Hanging up my running shoes

Apparently there's something in the water in July ... we did the four park thing on our last day too. It's crazy exhausting but also crazy fun. You guys did a great job hitting some highlights in each park, and it sounds like a really great trip overall!

I remember that you guys did that as well. It's always something I wanted to attempt and I'm glad we did it. Don't think I'd do it again, but it was certainly fun to do once!

Ahh!!! Your 4 park day was amazing! I have loved following along with your trip, but you post so frequently (which I love!) I'm having a hard time keeping up with my comments! So just know, you have a lovely family and your trip in incredible. :)

Thank you! I figured since I was hijacking my training journal for the trip report, I'd just try to get it done as quickly as possible!

Love these final updates!

I have never been mini golfing at WDW. I really need to try that sometime.

Pandora is one of my favorite things to rope drop. Not just to get onto FoP but it looks awesome in the morning. Griswald looks great! I never ended up naming mine...

Your Dinosaur pictures are fantastic! And that solo ToT elevator shot is a keeper too!

I also have never done 4 parks in one day. Maybe in November I will finally do it.

I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for the mini-golf but since we had time and it was included in the military tickets we bought, it ended up being a really fun diversion.

We had so much fun on this trip and lots of good memories made. Not sure we'll ever get to experience the empty elevator again, but I'd love it if we did. It was cool and creepy. :D

Now that one Disney trip is done, Let's talk about the next one!!

4qwi.gif

I mentioned already that while we were in Disney, we got ourselves registered for the upcoming marathon weekend! Woohoo!! Of course the actual experience of registering was more like this...

HeartfeltScientificGermanpinscher.gif

But regardless, we are officially in for the 10k and the Marathon. YAY!!

I'd already taken care of our lodging reservations at Beach Club. We stayed there in the villas before but this will be our first time on the resort side. I cannot wait!! Maybe this time it will be warm enough to actually try out that fabulous pool.

disneys-yatch-club-resort.jpg

Now with our race registrations set, I decided to book airfare and was able to fly out on Delta and covered most of the flight cost with air miles, so that was awesome. We'll arrive around 11:00 AM on the 9th and then fly home on the 16th.

I've gotten some ADRs in place, but they are pretty flexible right now since I'm not sure exactly how we'll do the parks this time, but one I feel pretty sure I'll keep is one for California Grill on Tuesday the 15th. That's the day after our 30th wedding anniversary and it's @Chris-Mo 's birthday as well.

Since I was booking flights, I also realized I'd not yet booked our flights for Chicago marathon weekend either. I've had the hotel set for awhile, but no flights yet, so I got those booked as well and again was able to pay will mileage from our Chase card. Nothing like booking two different flights for two people in one day and it only cost me in cash outlay a little over $100.

As far as training goes...

anigif_sub-buzz-8196-1518448243-9.gif

That's not been so good. We missed a few runs while in Disney. It was just too challenging to get them done with the insane park schedule I had going, so we just did what we could do. Then, all 4 of us managed to catch a respiratory infection while gone. I got it first while we were there, and Chris and the girls got it around the time we came home.

1000w

So, last week while we were still recovering and settling back into home life was a big, fat failure on training as well.

BUT, this week we are back on track and recommitted. Chris is still fighting the cough, but he's doing his best. So, we are just planning to jump back into the schedule where we are. I don't think we'll have much trouble with it and since we still have a bit over 2 months until Chicago, I feel confident we'll be fine.

f9780ece1713a84c124e805a3a426e38.gif

So, I think that gets things caught up to current for training and look for next week to see a normal training update.

YAYYYYY for Marathon Weekend! I also got sick right when I got back from Disney, talk about a bummer. I hope y'all are all on the mend and get to feeling better soon!

YAYYYYY for Marathon Weekend! I also got sick right when I got back from Disney, talk about a bummer. I hope y'all are all on the mend and get to feeling better soon!

Yeah, traveling unfortunately often leads to catching some kind of illness seems like. I shook it off pretty quickly as did the girls, but Chris has had a really tough time, but he does seem to be getting gradually better.

I feel like planes are the worst for catching something. I prefer to fly in the planes where they have the seat configuration as two four two so I don't have to sit next to anyone I don't know :rotfl2:And I am always like don't touch anything

Great trip report. I'm taking notes for our April trip. I love how you planned your ride photo moves beforehand - they are adorable!

Also, I love your black Mickey T shirt, where did you get it?

I feel like planes are the worst for catching something. I prefer to fly in the planes where they have the seat configuration as two four two so I don't have to sit next to anyone I don't know :rotfl2:And I am always like don't touch anything

They really are just the worst for spreading infections and I'm not as diligent about being careful as I should be!

Great trip report. I'm taking notes for our April trip. I love how you planned your ride photo moves beforehand - they are adorable!

Also, I love your black Mickey T shirt, where did you get it?

We had fun while waiting in line trying to figure out what we wanted to do for the ride photos.

I found that shirt in one of the shops at the front of Animal Kingdom. Island Mercantile maybe?? I love it too!

Love all of the Disney pictures!!!! Looks like yall had a amazing trip!

Thanks. It was seriously probably the best trip we've ever had.

LET'S TALK COSTUMES

tumblr_maq1uiTx6u1rgkw4fo1_500.gif

We've run several Disney races now, and I always flirt with the idea of a costume, but we've never actually done one. We've usually gotten custom running shirts with some Disney inspired thing on them, but never a true costume. Partly that is because I don't want something that is going to be difficult to run in. I want to be as comfortable as possible while running. I'm also completely useless at sewing and therefore making my own costumes was pretty much not going to happen.

giphy.gif

So, for a few years, I have admired running costumes made by and Etsy shop called Iglow running. She does a lot of Disney type costumes, but they are made in tech fabric and designed to be comfortable for running. With the release of the new Incredibles sequel this year, I decided I really wanted to do an Incredibles themed costume for the marathon. So, I contacted the woman who owns Iglow running and inquired about running shirts for me as ElastiGirl and Chris as the original Mr. Incredible. She was so quick to respond and shortly sent the following options.

Mr. Incredible

and ElastiGirl

She had previously made the ElastiGirl one for someone else, but I want it in White because...

it was white! She's going to do the arm sleeves as well and I asked her for calf sleeves in red too. I bought these new shoes too!

Now, I already have a white sparkle skirt, so I'm going with a skirt with the shirt instead of shorts (because white shorts make me nervous :scared:). But, I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to figure out how to make masks too, but we won't wear them the whole time running, but I'm thinking I could make something out of felt with elastic that we could stick in our pockets and pull out for pictures. So, I'm happy to have a costume plan for the marathon.
:cool1:

Of course, that led to me thinking about the 10k...

I've shared that Chris loves Haunted Mansion, and well, so do I! And when we were at Disney a couple of weeks ago, I saw some shirts in Memento Mori that I thought would work for a good costume for us for the 10k. I had planned to go back and maybe buy them, but our last day was a little hectic and I just forgot. But, I thought, no big deal. I can order them off the Shop Disney app thing except when I looked for them it said, "In Store Only".

So, I proceeded to scour the internet to try and find something similar. And, while I did find some that were similar, they were either more expensive (believe it or not) or I just didn't like the look of them. I was bummed. But, then, I saw some Facebook posts from a friend who is at Disney now, so I shot her a message asking if she would maybe buy then for me and bring them home and I'd just pay her back. She said, "sure!" So, I'm hoping they still have them and in our size so we can wear these for the 10k.

I've got a black sparkle skirt I'd plan on wearing with them. Now, they aren't running shirts per se, but since it's only a 10k and not a marathon, I figure they will work ok. So, here's hoping that all works out and we'll be fully outfitted for our races!

Aww, your first runDisney costumes. I love both outfits! (Although after my 3.25 mile sweat-fest this morning, I'm not sure how "not running shirts per se" will work out for the 10K ... but hopefully the weather will be not super humid and you'll be okay)

Great costume ideas! I was Mrs. Incredible for the 2016 marathon and then I reused that costume for the half this year (although I had to heavily modify it for the extreme cold). For the marathon this year, the mermaid shirt in my avatar is from iGlowRunning. It was comfortable and cute, I was very happy with it. :thumbsup2

Great ideas!

I still have no idea what I am doing for Wine and Dine and Marathon Weekend. I don't really do costumes but I will do themes or more like a Disneybound.

Aww, your first runDisney costumes. I love both outfits! (Although after my 3.25 mile sweat-fest this morning, I'm not sure how "not running shirts per se" will work out for the 10K ... but hopefully the weather will be not super humid and you'll be okay)

Yeah, I'm hoping they will be okay. Of course if it's freezing again like this year, I'll probably be fine. (Please don't be freezing again!)

Great costume ideas! I was Mrs. Incredible for the 2016 marathon and then I reused that costume for the half this year (although I had to heavily modify it for the extreme cold). For the marathon this year, the mermaid shirt in my avatar is from iGlowRunning. It was comfortable and cute, I was very happy with it. :thumbsup2

Oh I'm glad to hear you liked your iGlowRunning skirt and it's so cute! I've only heard good things about her stuff, so I'm optimistic.

Great ideas!

I still have no idea what I am doing for Wine and Dine and Marathon Weekend. I don't really do costumes but I will do themes or more like a Disneybound.

You better get to thinking about Wine and Dine. It will be here before you know it. I really do need to start thinking about what year to try for our redo of W&D.

I saw someone on the subway with the Edna mode bag you bought. First time I've seen it in person - it's so cute!!

Awesome. It really is great. It was perfect for a plane bag too.

You better get to thinking about Wine and Dine. It will be here before you know it. I really do need to start thinking about what year to try for our redo of W&D.
Yeah I know. I’m thinking maybe a chef Mickey theme. 2019 is an anniversary year for wine and dine if that helps.

I really do need to start thinking about what year to try for our redo of W&D.

If it helps, I'm tentatively thinking 2021 ... combine my WDW 50th anniversary visit with W&D (even though the anniversary is over a month earlier ... no way I'm going for the actual anniversary - too many people)

If it helps, I'm tentatively thinking 2021 ... combine my WDW 50th anniversary visit with W&D (even though the anniversary is over a month earlier ... no way I'm going for the actual anniversary - too many people)
Come on it will be fun! I’m hoping to be there on October 1st, 2021.

Come on it will be fun! I’m hoping to be there on October 1st, 2021.

Hmm ... go on the actual anniversary and start having anxiety attacks from the crowds or wait a month when all the fun stuff will still be there and the crowds will be less anxiety-inducing ... that's a tough one.

Yeah I know. I’m thinking maybe a chef Mickey theme. 2019 is an anniversary year for wine and dine if that helps.

Chef Mickey would be a great costume idea. And hmmm anniversary year for W&D next year huh? I'm a sucker for anniversary years.

Ooooh, this is tempting too. Plus more time to recover for my Disney trip savings. Not sure I could get Chris to agree to 2 trips in one year again. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter