HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold out merch was a drawback for me too. I never did find the poison apple mug (did luck out on the mickey popcorn bucket though) and to my knowledge (and my chagrin because I never stopped asking and looking) they never did restock it. How can they sell out of halloween themed merch before October even starts? That is totally poor planning.
3 years ago when we went to the first MHP there was so much Halloween Merchandise. Last year I was lucky to find a Halloween pin. I don't understand why they don't sell special halloween merchandise during the party for only guests who attend the party like they do at WDW's MVMCP. All I wanted last year was a Halloween tote for trick or treating and they we're all out. Hopefully I find one next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It does seem like everything sold out well before October.. the poison mugs, the mickey vampire bucket and the tiki mugs.. ugh...

It is definitely one of the oddities of Disney that Halloween merchandise sells out by the end of September! Imagine our shock when we entered MHP to see Showcase full of Christmas merchandise. That killed the mood for a moment!

I'm so worried right now. D: I was checking the weather and it says that Oct 17 has a chance of rain and some winds. That's the day we're going to the Halloween Party! And the only reason I want to go is because of the fireworks. A friend told me they cancelled their fireworks show on Oct 3 because of the winds. :( can someone ease my worries?

I'm so worried right now. D: I was checking the weather and it says that Oct 17 has a chance of rain and some winds. That's the day we're going to the Halloween Party! And the only reason I want to go is because of the fireworks. A friend told me they cancelled their fireworks show on Oct 3 because of the winds. :( can someone ease my worries?
We had rain during our party a few years ago. They did not do the fireworks that time and there wasn't even a parade back then as far I can recall.
If it is at all possible, they will do the fireworks. Have a couple other special things planned for in case they don't. At least that way, you'll have a good time no matter what.

I really wanted the Blue Bayou dinner, but it was sold out for my party. I check every day and haven't seen any openings. It's confusing to me because it seems like I bought the party tickets shortly after they were online for sale and yet the dinner was already sold out. It was also one of the last party nights that sold out. At any rate, I am going to turn my energy towards doing something else, like maybe trying out a couple of the special desserts at Jolly Holiday and the pumpkin flan. I'll probably ride POTC just to look at everyone eating dinner.

We had rain during our party a few years ago. They did not do the fireworks that time and there wasn't even a parade back then as far I can recall.
If it is at all possible, they will do the fireworks. Have a couple other special things planned for in case they don't. At least that way, you'll have a good time no matter what.

I heard that if they cancel the Halloween fireworks they usually play them the next day! Is that true? Thank you!

I really wanted the Blue Bayou dinner, but it was sold out for my party. I check every day and haven't seen any openings. It's confusing to me because it seems like I bought the party tickets shortly after they were online for sale and yet the dinner was already sold out. It was also one of the last party nights that sold out. At any rate, I am going to turn my energy towards doing something else, like maybe trying out a couple of the special desserts at Jolly Holiday and the pumpkin flan. I'll probably ride POTC just to look at everyone eating dinner.

I think a lot of people were like me and a bit commando about their party tix and booking the BB ressies. I got my MHP the day the opened for AP holders and I got my BB ADR the very moment they first came online. funny thing is with so many of us being so hard core about it a lot of people canceled the week of their parties. I ended up doing that because I as worried that the dinner would take too long and I really want to get to the toon town preparty. Keep looking. However i was at the 10/5 party and I didnt need the preferred viewing spot. I grabbed a curb side spot at 7:20. It was only a difference of 25 minutes between that and when I would have gone to the BB spot any way.

Either way enjoy your party-we sure did.

Last edited:

Don't worry......it looks like just rain in the morning!

I heard that if they cancel the Halloween fireworks they usually play them the next day! Is that true? Thank you!

I wouldn't count on that being true, instead of showing the fireworks for the party guests that paid for the party fireworks they show them the next day when the party isn't going on? I think Halloween Party guests would get pretty upset if that happened. Plus it costs A LOT to run the fireworks show, if Disney doesn't need to spend money, they wont.

I think they will do the Halloween fireworks the next day IF they have already loaded them before they're cancelled. Presumably because it would be either difficult, time consuming, or impossible to unload them. I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I have seen it posted multiple times by others.

I think they will do the Halloween fireworks the next day IF they have already loaded them before they're cancelled. Presumably because it would be either difficult, time consuming, or impossible to unload them. I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I have seen it posted multiple times by others.

That's what I've heard. Once they are loaded, they have to shoot them off, even if it's the next day.

Yes, they are in one set of costumes at the pre-party, then another set during the party. Last year they were on the trail to Big Thunder Ranch. I know that area is closed now, but not sure exactly where so have no idea if they will still be in that area or somewhere else.

We were somewhat early in line for the pre-party and knew where to line up for Mickey and Minnie ahead of time, so were first to meet them, so very little hassle. We didn't get to them during the party until about an hour into it (since we met Villains first) and their line was crazy long and crazy slow.

Photopass is out during the party, but was not out for the pre-party. They did have character handlers who would take pictures on your own camera though.

This was the pre-party last year:

Toontown Mickey & Minnie by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And during the party:

Mickey and MInne at Mickey's Halloween Party by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I seriously can't get over the beautiful dresses you make, @mom2rtk

Regarding fireworks being let off the next night I know others have said it is true but I don't think they HAVE to do that. When we were in DL in February Fireworks were cancelled for SEVERAL days in a row due to high winds up higher in the air (it was not even breezy down at ground level). We were there Wed-Sat and never got to see the fireworks though we tried every night.

Regarding fireworks being let off the next night I know others have said it is true but I don't think they HAVE to do that. When we were in DL in February Fireworks were cancelled for SEVERAL days in a row due to high winds up higher in the air (it was not even breezy down at ground level). We were there Wed-Sat and never got to see the fireworks though we tried every night.

I bet what it is, is if the fireworks have already been loaded into the launchers - they HAVE to set them off; they can't unload them. If they call the fireworks on account of wind before they load them, then they don't have to shoot off any fireworks until the wind dies down. Just my guess. :confused3

In the past once the fireworks are loaded they do not unload them, if the show is cancelled. The next night that fireworks are scheduled the loaded show goes off.

If Halloween Screams is loaded on a Monday and fireworks are cancelled the show will not go off on Tuesday as this time of year there are no fireworks on Tuesdays. What will happen to a Monday loaded show is it will be held until the Wed. Halloween party and go off during the Wed. party.

The only way Halloween Screams will go off on a non-party night is if the fireworks are cancelled on a party night and the next scheduled Fantasy in the Sky fireworks are before the next party night. So if a Friday night Halloween Screams is cancelled and the next night, Saturday, is not, the Halloween Screams will go off on that Saturday night.

Not sure how they would handle Halloween night if Halloween Screams is cancelled as the next night fireworks are scheduled would be Nov 4th. Might be a bit odd (yet fun) to see the Halloween fireworks with Christmas decorations all around you!

In the past once the fireworks are loaded they do not unload them, if the show is cancelled. The next night that fireworks are scheduled the loaded show goes off.

If Halloween Screams is loaded on a Monday and fireworks are cancelled the show will not go off on Tuesday as this time of year there are no fireworks on Tuesdays. What will happen to a Monday loaded show is it will be held until the Wed. Halloween party and go off during the Wed. party.

The only way Halloween Screams will go off on a non-party night is if the fireworks are cancelled on a party night and the next scheduled Fantasy in the Sky fireworks are before the next party night. So if a Friday night Halloween Screams is cancelled and the next night, Saturday, is not, the Halloween Screams will go off on that Saturday night.

Not sure how they would handle Halloween night if Halloween Screams is cancelled as the next night fireworks are scheduled would be Nov 4th. Might be a bit odd (yet fun) to see the Halloween fireworks with Christmas decorations all around you!

Interesting! Thanks for the info dsny1mom!

I think the point is not that they have to go off the very next night. Instead it means that whatever is loaded will be shot off the next time they get the go ahead.

Interesting question indeed! Although I would be quite happy to watch Halloween Screams any night of the year. :)

I was there the week of the 3rd-7th. The fireworks were not used during the 10/3 party. They also didn't use them the next night (too much wind the second night also?) we did get a truly spooktacular show in 10/5 they also had them on for the 10/7 party. I felt kinda bad for the 10/3 folks if they went home by on 10/4. They didn't even get to see them from a distance and halloween screams is a great fireworks show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter