Half day or full day at Hollywood Studios

I❤️Disney

Mouseketeer
Hey y’all so I have a quick question. My family and I aren’t into Star Wars at all. With us not being into it I don’t see us doing anything Star Wars related. Would that make Hollywood Studios a half day Park for us? Or could it still be a whole day. Thank you so much!

It's ultimately up to you. Have you looked at the list of attractions and shows? Some people here spend multiple days at DHS, some only a few hours. It all depends what your interests are.

Depends how much time you spend in TSL. Outside of that, in genereal, there isn't enough there to fill a day, unless its really crowded.

It's ultimately up to you. Have you looked at the list of attractions and shows? Some people here spend multiple days at DHS, some only a few hours. It all depends what your interests are.

I have look a little my daughter gets very antsy sitting still. So I don’t think we could do shows all day.

Would you recommend getting a park hopper? I really don’t want to waste a day ticket for a few hours. We have been saving up and I know this will be a once in a lifetime trip

Because of the way Disney prices multi-day tickets, it is usually cheaper to add a day to the ticket than add park hoppers. If you don't like star wars or want to see the new toy story land, I would just skip it. If you want to go, get the extra day instead of park hoppers and spend your downtime at the hotel pool or Disney springs or mini-golf.

I wouldn't stay there for a full day, but depending on what you do it could be a little bit longer than just a few hours of a stay, especially now with the new Toy Story Land about to open. If you like shows Beauty and the Beast and the Indiana Jones Stunt Show are amazing. Even if you don't know anything about Indiana Jones it is a very interesting show to watch because it lets you know a bit about stunt doubles/actors.

We personally last about half a day there. Last time we were there, we rope dropped and got everything done (TSMM, RnRC, ToT, Star Tours, Little Mermaid show and Beauty and the Beast show) by around 2pm. This includes waiting about an hour for RnRC when we rode it a second time. I second just adding another day onto your tickets instead of getting a hopper, it's much cheaper that way.

I realize I'm in the minority here, but my family can easily spend a full day at DHS. My kids are 11 and 9 so we do all the rides. We like to see Indy and sometimes we'll do another show or two. We usually do a late lunch at Sci Fi and then stay for either F! or the Star Wars fireworks. IMO, even without spending much time on Star Wars stuff, there is plenty to do for the full day.

I don't do Star Wars or princesses so for me DHS was always a 1/2 day park. But now that Toy Story Land is opening I'm not sure I will feel the same way when I visit next.

Most people that say HS is a hlaf day do not do shows or see characters. And, no one yet knows the impact of Toy Story Land.
- With a young daughter, there are a lot of great character meet & greets she may enjoy
- Do not skip the shows just because she gets antsy. While Indiana Jones may not be here thing, she might just be captivated by Beauty & the Beast, Frozen, and Little Mermaid.
- Star Tours is a great ride whether you are a Star Wars fan or not.
- Factor in eating, shopping, etc. and you can easily spend an entire day there and not do any of Star Wars stuff. We have plans to spend multiple half days there during our trip in November.

And there's Fantasmic! which is still one of my favorite shows. With the opening of Toy Story Land I can't see HS being a half-day park. It is still show-heavy though. If your daughter is tall enough for them, Tower of Terror and RnRC are two of the best rides at WDW really.

I realize I'm in the minority here, but my family can easily spend a full day at DHS. My kids are 11 and 9 so we do all the rides. We like to see Indy and sometimes we'll do another show or two. We usually do a late lunch at Sci Fi and then stay for either F! or the Star Wars fireworks. IMO, even without spending much time on Star Wars stuff, there is plenty to do for the full day.

I'm with you. I love it so.

Do you sleep in some or get out there at rope drop?

It really depends on whether your family would like the remaining rides in the park. I would say it is a half day park for most people, especially if not doing shows or the Jedi Training Academy. Two of the rides are thrill rides (Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster), so not sure if those would be on your list with really small kids. My kids are older and we did spend time there in February. We did:

Muppet Vision
Toy Story Midway Mania (the rest of Toy Story Land will be open when you go)
Star Tours (great ride even if you don't like Star Wars)
Tower of Terror (my nutty 10 year old's favorite ride)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In

Not a TON to do there, but my son's favorite ride is there, so we went!

It really depends on whether your family would like the remaining rides in the park. I would say it is a half day park for most people, especially if not doing shows or the Jedi Training Academy. Two of the rides are thrill rides (Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster), so not sure if those would be on your list with really small kids. My kids are older and we did spend time there in February. We did:

Muppet Vision
Toy Story Midway Mania (the rest of Toy Story Land will be open when you go)
Star Tours (great ride even if you don't like Star Wars)
Tower of Terror (my nutty 10 year old's favorite ride)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In

Not a TON to do there, but my son's favorite ride is there, so we went!

My husband and my oldest love thrill rides. So I’m sure they will love those. We definitely wanna go to Sci-Fi dine in for lunch.

We recently went arriving at 12ish, we had a long dinner at brown derby, hit fantasmic and definitely were able to fill the rest of our day with a few rides (RnR, Tot x2, ST )and shows. TS land might be neat to walk around but if that doesn't interest you then you could certainly do the park in a half day.

Even if you are not into star wars there can be some appreciation for the land they are creating. We went to universal and I hate to say it but I never saw the harry potter movies or read the books, but the HP land was amazingly detailed and the rides were some of the best at universal. So with that if you are thinking you will visit when star wards land is open I would definitely plan to hit it.

-- if you have hoppers then i would go, if not I would feel that your time might be better spent at another park and not use up a days ticket there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter