Halloween Horror Nights

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Hi,

Question about HHN? Is it too scary for a 9 year old girl.....She love hulk, dueling dragons, etc. Refuses to go on Twister and Jaws. (went on Jaws earlier this month and cried).

Is there anythere for a skittish child??????

We are really looking forward to HHN, I am so glad the hotels have babysitting services.

Patty

Patty,
I haven't been yet, but plan to go this year. From all I've heard though, it's rated PG-13 and while I let my kids watch movies that are rated as such, I think I'll be leaving them at home for this. Neither of my kids (7 & 9) are fond of Jaws or Twister, and I took them to Gatorlands' Halloween night and all it took was one chainsaw weilding character to take them out of the "fun"!!!:eek: Every kid is different, but if Jaws is too much, my guess is you would all have a better night if you use the babysitting service and have a "grownup" night out!
Just my opinion, but I've read up on it and it sounds like it can be intense and really isn't intended to be for kids.
Happy planning!
Karen

Thanks for the info, looks like we'll be dropping her off that night for sure.

Patty

I'm also wondering if we should go. My DH would be fine, of course. We have a fairly cowardly 10 yo. DS and a very cowardly DM (me)! :D This is the first year our son will ride Haunted Mansion with his eyes open. He's fine with thrill rides. Like his Mom, it is the dark that gets him. I will be fine with the haunted houses as long as noone touches me. Although, I am a little giddish about people jumping at me with that loud shrill. :) What is there except the haunted houses? Enough for us to spend extra money on? I read last year that it is recommended for kids 13 and older. Is it really that scary? We don't even care that much about going, but with Universal closing at 5:30 and IOA closing at 7:00 what do you do? We don't party so City Walk doesn't sound like we could be entertained for an evening. We can watch a movie at home. Guess we could go to Epcot, but with only 3 nights I'd rather not leave the property. Any suggestions for us? Thanks!

You can not even compare the haunted mansion to HHN. I thought it was sooo scary. They seem to really pick you out of the crowd if you scare easily. I screamed because one creature was in my face with a chainsaw. I put my face in my husbands back to cover my eyes, then before I knew it there was about 5 chainsaw guys surrounding me. The more I screamed, the more they stuck around. There's so much fog that a creature could be an inch away from your face before you seen them. When they had "Jack", this disgusting clown guy he put his mouth near my cousins ear and made some gross licking tongue sounds. So no! I would not recommend it to a cowardly young child! I thought it was fun and would do it again.

Thanks for all your info, it looks like we wont bring her (how could we, she practically wets her pants on JAWS). It would be to mean. We'll have to leave her with the baby sitting club that night.

Thanks again.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter