Happiest Celebration on Earth Swap?!?? for anyone

I REALLY like the idea that Hopemax suggested with the headings from the DL 50th Anniversary souvenier book! Personally, I would prefer to stay away from this being a character swap, though.

I can also see embellishments maybe being one other element to go with the headings for this swap, too, so that people can design their pages for their own experience of the 50th anniversary.

July or even later in July would be a good due date for me.

i like the heading/words...and trying to create something from there? but then again...i don't know what that "something" would be!

That's the only reason I suggested the character thing too. I didn't know if a word would be enough inspiration, and if we were going to limit colors to the colors that Disney is using in it's materials. I just had an image of Alice sitting on the bank of the river that seemed to go well with "Forever Dreaming," not that the piece would be an Alice piece, just that a small embellishment of Alice daydreaming might reinforce the concept of "Forever Dreaming," the Fairy Godmother might reinforce the concept of Enchantment, etc. I was trying to think of something that would be relevant for both parks and didn't think attractions, and stil just trying to get to "something more."

But if you guys think the words are enough inspiration.

Hope that was what I was trying to get at at suggested characters. Not make it character swap, but that characters don't make it one park or another.

KaMommy would make 12 and there was one more request that I cannot remember now, my notes are at home.

So we have 13 people (unless someone has supersition about that). I'll post the list later along with embelishments.

Can someone post all the chpater titles out the the 50th anniversary book so that we can choose them along with the embellishments etc.

i did have one other thought last night famous disney phrases too

When you wish upon a star....

Hey there hi there ho there we're as happy as can be...

I had others in me mid but now they escape me. I think I have a Disney quote book at home (actually maybe I gave it to MIL, but oculd borrow it back)

Do does everyone feel about a main color(s) theme? Yes or no?

And what specifically will make this the Happiest Celebration on Earth swap as opposed to anything else?

The chapters are the ones I posted above: Dreams, traditions, surprises, adventure, fun, thrills, music, secrets, enchantment, forever dreaming, There are only 10, so either we will have to double up, or find some other words/themes.

I actually like the idea of a color scheme. That way if you used them in a whole book it would have a nice flow.

What if everyone had a word/saying and then made another item to go along with that. It could include a character if you wanted or anything else you felt would go on the same page. We might end up with some of the same extras as far as type but they will all be different in theme.

One of the sayings could be The Happiest Celebration on Earth. That way we would all know what it was. LOL

I know that you already have everyone for the swap but these are the things I speciafically remember about the Happiest Celebration and what came to each park for it:
WDW:
MK: Castle makeover with characters and gold trim, Wishes, Cinderellabration (from Japan)
EPCOT: Turtle Talk, Soarin' (from CA), 50 Hidden Mickey's in the Flower and Garden Show (2004)
MGM: LMA (From Paris)
AK: Lucky (Anomated Dino that walks and talks with people 1st at DL, then AK, now Hong Kong)

Disneyland: I don't know as many specifics but I do know that they added gold vehicles to many of the rides and opened Monsters Inc, Buzz Lightyear, wasn't Block Party Bash and Dreams Come True Fireworks part of this, Tower of Terror, Renovations of Space Mountain.

Saignage at WDW is Purple with Pink writing and Gold embelishments.

jennyL said:
One of the sayings could be The Happiest Celebration on Earth. That way we would all know what it was. LOL

I think that the other two should be The Happiest Celebration on earth. We will likely not use all 12 elements on one page, so it woudl make sense to have some say that. Or one could be Disney!

I like the idea of a color scheme. I also like each of us picking a saying and then making whatever we want to go along with it or we could use the same saying on both of our elements?

1.Dreams
2. traditions
3. surprises
4. adventure
5. fun
6. thrills
7. music
8. secrets
9. enchantment
10. forever dreaming

???
11. Wishes?
12. Happiest Celebreation on Earth?
13. Walt and Mickey (Partners statue)?
14. Imagination?
15. Parades?

Ladies more suggestions or one you like from above? 1-10 is set. We have a total of 13 particiapants. The person (I am sorry I do not write down names and am bad with them) that shared what you remember about HCOE (Happiest Celebreation on Earth) would you like to join? That would make 14, a less superstitious number. But that I would not take anyone else. This is pending all interested are still interested once we get this rules and date set.

Again will post more once I am home.

Ooh! I like the Partners one! (I like them all, but that statue always gives me goose bumps! ;) ) I'm excited about this swap! :cheer2: Did we decide on a due date? :confused3

OKay here are those interested in particpating. After reading this post please confirm.

1. MyLittlePiglet (me)
2.potterphreak
3. mickeyfan2
4. pixiedust32
5. yodasmom
6. jennyL
7. Stitchisourhero
8. bclydia
9. rsjj
10. christinadei
11. hopemax
12. Kamommy
13. fanofthemouse
14. rlovew

Primary colors to use are definately gold, red, and blue. What does everyone think about pink and purple? yes they were the color of the banners on main street?

Chose one word (to be listed in next email) and create an element with that word (border, large tag etc), one embellishment to go with word, and quote or journal box (is that last one too much?) That would mean you are making 3 items times 14 people = 42 things. Maybe that is too much. THat is if all 14 people are still in. Group vote what do we think?

Since I am going to assume for the moment we will go with my suggestions of 3 elements per word, than I would say Monday July 24th as due date that way I have a week for stranglers etc. And we would potenially get our packages first week of August.

What does everyone think? I do not want anyone to not particpate that is on the above list so please chime in. Again this is my first time so any comments are appreciated.

1.Dreams
2. traditions
3. surprises
4. adventure
5. fun
6. thrills
7. music
8. secrets
9. enchantment
10. forever dreaming

???
11. Wishes?
12. Happiest Celebreation on Earth?
13. Walt and Mickey (Partners statue)?
14. Imagination?
15. Parades?

Or any others one could think of and group accepts. Let's definately try to get 1-10 though.

I'm still in. I think making the extra item is fine that way everyone would have a complete page if they wanted. We also will have alot of time before they are due to work on them. However if everyone wants to drop thelast item I could be ok with that too.

Are we picking words? If so I'd love Secrets. I have an idea already.

This looks fine, but before I vote on two or three, could we define "embellishment"?

I'm not sure but I was thinking embellishment as being a tag, shaker box, photo mat, frame or something like that. Is that what everyone else was thinking?

I do not think we really need to define embellishment... that could be part of the fun. I agree with previous post on what she was thinking. I am cool if it is coordinating photo frame. Sticker mounted on something, tag, envelope, it all depend on how into it you want to get.

Like I was thinking Imagination (although not one of ten so seeing what other people think) and making my embellishment be the follow the bouncing figment to some of the words to the song of the attraction. Even if the ride is not at DL Figment is a classic disney character. Just a thought (not married to it) just thinking out loud. I think this swap will be a little more free flow as far as defining things. As previously stated a item with word, embellishment, and possibly quote or journal box could in theory give someone a whole page.

1.Dreams
2. traditions
3. surprises
4. adventure
5. fun = christinadei
6. thrills
7. music
8. secrets = jennyL
9. enchantment
10. forever dreaming

Stitchisouthero did you want partners?

And who talked about Forever dreaming did you want that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter