Halloween Horror Nights 2013

We are going on Sunday, Oct 20. Maybe I can talk the crew into arriving at 10am instead of at 9. We will have a late lunch/early supper and then head for the holding pen. Are there two pens and do we have our choice of where to go? Which one would you recommend? My brother has a plan and he is most interested in Walking Dead, Cabin in the Woods, AWIL. We will likely do 4 houses, then a show, then more houses. Maybe we can be done by 1am as we have the XP.

We are going on Sunday, Oct 20. Maybe I can talk the crew into arriving at 10am instead of at 9. We will have a late lunch/early supper and then head for the holding pen. Are there two pens and do we have our choice of where to go? Which one would you recommend? My brother has a plan and he is most interested in Walking Dead, Cabin in the Woods, AWIL. We will likely do 4 houses, then a show, then more houses. Maybe we can be done by 1am as we have the XP.

You using FP? The pen I start at is on Delancey street I head over to by despicable me there are 3 HH on a row there.. TWD is on the other side by Barney I believe.. Check the map out on the HHN web site. From the pen you should be golden for at least 3 HH without big lines.

The main holding area is the one on Delancey Street by Finnegan's. You will do American Werewolf in London first. The houses open at different times so just keep that in mind. The holding areas are near ET and Despicable Me but I'm not sure which houses are open early with those. I always go the the main holding area.

Any ideas on how busy it will be on Saturday, November 2?

Also, when I look at the calendar, it states the event closes at 12 am but other posts say it is open later on Saturdays. Am I missing something? Do they stay open later than posted?

So looking forward to my HHN!

I almost hate to ask this, but what and when is "hell week?" How bad will the crowds likely be then? (our date is Sun Oct 20 )

Any ideas on how busy it will be on Saturday, November 2?

Also, when I look at the calendar, it states the event closes at 12 am but other posts say it is open later on Saturdays. Am I missing something? Do they stay open later than posted?

So looking forward to my HHN!
It's hard to guess since it's the last night of the event. Since it's closing at midnight that night, I would guess they aren't expecting a very busy night.

Thanks for the sympathy all. My husband and I talked it over and we are going to just buy our friends the express passes. I am hoping the express lines won't be horrible and we will still get to see most the house and the shows. :)

We are excited, hurry up Friday and get here!!

Thanks for the sympathy all. My husband and I talked it over and we are going to just buy our friends the express passes. I am hoping the express lines won't be horrible and we will still get to see most the house and the shows. :)

We are excited, hurry up Friday and get here!!
Glad you got it all worked out.

I almost hate to ask this, but what and when is "hell week?" How bad will the crowds likely be then? (our date is Sun Oct 20 )

In a word (ok, 2 words) High schoolers. Plus, they're apparently doing something with/for UCF students on October 20th (where they can get cheaper tickets) So it's likely to be more crowded that night.

In a word (ok, 2 words) High schoolers. Plus, they're apparently doing something with/for UCF students on October 20th (where they can get cheaper tickets) So it's likely to be more crowded that night.

Great edgy days week is hell week again?

Probably the same as the day but never did it during HHN.
We can still bring in water and Power Aide in a small fanny pack during the event to save a few $ ?

Never been to HHH, but the gf is really interested in going. I tried reading thru this thread to get my answers, but it was taking too long. We want to go on Nov. 1st. With ticket price at $128 and HHH at $53, we are looking at $400 after taxes for both of us. Add in another $90 for express and we are looking at $500 for the day. Seems a little high, but thats the price you pay to have fun.

My questions are:

What are the lines like after Halloween? Will we definitely need Express passes to do it, and is it just the regular express pass you would use in the afternoon for IOA and US? Is there a cheaper way to do this?

Thanks for the help. Ive been to IOA and US probably a half dozen times, but never HHH, so thanks for being patient with me. Feel free to add in anything I missed.

My questions are:

What are the lines like after Halloween? Will we definitely need Express passes to do it, and is it just the regular express pass you would use in the afternoon for IOA and US? Is there a cheaper way to do this?
In my experience going after Halloween, it's still pretty busy. If you only have the one night you should probably purchase the EP. HHN has it's own Express Pass so you can't use the one from the day and there are no discounts on EPs.

We are doing the RIP Tour..we are not staying on site.

We do not have to check in for our tour anytime between 7:15pm - 7:45pm. Tour does not kick off until 8pm

Anyone who has done the tour before since we can get in at 6:30 any suggestion for how to spend that 45 mins to an hour?

Plus, they're apparently doing something with/for UCF students on October 20th (where they can get cheaper tickets) So it's likely to be more crowded that night.
Yeah I remember the UCF night from last year...lots of Knights running around.

What time do you think we should get there, we're going on this Sunday 10/13? Do the gates open at 6:30 or slightly before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter