Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

We’ve walked past it every single time we went to or from the parks so we felt it really was time we visited! We used to like Bar American but it wasn’t open this trip (and all the signage was gone…). We had good service in the Thirsty Fish, the Italian Old Fashioned was very nice and the sofas were comfy so we’ll likely return.

Echoing others - the bangle is gorgeous!

Yes, we liked Bar American too, only visited a couple of times. Yes, it’s now part of the Club Lounge there. We must try the Thirsty Fish sometime.

Thank you, I do love that bangle.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH

HAPPY 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Where does the time go?

30 years married today plus the time before we got married.....I think my husband deserves a medal! I knew I met the right person straight away, as soon as I saw him for the first time......and we`ve been very lucky over the years, we`ve had a good life together, raised the perfect son, and he almost is perfect......yes, I`m biased 💞 ......and generally both think we`ve done alright.......

A lot has changed in 30 years, including us.......😉

Our wedding day was one of the most gorgeous days, we were so lucky as every Saturday for the 8 weeks leading up to our day had been pouring with rain, so we were convinced it was going to be the same, but we were over the moon with how sunny it was, and warm too!!

cv32-L.jpg

cv33-L.jpg

Today, I was up extra early......I had gone through with my iPad to the sitting room and watched the sun come up over the RP opposite, it is a beautiful view and any sunrise like that is worthe being up for.

I had a lot of emails this morning from folks who remembered what today was. I had also come away with cards from friends and family who were very organised and Tom and I remembered to get each other a card too before we left.

I`m not known for my patience, so I did make a lot of noise to make sure my ever loving husband was awake.....I think he had been awake for a while and was just enjoying the peace and quiet while I was next door and was smirking as I thought I`d try and waken him.

Happy Anniversary were the first words we spoke.......:hug:

We showered quickly and we were then opening cards and my main gift for the day........of course you`ve all seen it now......

But, I did enjoy opening that big blue box.......

i-MZBRnLc-X2.jpg

Our pictures just don`t do it justice......

i-MQhR4kZ-X2.jpg

But, I did love it.

i-GTD5z5C-X2.jpg

We had a few little gifts to open which were lovely too and once we were finished we headed over for breakfast and I was certainly going to enjoy some champagne on our anniversary.......yes, I think I was being a little selfish as I could have driven today, but Tom isisted, so who I was I to argue.....🥂

They had already poured the champagne when we walked in, how lovely, and this was absolutely the way to start off a wedding anniversary celebration.

The lovely Daniel took our camera and we got some pictures stood outside the lounge, just to show we had champagne today.....

i-zBF2gnr-X2.jpg

We did have a lovely breakfast as always, I stuck to my toast, cream cheese and I had a squeezy bottle of grape jelly that the staff kept in the fridge for me as they never seemed to have many pots of grape jelly, seems not many folks love it!!

Tom had his usual croissants and we both had some watermelon which weirdly tasted so much better some days to others.

i-zM6tPL4-X2.jpg

i-c6sTqLv-X2.jpg

i-f6k9nM8-X2.jpg

i-nKM6PL8-X2.jpg

There are plenty of options for breakfast in the lounge, everything is cold which works for us, we don`t really want much more than that in the morning.

i-mXqcn5G-X2.jpg

i-PBCCpWN-X2.jpg

i-Dn6tdJd-X2.jpg

We were meeting someone we had known for a couple of years in Winter Park this morning, again, it was going to be a quick meet as they had to leave for work around 1pm, so we said we`d be in town around 10.30/11am.

It doesn`t take long to drive to WP, maybe 20 minutes and we were lucky to get parked in the main street although there is plenty of parking around.

We do like this town, today was not about wandering and doing any shopping, it was just catching up with someone we didn`t see very often. She had moved to Miami a few years ago, but was back in the area and although she didn`t work for Loews any longer, we still kept in touch and had arranged this meet only a few weeks ago.

We got there in plenty of time and had a wander round the beautiful park right in the centre of the town......it`s never overly busy anytime we have been here and lovely to walk through.

i-9FV8nCk-X2.jpg

I could see V appearing from behind Tom as he was taking some pictures, and I was trying not to laugh, so I was asking Tom to take another picture......and then she got him with a huge Boooooo.....in his ear.......lol....he almost dropped the camera!!!

It was so good to see V again. And again, it felt like we had only seen her yesterday. She is however a little camera shy.......

i-CttxSz6-X2.jpg

i-ft9NSRJ-X2.jpg

i-ms3qprh-X2.jpg

We wandered round and sat in the shade for our catch up, but she had to leave before too long to head to the hotel she works in now, but it was lovely seeing her and we`d try to meet before we left, but that never happened sadly.

We said our goodbye`s and we headed back to the car and went for our lunch, which today was somewhere plain and simple we had never eaten in before....Panera Bread.

I had visited Panera Bread when I was in Long Island once and really enjoyed it and my quite fussy mum had loved it, so I knew Tom would enjoy it too.

i-MBSZXS3-X2.jpg

It was exceptionally clean inside, that was the first thing I noticed and the staff were very friendly, it was similar to walking into 4Rivers who have the most amazing staff too.

We did have to study the menu for quite a time as we had no idea what the menu was or what we wanted.

i-rbPSMqG-X2.jpg

i-sRkM79G-X2.jpg

After much deliberation, Tom opted for the bacon turkey bravo sandwich and I wanted the BBQ chicken salad which came with a piece of french bread.

i-37vXZ9D-X2.jpg

i-T9xWNK8-X2.jpg

We did enjoy this lunch, it was fresh and very tasty, and not too filling. We didn`t want a huge lunch as we were going to Eddie V`s tonight for our anniversary dinner, so this was just enough. I think we would go back here for lunch again next trip.

I was looking at a couple sitting over by the window and they had a stroller beside the table as they were eating. It wasn`t facing us, but they kept cooing and smiling into the stroller and popping little bits of food into it, I thought that was so cute....they were obviously besotted with this baby or toddler.

Then, whatever was in the stroller.......barked. It barked.

1666016271449.png

Yes, they had a little yappy dog in the stroller and were goo gooing at it like it was a toddler.

I think I had seen it all now.

We headed back home but Tom wanted to stop off first to Total Wine to check if they had the Blackberry brandy in we like as it was showing out of stock, the lady said it would be in next week. I did wonder why we had to go in as we could easily have found out online, but Tom was watching the clock for some reason.

More to follow......

Oh my goodness! I see people strolling their dogs and cats on the beach, and I always try not to stare.
I will say I haven't seen anyone feeding them while they're in the stroller...yet. LOL

I love it when you can meet up with people :love: I think it does a body good to connect.

What a beautiful start to your Anniversary day, very nice with the bubbly! And thank you for sharing the lounge photos, it's always helpful to see what the offerings are.

Just look at that lovely young couple! You are radiant, and Tom is pleased as punch. A Very Happy Anniversary, Indeed! :lovestruc

As someone with a yappy dog (I love my Yorkie I do but I will admit she is a yappy one lol plus it’s how you train them. Normally she’s a sweet little thing unless you spook her), the stroller doesn’t surprise me. The northeast is crawling with them for dogs.

Your wedding pictures were lovely!

And yay we have new Panera fans!

Carole, I have already laughed out loud three times -- once at your description of the pork and Mac and cheese, once at your comment about the weird item poking out of the drink, and once at the dog in the stroller. I love reading your reports, and these installments were lovely! Congratulations on 30 years. The bangle is beautiful!

Oh my goodness! I see people strolling their dogs and cats on the beach, and I always try not to stare.
I will say I haven't seen anyone feeding them while they're in the stroller...yet. LOL

I love it when you can meet up with people :love: I think it does a body good to connect.

What a beautiful start to your Anniversary day, very nice with the bubbly! And thank you for sharing the lounge photos, it's always helpful to see what the offerings are.

Just look at that lovely young couple! You are radiant, and Tom is pleased as punch. A Very Happy Anniversary, Indeed! :lovestruc

Oh you`re entitled to stare....it is weird......I know I`m not an animal person generally, although I do like dogs and cats, but seeing so many in strollers is odd. They can`t all be infirmed. Yes, I think I`m judging......lol......

It is good being able to meet up with friends for sure, it`s always fun.

We did have a lovely anniversary thanks......I`m now missing that morning bubbly.....lol.......

Yes, the offerings are nice for breakfast, well, most folks seem happy with it.

Thank you......:) It`s hard to think it was 30 years ago.......and we did want to celebrate 30 years.....couldn`t just let it pass could we?

As someone with a yappy dog (I love my Yorkie I do but I will admit she is a yappy one lol plus it’s how you train them. Normally she’s a sweet little thing unless you spook her), the stroller doesn’t surprise me. The northeast is crawling with them for dogs.

Your wedding pictures were lovely!

And yay we have new Panera fans!

Why is it small dogs have to be the noisiest!! I`m not a fan of any small yappy dog, and those tiny little handbag dogs are the worst! Kyle had one try to bite his ankle on Saturday when he was doing the usual Saturday run......looked like a rat, owner picked it up and popped it in her handbag!!! Crazy.

Thank you, I love those pictures.......and yes, Panera Bread was an eye opener. It was so nice and everything was tasty. We`ll definitely go back another time.

Carole, I have already laughed out loud three times -- once at your description of the pork and Mac and cheese, once at your comment about the weird item poking out of the drink, and once at the dog in the stroller. I love reading your reports, and these installments were lovely! Congratulations on 30 years. The bangle is beautiful!

lol......I`m glad you laughed!! And we still can`t remember what was in that drink!!!

I`m so glad you`re enjoying the TR.......and thank you, yes, I do love that bangle!!

Why is it small dogs have to be the noisiest!! I`m not a fan of any small yappy dog, and those tiny little handbag dogs are the worst! Kyle had one try to bite his ankle on Saturday when he was doing the usual Saturday run......looked like a rat, owner picked it up and popped it in her handbag!!! Crazy.

Thank you, I love those pictures.......and yes, Panera Bread was an eye opener. It was so nice and everything was tasty. We`ll definitely go back another time.
As they say the tiny ones are the loudest!

I would have immediately apologized should my dog have done anything even remotely invading a humans personal space. Part of the reason my poor little one is spooked is because a slightly bigger than her dog once jumped out of a car at her! Owner could’ve cared less. Now my poor little dog we are having to re socialize with other dogs!

I will admit we have carriers for her but she does not go in a purse that is a no no!

Anytime :)

Panera honestly has some of the best deals going. The ones closest to us closed and it takes 20-30 minutes on a good day to get to the next closest ones so when we went to California a few weeks back we were pleasantly surprised by all the new deals!

Enjoying your trip report.

Your wedding photos show a happy smiling couple who are still smiling as brightly 30 years later. It is a blessing to find and marry your soul mate. May you have many more happy years together.

Any guy who treats his wife to a visit at Tiffany for their anniversary is a keeper.

Your bracelet is beautiful and suites your style. Mr. Tom is a thoughtful hubby.

As they say the tiny ones are the loudest!

I would have immediately apologized should my dog have done anything even remotely invading a humans personal space. Part of the reason my poor little one is spooked is because a slightly bigger than her dog once jumped out of a car at her! Owner could’ve cared less. Now my poor little dog we are having to re socialize with other dogs!

I will admit we have carriers for her but she does not go in a purse that is a no no!

Anytime :)

Panera honestly has some of the best deals going. The ones closest to us closed and it takes 20-30 minutes on a good day to get to the next closest ones so when we went to California a few weeks back we were pleasantly surprised by all the new deals!

One of my friends has a neighbour who has two scruffy tiny mongrels, and yes, they are the noisiest dogs in their street. Everyone complains constantly about them. We genuinely have no patience for barking dogs and glad we don‘t have to deal with them. I agree if my dog went to bite someone I’d be mortified and so apologetic.

Hope your poor little dog manages to get used to other dogs again, doesn’t take much to spook them.

We didn’t even notice deals in Panera, we were just quite happy with the menu itself, I’ve heard the soups are good, I think Tom would enjoy a soup.

Glad you’re still reading along…….:)

Enjoying your trip report.

Your wedding photos show a happy smiling couple who are still smiling as brightly 30 years later. It is a blessing to find and marry your soul mate. May you have many more happy years together.

Any guy who treats his wife to a visit at Tiffany for their anniversary is a keeper.

Your bracelet is beautiful and suites your style. Mr. Tom is a thoughtful hubby.

Thank you Robbie…….

Oh I agree……I knew the minute I met him he was the one. And our best man told that particular story at our wedding……lol…….

He is absolutely a keeper, and apologies for the schmaltz……but, he’s the most thoughtful and kindest person ever. And I agree, to marry your soul mate is a blessing. We have been incredibly happy together. And 30 years is something we did want to celebrate……I know some folks don‘t celebrate and let it pass, but not for us……I want to shout it from the rooftops……..lol……

And thank you, yes, it’s perfect for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter