Halloween, Christmas, Food & Wine, Oh My!

sailored

Mouseketeer
Hello! My name is Evie, I've gone back and forth about starting a pre-trip report because I seem to never complete them or the trip gets postponed. But, I decided to give it a try! I'm currently in the planning phase of our second trip to Walt Disney World. My husband (Phil)and I first visited the world in September 2015 and had a blast! We live in California, so we have always been Disneyland AP holders. We never thought we would love WDW more than Disneyland, and boy were we wrong. So so sooo wrong. Ever since moving to Lemoore from San Diego, we haven't been going to Disneyland as often because of my husbands deployment schedule. BUT, that is changing! After this deployment that he is currently on, he is switching commands and won't be leaving for three years! So, we have purchased Disneyland annual passes and plan on activating them in June shortly after he returns home.

vg0go2.jpg

Phil and I back in September 2015.
We will have another couple traveling with us, our friends Ben and Amanda. It will be their very first trip to Walt Disney World! I'm very excited to accompany them on their first trip and share the magic with them.

If the title didn't give it away, we will be visiting from October 27th - November 10th! Two wonderful weeks. :D

I just wanted to get a quick introduction out there, I will try to post more of an introduction later this week as well as more information on our trip.

Stay tuned!

Update: Hi everyone! Sorry that I've slacked completely on this PTR! Our trip is 45 days away and we are SUPER excited! I plan on posting our daily plans over the next few weeks. Also, I plan on providing a food review after our trip because I can no longer consume gluten so this is something completely new! I want to share all the gluten free options with everyone. :D

I did want to include some photos from our recent Disneyland trips really quick.

35am346.jpg

You will soon learn, I have an obsession with Donald Duck and Chewbacca. My husband has accepted that he is the third wheel with Donald. Fun fact, Donald proposed to me at Disneyland California Adventure back in 2016.

29xgj1i.jpg

Here is a hint towards our costumes for MNSSHP. DCA has painted walls around the park, tons of photo opportunities!

281dd2b.jpg

vfxix3.jpg

This past weekend kicked off Halloween Time at Disneyland! This also marked our last trip there before Walt Disney World due to my work schedule.

209q1hs.jpg

Phillip finally convinced me to go on Splash Mountain for the first time since I was in junior high, so probably 02-03. Clearly terrified lol

I'll try to start posting some more this evening, as well as a quick introduction of us and the couple traveling with us!

Trip Dates: 10/27 - 11/10
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
royal-room-port-orleans-riverside-disney-world-hotel-008.jpg

Arrival Day
Flight Information: Depart local airport at 6:15 AM and land in Orlando around 4:00 PM. We will take Magical Express to our resort.

We are planning on checking into our room before heading to dinner at 8:10 PM. We will be having dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'. When we made all of our reservations, I was super excited to try all of the delicious food, especially the fried chicken. As of July, I am no longer able to eat anything with gluten or that has touched gluten without being sick for the next week. So, unless I want to have stomach cramps, be dizzy, and have brain fog, I better stay away. I've been doing a lot of research on the gluten free offerings at the restaurants we have booked. I believe we only cancelled one of our reservations somewhere and re-booked elsewhere.

After our late dinner reservation, we plan on heading back to the room to get some much needed rest and prepare for the long day ahead!​

October 28th
Park: Magic Kingdom/MNSSHP
FP+: Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and 6 multiple experiences.
Dining: All quick service, potentially Cosmic Ray's for one meal.
Extras?: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

We had initially booked Early Morning Magic for this morning and it ended up being cancelled. Because of the cancellation, Disney offered us 6 multiple experience FPs for the day on top of our refund. We are pretty happy with the trade off.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter