Hand Cranked Pressed Pennies?

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
I thought I remembered reading on here that the pressed penny machines were going to credit cards only. I tried searching on here, but maybe I just imagined it? :confused3

One of my DS favorite thing to do was find the pressed penny machines and crank those handles. I just want to make sure they still have them before I put quarters and pennies in the M&M containers.

We didn't come across any credit card penny machines in September. A lot of the machines you do just push a button for the design without the cranking. Still fun to collect!

Most still take coins. I think there are only a few that use credit cards and sell pre-pressed pennies.

Both. I felt like there were slightly more crank ones but they are pretty evenly spread everywhere. My kids are obsessed with them. We haven't seen a credit card one yet.

Last month we saw a few machines that had 8 designs that were $1 per coin or $5 for all 8. I didn't look closely, but I would guess those might take a cc.

All of the other machines had up to 4 designs and were coin operated. Some were hand cranked and others were push a button to have the coin pressed.

I thought I remembered reading on here that the pressed penny machines were going to credit cards only. I tried searching on here, but maybe I just imagined it? :confused3

One of my DS favorite thing to do was find the pressed penny machines and crank those handles. I just want to make sure they still have them before I put quarters and pennies in the M&M containers.
Loads of tips, particularly the hyperlink.....

My recollection from July is that we encountered no fewer than 2 credit card machines...but we didn't use our own coins either.

These were machines that pressed a collection at a time.

We left with a bunch of princess coins in one place, Marvel characters from another.

They are an addition, not a replacement. Still have the ones the kids can do themselves. Most are actually

That's good news! It would be good if the new machines could take the magic band. For disabled children and adults it is easier.

We collected the 7 dwarfs pressed pennies a couple of weeks ago. All of the machines we used took coins, but did not have the hand crank - just press the button.

My experience from our last trip a few months back and we did about 100 pressed pennies in total and the vast majority of the machines take coins and you press the button for the design you want. We came across 1 credit card machine that gave you a set all at once and a handful (maybe 10% total) had the crank.

I much prefer the hand-cranked ones! I think the image turns outs better. The automatic ones get really oblong and the image is harder to see and not as deep. Just my 51 cents!

We didn't come across any credit card penny machines in September. A lot of the machines you do just push a button for the design without the cranking. Still fun to collect!
When we got off the Frozen ride in October there was one in the gift shop. Also we rode Splash Mountain (I think) and there was one there that hadn't been there when we rode it 2 nights prior.

I recall seeing the credit card machines at a few locations last month (most were still either hand crank or push the button). The ones I recall were at the exit to the Buzz Lightyear attraction in MK, at the exit to Frozen Ever in Epcot, and two in Once Upon a Toy at Disney Springs. They are more expensive than the regular penny machines, unless you buy all of the designs, which was something that was kind of disappointing.

I did a trip at the end of October and none of the Disney machines I encountered were hand crank. Most were electric where you push the button for the design and I did a few of the CC machines as well - which were really boring! (Star Wars and Marvel at Disney Springs) The CC machines take cash as well, but they provide the coins. The only time I ended up cranking a machine was when we went to Universal, and even those machines were a mix of electric, CC and crank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter