Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the Grand Californian. does anyone know if we can enter the party from there?

We are staying at the Grand Californian. does anyone know if we can enter the party from there?
We're going tomorrow... and staying at the Grand Cal!

Someone mentioned last week in this thread that they were let in through the GC entrance around 1:30 pm and then got the wristbands for the party at Blue Sky Cellar (by Wine Country Trattoria) at 3 pm. Said their was zero wait. Wasn't very clear whether they used their Oogie Boogie pass to enter 90 min earlier than the specified early-entry time of 3 pm.

Someone mentioned last week in this thread that they were let in through the GC entrance around 1:30 pm and then got the wristbands for the party at Blue Sky Cellar (by Wine Country Trattoria) at 3 pm. Said their was zero wait. Wasn't very clear whether they used their Oogie Boogie pass to enter 90 min earlier than the specified early-entry time of 3 pm.
Yeah the entrance was open all night through the party and you could use the party ticket once early entry was reached. As for picking up the wristbands that’s exactly correct from my experience.

We are going to the party tomorrow as well. Thanks for the info.

For those attending the OBB tonight, please report back on the party merchandise situation. Hopefully, things are under control by now. If there have been any rule changes because of the incident at the last party, please update. TIA!

Am I correct that Sunday visitors get in four hours before the party i.e. at 2pm?

In case this matters to anyone, I looked over the treats and the giant goldfish grahams seem to be exclusive for the party. I've checked and they aren't available in grocery stores or outside of bulk ordering.

Getting very excited for the party - we are traveling from Minneapolis on Wednesday and staying at Disneyland Hotel. Party on Thursday night - my husband and I will be dressed as Junior Woodchucks. It is also Gay Days at Disney this coming weekend which we didn't even know about - but works out perfectly for us :) Thanks to everyone on this thread for helping us prepare. Have a great week!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful information--it helps so much for planning!! :-)

Is anyone able to give any information about how early we would be able to get in to the party on a Tuesday (3 PM entrance)?

I have read that some people have been allowed to enter with their OBB tickets at 2:50 PM...
Has anyone been able to get in EARLIER than 2:50 PM? (For a Tuesday party)

I'd love to get in early, SIMPLY to avoid the long wristband/photo/treat bag lines...
But I don't want to be a nuisance and show up so early as to be obnoxious and rude...

Thanks everyone!! I love the DIS so much!!
Julie :-)

We were there Thursday night and headed to the store near Grizzly River Run about 20 minutes to 6pm. There were a few people there and the CM’s displayed the pins so people could see them, but told us none would be sold before 6 and we had to have a wristband. When I asked about spirit jerseys - I was told they were sold out in everything but XS (which was only still available at Elias & Co.). I was disappointed, as that was the one thing I really wanted. I hope they have restocked them for future parties, so others get a chance to buy one. I was able to pick up the ears and the light weight zip up at a cart near The Cars Land entrance and it was much easier to see the items and the CM’s were really nice. Purchased pins at Elias & Co about 7:30 with no issues.

I was stopped and asked for my email address to do a survey on the OBB. When I received the survey, my comments did include my thoughts on the lack of spirit jerseys by the 3rd night. Suggested limiting numbers to each person - as I hated that so many of those end up on eBay, etc at inflated prices.

Thanks for mentioning the location (I'm assuming Elias & Co.? Or was it another store?). I wasn't sure if it happened at a store or at a kiosk. And why that party and not an earlier one? The wristband checking rule has been well publicized by now.

This happened at Gone Hollywood for the very first party too. Only difference no one was checking wristbands, no limits, no line control for check out, no nothing. They basically brought out a rack of spirit jerseys, said a few words and then ran for cover. Person in front me ran up a bill of over 800 Dollars-

We were there Thursday night and headed to the store near Grizzly River Run about 20 minutes to 6pm. There were a few people there and the CM’s displayed the pins so people could see them, but told us none would be sold before 6 and we had to have a wristband. When I asked about spirit jerseys - I was told they were sold out in everything but XS (which was only still available at Elias & Co.). I was disappointed, as that was the one thing I really wanted. I hope they have restocked them for future parties, so others get a chance to buy one. I was able to pick up the ears and the light weight zip up at a cart near The Cars Land entrance and it was much easier to see the items and the CM’s were really nice. Purchased pins at Elias & Co about 7:30 with no issues.

I was stopped and asked for my email address to do a survey on the OBB. When I received the survey, my comments did include my thoughts on the lack of spirit jerseys by the 3rd night. Suggested limiting numbers to each person - as I hated that so many of those end up on eBay, etc at inflated prices.

Gone Hollywood had Spirit Jerseys in all sizes on the 24th. Even some of the standard Halloween ones that were declared sold out resort wide.

Some questions about characters at the party :
  • Can anyone who went to the party on Sunday, Sep. 22 or is going tonight, Tuesday, Sep. 24, confirm if kinks from earlier parties have been worked out yet (i.e. characters coming out well after 6pm)?
  • Did you see any lines forming before 6pm?
  • Did any lines close or were cut-off before 11pm?
  • Which character lines were over 15-30 minutes? (I’ve heard Kingdom Hearts averages 2 hours and the villains average 1 hour. Have you found this to be accurate?)

19th it was still very mixed with when characters came out. Kingdom Hearts started only maybe 5 minutes after 6, but Marvel was 7.

Kingdom Hearts started ridiculously early, I wanna say 4 pm.

Line were quite short the later it got, didn't see any cut offs.

Kingdom Hearts, Rescue Rangers was slow due to Chip and Dale being playful. Marvel was slow because especially Star Lord loved interacting with people. Villains definitely was not one hour, did it several times.

In case this matters to anyone, I looked over the treats and the giant goldfish grahams seem to be exclusive for the party. I've checked and they aren't available in grocery stores or outside of bulk ordering.
I remember loving those giant goldfish grahams at Mickey's Halloween Party a couple of years ago. I was bummed that I couldn't find them at a store! We'll be there in a couple of weeks...Which trick-or-treat trail had these at OBB?

I remember loving those giant goldfish grahams at Mickey's Halloween Party a couple of years ago. I was bummed that I couldn't find them at a store! We'll be there in a couple of weeks...Which trick-or-treat trail had these at OBB?

I got them in Carsland and at the Mad Hatter one.

11 days for us... we are landing at 2 pm... at dreaded LAX... I couldn’t justify the price difference this time, so sad about not flying into SNA or LGB. Staying at the Fairfield, also new, we usually stay on site. I think we are going to pretty much throw our bag at them and go to the park and check in later. I guess we will see how long the line is at reception.

We have OBB that night, and we are going to the Darkside the next day and do the park and the HHN that night. Then back to DLR for Saturday and the bulk of Sunday. I got F! “linner” at BB at 3 pm Saturday, and I just scored Oga’s for 12:30 pm too.... Sunday we are doing brunch at Storytellers... other than that we are just mobile ordering around the park.... hit hot topic and dd got some cute tees... we also got blinky ghost and bat necklaces from Freddy’s... really getting excited here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter