Hanging swimsuits to dry....

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
I would like to hang our swimsuits out to dry, but without having them laying all over the verandah.... (Those chairs are reserved for my 'behind'!!!!!!)

I do not know exactly how the verandahs are made - but I have a tension-spring rod packed. Is there any way to put this spring-rod up on the verandah... I understand that they are 48" deep. I suppose that I could place it at a low level, with one end on the plexiglass and the other on the window? Can it be placed higher up close to the ceiling of the verandah?

Thanks!

I suppose that you could get it to set up, but I don't know if you'll want to have them outside. Those "gentle" breezes can be a bit strong and I'd be worried that they'd blow overboard.

It definitely is a problem. They don't seem to want to dry if you hang them inside, you're not supposed to put them in a dryer, and we all know how unpleasant putting on a wet suit can be. (I just bring extra bathing suits.)

If it's the last day, forget about it. There's no way that they'll dry in time to put them in your luggage. I always pack zip lock bags for this purpose.

There is a line in the bathroom that you can string across the bathtub...that's the place to dry swimsuits. :)

There really is no place on the veranday to string a line and when the ship is in motion you'd run the risk of them blowing away.

Ohhh no!!! I can just see my bikini bottoms flying overboard!!! :eek: LOL!!!

We do have at least three suits apiece for the four night cruise... But you know, we will be sitting in ports every day. Maybe setting up the rod at a low level will work (if it is not more than 48"). Then, our verandah will not look like a clothes line! Otherwise, I had originally thought of using it in the tub instead of, or in addition to, the pull string

Be interesting to see how it works!

Thanks for the info! :D

Bring 15' to 20' of clothesline. There are places to tie off at the ceiling of the veranda. Bring clothespins to secure your wet items.

Unless you get a rouge wave or sail through a hurricane, your clothes will not come off if they are securely pinned.

Be carefull standing on a chair/stool to tie off your clothesline. A backflip over the railing could be a little unpleasant!

Take clothes pins and just use the line in your shower. They will dry pretty quickly hung with pins...much faster than hanging them over the line.

Alternate your bathingsuits and hang the wet ones in the shower with clothespins. I never had a problem with them drying overnight

If everyone started to hang a clothesline on the balcony it would not be a pretty sight:eek:

the man fell overboard after drinking to much. I can just see the headline now.
Lady overboard after trying to hang up clothes line on verandah of the Disney Wonder. LOL!
Be carefully.

Originally posted by raisin64
Alternate your bathingsuits and hang the wet ones in the shower with clothespins. I never had a problem with them drying overnight

If everyone started to hang a clothesline on the balcony it would not be a pretty sight:eek:

Thank you Raisin~ :o I too do not even want to envision bathing suits, towels, etc. flapping in the breeze on the verandah's... heck, why doesn't everyone just hang your skivvies out for the world to see..... DCL will become known as the floating laundry ship...

hang them in the bathroom cause there is a draw string that u could pull across the shower and they should dry by morning. i put mine in the bathroom til before i went to bed and then put them on the veranda. thanks

quote:

OMG!!! :teeth: You guys are cracking me up!!! That would be me for sure if I were perched up there and the ship started rocking!!! LOL!!!

Raisin, I have to agree... a line running along the length of the verandah would be a bit much!!! I am gonna try that little spring-rod, mounted along the inside edge of the verandah, braced between the plexiglass barrier and the wall or window. If it works, I will be sure to post! May be a new cruise-tip????

Hey Wishing,

I just came off the Magic 2 weeks ago, and I too had a Verandah. What I did for drying our suits was get some little suction hooks and stuck them to the wall of the Verandah. They worked like a charm, and I did not worry about my swim things flying off because the hook part is curved. Also my Vernadah did not look junky because I hung them out when we where at sea so no one knew they were out there but us. And when we pulled into the different ports i had taken the suits down way before because they dry in like 2 hours or less. I do not know where you live but you can get those suctions hooks in the hardware store, or Kmart, or some store like that. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter