off to the gym for some tready fun and then the infamous stretching and calistetics.

Have an awesome day everyone.

Oh My, we have sunshine again today. It is 22 degrees with a high of 44 degrees forecasted! I am getting hopeful that spring is just around the corner! :goodvibes

Today is the gym but it is such a pretty day to walk maybe I can take a short walk with my little guy. :love:

Happy Training :cool1:

Good morning, everyone! I didn't have a spectacular week last week, but it WAS better than the week before, so that's something. I guess! :confused3 I am heading into my hardest week of training before the OKC half, beginning on Monday. I'm not sure I'm up to it, but I'll give it my best shot. I have 6 miles to do today, and of course it's cold. The radio just said 26 degrees. I'm going to wait another half-hour before I go, though, and hope it will warm up just a little bit. I have too many other things on the agenda to sit around and wait for it to warm up. I am, for one thing, heading up to Colorado Springs to the running shoe store! Yippee! That is just such a cool store! :cool2: DH is in Washington D.C. this week, so I have no helper for cleaning and such. The house was clean when we left for vacation, clean when we got home, and then our daughter and her two sons were here for three days this week and POOF! Not clean. :scared1: Today is the warmer day of the weekend (it IS supposed to warm up later on) so I want to get my laundry out on the line. :laundy: I know you really don't care that I'm doing laundry, but I really like that little picture! :lmao:

Good luck to all the racers this weekend! :cheer2:

Kathy -- Hang in there! We all have bad days/weeks when it comes to training. Have fun at the running store!

Oh, and what is this "clean house" you speak of????? :rotfl: :confused3 :confused: :rolleyes1

Kristen

Good morning again dear team mates.

I had a good workout, on the tready but still good. It was cold and rainy outside so at least I have that alternative.

I did my stretching after and then my calistetics. I'm still having the concern with the groin muscle, I must have stretched it to much at some point. It only hurts when I get up and down form sitting or if I do a squat.

I didn't know today was Boston Marathon? Is that right or did I hear the news wrong?

Have a wonderfull day everyone.

I can’t believe how quickly these weeks are flying by..I didn’t have a chance to post once this week, or at least I don’t think I did!

Here are my miles for March 21 – March 29:
Friday, March 21 – 0 miles
Saturday, March 22 – 6 miles
Sunday, March 23 – 6 miles
Monday, March 24 – 2 miles for Erica
Tuesday, March 25 – 2 miles
Wednesday, March 26 – 3 miles
Thursday, March 27 – 2.5 miles
Total: For Donna – 18.5 miles
For Erica – 2 miles

In reading over a few posts in-between my research paper, I am happy to see that some of you are finally getting warmer weather :cool1:! It was 71 degrees here in Florida at 9:00 a.m .

Please know that you are all in my thoughts, especially when I am out running! Have a great week, and I’ll try to pop in during the week!

I ran 7 miles today in 1:30:45

It was a bit tough. The last 2.5 miles was a bit of a challenge, both mentally and physically but I overcame and completed it. I have never run this far at one time before so this is a pretty amazing accomplishment in my book. I was glad to find out I am still under pace. All that was just under a 13 minute mile.

Hopefully today was just one of those days where it is a little tough to run because going 6 miles wasn't near this difficult last time.

Hi Everybody,

DonnaAll the weeks seem to run together for me!!! Seems like I am just barely keeping up, treading water, holding on, etc!

My most difficult training weeks are coming up. Kathy and I have the OKC half coming up on ghe 27th of April. It should be a great time. I am really looking forward to it, but all the work between then and now.....oy!

I am making prarie dresses for my oldest granddaughter and me. We will be attending the One Room School House. She asked me to go with her last year, so....... I will be going with her. I am making the dresses, the apron and pinafore and bonnets to match. I will also be a chaperone on my grandson's field trip to the zoo. Funny thing, I do the school house on a Tuesday, the zoo on a Thursday, Kathy gets here on that Friday and the half is on Sunday! Whew! I get tired just thinking of it. Good thing I :love: them all!

I did an easy 2 miles this morning with stretching. I have to keep this hip in shape, I am hoping that the stretching will make all the difference!

Happy Weekend, Mates! ~ Connie

ING ATL ½ Report:

Up at 00315, temp in the mid 40’s and it stayed that way for the whole day. We woke to the rhythm of a pouring rain, as it was a rainy night here in Georgia, donned the race kit, packed a cooler with water, drinks, and food, and drove into ATL. Found a parking place ½ block from the end of the race, it was a kewl lot with porta potties, score!!!! We were mega early, sat in the car till 0600. The rain was a light drizzle at that time, as we made our way into the porta potties. Got done there and headed to our corals, this was a little tough as there were changes due to the recent storms and the necessary changes as a result.

The day we went to the EXPO we noticed several of the buildings with broken windows and repairs ongoing, A race volunteer told us that Centennial Park will need to be re-sodded because of the broken glass.

I still and will always get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye when our national anthem is played. I thank the good lod for all the brave men women past and present who made the great sacrafice so we can enjoy such events.

I was in Corral 6 and Lynn on Corral 7, the rope was dropped and there Lynn was next to me till the start.

The course was nice in that it took us through many historic areas of ATL, with neat old houses, and tree lined streets, the spectators were great. I missed not having the race clocks at various mile markers, I only recall seeing a race clock at the start/finish. THE VOLUNTEERS WERE GREAT. Water stops were plentiful and well manned. We did not notice any shortages of water or Gator Aide (I think that is what was offered). The course was pretty hilly, I heard several folks saying”another hill”.

The weather stayed overcast and there was no rain, the wind was cool and strong at times. Just like Wyoming. Saw some pretty cold people at the end, hypothermic for sure in the med tent.

The finish was well organized, lots of water, lots of food, Apples, Bananas, yogurt, cookies, pretzels, muffins, and bagels. Publix provided as a sponsor.

Lynn and I both garnered PB’s, 2:39 for me and 3:10 for Lynn. It was a fun Race for us THANKS ATLANTA.

There some more Team HM miles. :thumbsup2

Hi Everybody,

DonnaAll the weeks seem to run together for me!!! Seems like I am just barely keeping up, treading water, holding on, etc!

My most difficult training weeks are coming up. Kathy and I have the OKC half coming up on ghe 27th of April. It should be a great time. I am really looking forward to it, but all the work between then and now.....oy!

I am making prarie dresses for my oldest granddaughter and me. We will be attending the One Room School House. She asked me to go with her last year, so....... I will be going with her. I am making the dresses, the apron and pinafore and bonnets to match. I will also be a chaperone on my grandson's field trip to the zoo. Funny thing, I do the school house on a Tuesday, the zoo on a Thursday, Kathy gets here on that Friday and the half is on Sunday! Whew! I get tired just thinking of it. Good thing I :love: them all!

Sounds like you have a few challenging weeks ahead of you Connie. Though, the reward reaped afterwards will be memorable :yay:.

ING ATL ½ Report:

Lynn and I both garnered PB’s, 2:39 for me and 3:10 for Lynn. It was a fun Race for us THANKS ATLANTA.

There some more Team HM miles. :thumbsup2

Congratulations to you both, Scott and Lynn on your PB's :banana:! Glad to hear the weather was bearable, and you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter